RCP poll average: Trump passes Hillary

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
"I like a man that bullies people when they point out his flaws and proposes no sound policies for what he would do as a leader. He doesn't even have a single position where he has not held every single angle on that position. I want a leader that acts like a grown child that confuses maturity for petulant yelling."

That's what he said...

That is not what he said. You're increasingly childish.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

That's exactly what he said. Are you able to read context?

Myself, I like Trump just because he doesn't play the game of being nice to the Democrats and the left while they're savaging him. He's a street fighter and after two consecutive spineless toads like McCain and Romney the meat-and-potatoes wing of the GOP is ready for someone who comes out swinging.

What does this mean to you? Where do you get a sound policy analysis?Where do you get any idea of what a president Trump would do for this country? Where do you get anything beyond Trump being more than an easily-triggered manlet that yells at people that he disagrees with?

lol--the funny thing is that he loves Trump for all the reasons that you clearly dislike me! :D

Last edited:

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
She has serious campaigning flaws. Character flaws are mostly hype. Just because someone hypes an item up for decades doesn't make it true.

Clinton isn't energizing, isn't dynamic, for some reason thinks she needs to shout every single word with vocal cords that can't take it any more, etc. These are not features that make for great sound bites or generate a lot of enthusiasm.

But, she is a known result. Most likely her reign would be fairly similar to Bill Clinton and Obama's reign. It would most likely be fairly slow, steady, stable. That alone has appeal compared to Trump.

When Sanders is gone from the picture, those who wildly supported him have a big decision to make. The known to be good for the US vs. rolling the dice. I suspect that maybe a quarter of Sanders supporters will just not vote, maybe up to 15% will go to Trump, but the rest will shrug and vote Clinton out of the fear of what Trump would do. To win, Trump needs at least 2/3 Sander's supporters and I just don't see any evidence of that happening.

Note: I am a fiscal-libertarian with a left-leaning social bent. Sanders would probably get my vote, but he just takes things too far for me to be a big Sanders supporter (especially his too-strong union support and anti-trade tirades). I'll probably reluctantly go Clinton.

Well that was a well reasoned post.

What the hell is going on here?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It's real simple. That is not what he said, period.

You're right, it is simple. It is exactly what he said. Please tell me where he laid out a Trump policy position that attracts him as a supporter.

Do you consider that a simple question?

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
So you don't get your way and people don't cow-tow to your beliefs so you denigrate them? Sounds like your comment is about yourself, not the well-reasoned post you were responding to.

FYI, the term you're looking for is "Kowtow".

Last edited:

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
You're right, it is simple. It is exactly what he said. Please tell me where he laid out a Trump policy position that attracts him as a supporter.

Do you consider that a simple question?

You're still lying, which at this point I'm taking as a symptom of your self-deluded state of mind.

Below is a quote of what he said.

And yes that's a simple question, I bolded the answer to your juvenile question in the post you insist on misquoting.

I like Trump just because he doesn't play the game of being nice to the Democrats and the left while they're savaging him. He's a street fighter and after two consecutive spineless toads like McCain and Romney the meat-and-potatoes wing of the GOP is ready for someone who comes out swinging.

And Trump has now secured the nomination.

Therefore his ideas appeal to a broad enough segment of Americans that they've voted for him.

Myself, I like the idea of securing the border and tightening workplace regulations such that illegal aliens leave the USA for lack of work. They'll self-deport just as they did when Eisenhower was President.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
It sure seems like there are a lot of people who support the idea of illegal aliens continuing to cross our border and live among us, around here. Does anyone care about the laws anymore?

Trump is the only one running for POTUS who is talking about fixing any of it.

They benefit the republicans and democrats for different reasons. I don't doubt for a minute that the illegals are voting in states with loose voting rules, where they have been threatened with deportation, if they don't vote.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You're still lying, which at this point I'm taking as a symptom of your self-deluded state of mind.

Below is a quote of what he said.

And yes that's a simple question, I bolded the answer to your juvenile question in the post you insist on misquoting.

excellent! He did mention Trump's stance on illegal immigration and a generic something something about business that has never been spelled out by Trump.

I am glad thatnwe are getting somewhere.

Now, if you allow me a further question: Which of Trump's various and complete sampling of stances on each of these issues should we consider as real to make our determination of an actual policy that he has proposed?

For sake of argument, we'll discard assumptions that policy x "will happen just the way as it did for Eisenhower...for some reason." Obviously that's a silly assumption to make with no basis for very many reasons, but we're smart people and we understand that.

So, which policy are we addressing here?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It sure seems like there are a lot of people who support the idea of illegal aliens continuing to cross our border and live among us, around here. Does anyone care about the laws anymore?

Trump is the only one running for POTUS who is talking about fixing any of it.

They benefit the republicans and democrats for different reasons. I don't doubt for a minute that the illegals are voting in states with loose voting rules.

I don't like it either. Can you point out a sound policy that Trump has proposed that will actually stop that from happening?

...how are illegal immigrants supposed to vote? Is that what concerns you?

IamDavid

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Final election results will be:
Trump 44%:
Clinton 42%:
Wasted 3rd party votes 14%:

Clinton will lose ground in the final 2 weeks leading up to the election due to more email drama. Leaked reports saying the JD wants to indict but the current administration is blocking it. Something along these lines.

Clinton may still win based on the delegate counts. Ohio will vote in favor of Trump. Florida will be key. Rubio and Jeb will be the key to helping swing Florida in favor of Trump.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Final election results will be:
Trump 44%:
Clinton 42%:
Wasted 3rd party votes 14%:

Clinton will lose ground in the final 2 weeks leading up to the election due to more email drama. Leaked reports saying the JD wants to indict but the current administration is blocking it. Something along these lines.

Clinton may still win based on the delegate counts. Ohio will vote in favor of Trump. Florida will be key. Rubio and Jeb will be the key to helping swing Florida in favor of Trump.

Delegate counts?

Are you just making up shit to post here, because you are bored?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Still pretty early to call anything. Trump is a wildcard candidate, I know the electoral college leans blue, but Trump is a non-traditional candidate. At any rate, still plenty of time for a Mike Dukakis moment or a Bill Clinton moment to make any prediction now meaningless. Curious to see how the debates go.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

You apparently function on a child like level, so you really do not have much of a leg to stand on.

Trump is so far out there on so many concepts I'm truly amazed he has made it this far.

Well not really, he has been playing to the reality TV crowd.

Last edited:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I'm starting to really believe Hillary is going to chose Sanders as her VP.
And standing right up there on the old convention stage.
And Sanders just might accept.
I smell a rerun of JFK and LBJ in the making.
Question is, will Sanders supporters be satisfied with this stunt?
Typical all the VP does is attend funerals and create foundations pledging to fight sickness and or poverty.
If Hillary can castrate this raging bull Bernie, then maybe she really does deