re: re: Dear China

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
Earlier two letters have been posted, one from USA to China and another response.

The original post was: http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=38&threadid=430935

The response was: http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=38&threadid=431471

My personal response is in the bottom, bolded. Note that I am not disclaiming myself against PC types other than my comments are directed at the government and not citizens of this country.

-------------------------------------------

Dear China,

We're sorry that you don't train your fighter pilots better. As an apologetic token, please find an enclosed copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000.

We're sorry that you're front-line fighter planes can't outmaneuver a 35 year old prop-driven airliner. Why should we have expected your pilots to fly better then they drive. Perhaps you'd like to consider purchasing some surplus 1950's era Lockheed Starfighters from Taiwan. (They just replaced all theirs with shiny new F-16's)

We're sorry that you're confused about the boundaries of your country and believe that your territorial waters extend all the way to Australia. Please accept this gift--for future reference--of an American 6th grade geography textbook. (Please take note of the Copyright information printed inside the cover.)

We're sorry that you can't seem to acknowledge your role in this incident, and consider it politically expedient to take 24 young flight crewmen hostages, for the antics of a known hotdog fighter jockey.

Ponder this while we build several new Aegis destroyers for our friends in the Republic of China (Taiwan).

We're especially sorry for treating you with such respect for the last 20 years. We'll definitely rethink this policy, and consider treating you like a common street gang very soon.

We're also very sorry for ever granting you Most-Favored-Nation trading status. This will be rectified at the soonest possible opportunity.

Sincerely,

The United States of America

-----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------
Dear United States of America:

We received your letter of apology and want you to know that we are sorry too.

We're sorry that you don't train your fighter pilots better. Remember the marine pilot who cut the gondola cable near Cavalese, Italy, back in February, 1998, killing 20 people? His required altitude was no lower than 1,000 feet--he was at 360. His maximum permitted speed was 517 mph--he was at 621. Perhaps you can teach your pilots to read the cockpit instruments. By the way, the EP3 crew is alive and home; that's more than you can say for the European skiers.

We're sorry that your front-line nuclear attack submarines (like the Greenville) can't outmaneuver an old Japanese fishing trawler. You killed 9 in that accident. The captain failed to do a proper periscope search before surfacing. Is stupidity a requirement for office rank in the American navy?

We're sorry that you believe that your territorial rights extend around the globe. We are returning the geography textbook. Look at it closely--we've marked the boundaries of the U.S.A. for you. We have also marked the 40 countries where you have 200,000 American troops deployed, the 19 countries where you have 61 major American bases, and the places outside the U.S. where you maintain 800 Department of Defense facilities. We're sorry that you're the only nation in the world that cannot see that you are not a country--you are an EMPIRE.

We're sorry that you can't seem to see your part in the incident after the incident. Remember the marine pilot who killed the 20 skiers in Italy? You kept him out of Italian courts and then exonerated him by calling his action a "training accident". You have let the commander of the Greenville off with an honorable discharge and a pension.

We're sorry for treating you with respect. That "street gang" remark was hilarious--especially from you. Where should we start: Latin America? Europe? the Middle East? Africa? Asia? Let's start with Asia. Over in lovely Okinawa which you've occupied as a military colony since 1945, you are known quite well as the local gangster. Do you remember this incident from September 4, 1995?: two American marines and one U.S. sailor kidnapped a 12 year old girl (yes-12 years old), gagged her with duct tape, and raped her. One marine was an ROTC graduate and a father; the other had been a Boy Scout and a church member. Both, of course, were the fine products of the U.S. Marines. And this is not an isolated event. The incidence of reported rape in USA is 41 per 100,000 but at American bases in Okinawa it is 82 per 100,000. Over in Kosovo last year a 35 year old U.S. Army sergeant raped and murdered an 11 year old (yes--11 years old) ethnic Albanian girl. We're sure the women and children of Okinawa and Kosovo are just thrilled with your protection. Police bookings in Okinawa show that U.S. servicemen were implicated in 4,716 crimes between 1972 and 1995--that's almost a crime a day. Tell us--WHO is the street gang?

You can bet that we'll never let your street gang troops over here. You can threaten us if you like, but, since you couldn't beat Viet Nam (a country smaller than California) in 8 years of fighting, we're not too worried.

Sincerely,
China

---------------------------

Dear China:

All the incidents you have just said total 29 lives. Need we recollect how many lives were taken when you decided the best way to deal with pro-democracy activists is to run them over with tanks?

That one incident dwarfs all of our incidents that you have just listed. Furthermore, your statements point out American INDIVIDUAL actions, whereas what we point out for you are actions that reflect the actual government.

Big difference. I await your response. In the meantime I'm sure you'll have your hands full arresting, beating, and killing religious dissidents, because we know that your Eastern Gods seem to condone your regular mass murder of people who have done nothing more than voice freedom.

By the way - next time you FVCK with us in Los Alamos maybe we should treat you like this:

http://www.dallasnews.com/world/360043_nuchina_07int..html

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
Oh and need I quote your responses in the original response:

<< Your post is none the amusing, its old and banal. Have a nice day. >>

And then after the Dear USA: response

<< BWAHAHHAHAHAHA NICE DRAGOON. HAHAHAHA >>

So, there is bobby ribs, again sharing his volumes of insightful critism.

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
Or if you're up to the challenge, and if you have the appropriate intellectual and motor skills (which I highly doubt judging from every post of yours I read), 'respond' to my letter. I'd be interested to see how you can justify Tianaman Square and the persecution of the many religious dissents that are always being photographed and reported?

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

<< Or if you're up to the challenge, and if you have the appropriate intellectual and motor skills (which I highly doubt judging from every post of yours I read), 'respond' to my letter. I'd be interested to see how you can justify Tianaman Square and the persecution of the many religious dissents that are always being photographed and reported? >>

Sounds good. Lessee BOBBY?

PistachioByAzul

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
because we know that your Eastern Gods seem to condone your regular mass murder of people who have done nothing more than voice freedom.

China has no official religion, so don't use this as an excuse to bash Eastern religion, especially when IMO western religions are infinitely worse.

Asubit

Banned
Nov 2, 2000
Buddhism is the country?s dominant religion with around 100 million adherents. Islam is practiced by approximately 20 million people. The government allows for the practice of Christianity as long as it is done under the auspices of the state controlled churches. The Catholic Patriotic Association, which does not recognize the authority of the Vatican, claims some 5 million adherents while the Three-Self Patriotic Movement claims between 10-15 million Protestant worshippers. Unofficial Catholics (those who are affiliated with the Vatican) number around 10 million while Protestant house churches may have as many as 30 million members. Folk religions and Taoism are also practiced by a larger number of people. Practitioners of eastern religions usually receive less interference from the government than &quot;foreign&quot; religions like Christianity and Islam. Tibetan Buddhism, however, is not tolerated by the government.

Passions

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000
we know that your Eastern Gods seem to condone your regular mass murder of people who have done nothing more than voice freedom.

Communists don't have Gods. Real smart.

By the way - next time you FVCK with us in Los Alamos maybe we should treat you like this:

How old are you? What an highly intelligent thing to say. Wen Ho Lee's case is full of holes, how can you judge him? Good assumption.

how you can justify Tianaman Square and the persecution of the many religious dissents that are always being photographed and reported?

What does that have to do with anything? Lol, you make me laugh. Did I ever say Communist China was jusified in persecution? You make so many assumptions I feel sorry for you, really.

Just look at your topic guy, you remind me of a little kid. Seriously, your xenophobia is repulsive. I never condoned the actions of China, I merely think your blind patriotism is sickening. People like you think the US is sooo good and righteous, the US never does anything wrong, and every nation against the US is &quot;evil&quot; right? But then again, I would be guilty of the same thing, assuming. Let's just say I am sick of these &quot;Dear China&quot; letters. How old are we, please.

PS: Please do not take my posts seriously, I have a good time here.

Asubit

Banned
Nov 2, 2000
Communists don't have Gods. Real smart

did you just make this up? please say yes so that I can sleep.

What an highly intelligent thing to say. Wen Ho Lee's case is full of holes, how can you judge him? Good assumption.

um right. this is why 55 people with relations to the case fled the country or pled the fifth?

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
Asubit -

You're respondin before I have a chance to.

But you hit the nail on the head. And how come he still hasn't explained why he was messing around with classified data on a non-classified computer.

PistachioByAzul

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Communists don't have Gods. Real smart

did you just make this up? please say yes so that I can sleep.

What he should have said is that the Communist government of China has no official religion. On top of that, the Buddhist &quot;religion&quot; has no God.

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
Oh BTW:

The American businessman in my link did nothing wrong. He was accused of minor economic crimes and is still being held in a military prison.

There's something slightly worse about holding a businessman in a military prison than there is holding a scientist, with access to our most valuable data, that we had monitored for months ahead of time, in solitary confinement because he could have been guilty of a crime that could have ended in the death penalty.

If the Chinese government was in our place they probably would have excuted him in a matter of days or weeks like they do all their 'inmates.' They have, by far, the greatest use of the death penalty; combine that to a country that does not recognize the right to a fair trial and you have yet more innocents dying. Big surprise.

cfredc

Jul 19, 2000
Elemental: You want to talk about the past? The amount of people that were killed or persecuted during the tiananmen fiasco is nothing compared to what the US goverenment did to the indians. This is not to compare to what the blacks faced during the civil rights era because the government was reluctant to help spread equality. As you probably noticed, these examples arent of American Individual actions. But im sure that the US government has other things in mind. Such as, persecuting Chinese-American citizens for stealing secrets for China, arresting people for trying to ease their pain, killing religious people (Waco). Seems like your Western Gods know nothing except talk $hit about other countries and be hypocritical of themselves.

By the way - next time... ah nevermind, wont stoop down to your level....

Passions

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000
The FBI's conduct in cases such as Lee's is a matter of public record. They have openly admitted that they practice routine racial profiling.

FBI agents threatened Dr Lee with execution if he didn't cooperate.

The prosecution and Energy Secretary Bill Richardson have acted as though Dr. Lee was already a convicted spy, though he has never been formally charged with espionage.

Dr. Lee has been denied phone calls, put in solitary confinement and has been restricted access to family and defense counsel.

The lead FBI investigator has admitted that he misled the court with false information about Dr. Lee's actions.

The polygrapher concluded that Lee was not deceptive. Two other polygraphers in the DOE's Albuquerque test center, including the manager, reviewed the charts and concurred: Lee wasn't lying.

We asked Keifer to look at Lee's polygraph scores. He said the scores are &quot;crystal clear.&quot; In fact, Keifer says, in all his years as a polygrapher, he had never been able to score anyone so high on the non-deceptive scale. He was at a loss to find any explanation for how the FBI could deem the polygraph scores as &quot;failing.&quot;

As for downloading Classified data off their computers, it was not an uncommon pratice actually. Accounts of white employees doing it also were reported at xlab, but they were not punished as extensively. Former CIA Director John Deutch did the same thing acutally.

The facts don't add up, you cannot find this man guilty based on your assumptions. I don't think we'll ever know for sure.

Asubit

Banned
Nov 2, 2000
tianemen is one situation that was covered by the media. It is common knowledge that christians and tibetan budhists are persecuted on a daily basis in china. the PRC opposes freedom, opposes diversity and opposes tolerance.. this is common knowledge yet you continue to compare the US to China which leads me to believe you are either highly ignorant or severely retarded.

Difference between the US and china is we have reformed our ways.. slavery doesnt' exist.

Still haven't answered me with where you are from fred.

Asubit

Banned
Nov 2, 2000
Ok Bibs you are out of control,

The FBI's conduct in cases such as Lee's is a matter of public record. They have openly admitted that they practice routine racial profiling.

Racial profiling has nothing to do with it. Nobody was profiled here. There were clear violations of rules and regulations at los alamos and the FBI investigated it and found more serious criminal violations.

FBI agents threatened Dr Lee with execution if he didn't cooperate.

any seven year old who has passed the first grade knows that the FBI is an investigative body. They have no control over a jury or judges verdict. Trials are pursued by the US attorneys office which communicates with the DOJ. The FBI simply supplies the evidence.. the ties end aftewards.

The prosecution and Energy Secretary Bill Richardson have acted as though Dr. Lee was already a convicted spy, though he has never been formally charged with espionage.

oh my GOD

On December 10, 1999, the government brought a fifty-nine-count indictment against Dr. Lee. Thirty-nine counts allege that Dr. Lee violated the Atomic Energy Act because he purportedly mishandled material containing restricted data, with the intent to injure the United States, and with the intent to secure an advantage to a foreign nation. Dr. Lee was also charged with ten counts of unlawfully obtaining defense information in violation of 18 U.S.C. &amp; 793(c), and with ten counts of willfully retaining national defense information in violation of 18 U.S.C. &amp;793(e).

Dr. Lee has been denied phone calls, put in solitary confinement and has been restricted access to family and defense counsel.

good

The polygrapher concluded that Lee was not deceptive. Two other polygraphers in the DOE's Albuquerque test center, including the manager, reviewed the charts and concurred: Lee wasn't lying.

not admissable in court for a reason.

How can you defend the indefensable.. I suppose next you will tell me that the 58 visits mr. david made to the white house were because willy was his friend?

And the DNC returned those donations because they were legal... uh huh.

cfredc

Jul 19, 2000
asubit: Doesnt matter what you say, all the US magazines were insinuating that lee was guilty, until it was proved otherwise. Even the FBI themselves said they were a bit overbearing when it came to the investigation.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
To add insult to injury, the US government did a little &quot;ethnic cleansing&quot; of the Los Alamos Labs and got rid of many brilliant physisists of many nationalaties. BTW, if i recall, all but one of the 59 counts was thrown out because of insufficient evidence. I think it's clear that there was racial profiling in this case.

Asubit

Banned
Nov 2, 2000
when was it proven otherwise?

and while you are defending the indefensable how do you defend mandatory abortions?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

<< when was it proven otherwise? >>

Because there were other scientists who made the same grievous security breaches, yet they only targeted Wen Ho Lee.

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
Not to mention the &quot;hiring&quot;(not much difference in slavery) of Chinese immigrant laborers to build the U.S. railroads in the 1800s, followed by the Chinese Exclusion Act. Yeah, that's real great.

Asubit

Banned
Nov 2, 2000
55 men and women pled the fifth or fled the country in regards to the wen ho lee debacle.

insufficient evidence is right.

Asubit

Banned
Nov 2, 2000
state sponsored abortion and present day oppression of christians and tibetan budhists.

I can site present day examples of PRC appalling behavior.

CAn you site similar domestic examples of the United States? Are we slaughtering our own people?

cfredc

Jul 19, 2000
asubit: read up on chinese history and its population size. Do you know that only 20% or less of china is farmable, not to mention its population size is over 1.2 billion. If they didnt have the mandatory laws, you would have major over population and starvation. Whats better, aborting a fetus or starving to death thousands if not millions of children. Oh and you want example of US government oppressing by cutting out procreation? Look up the scandal on Tusgkee (sp?).

oh and when was a fetus a person?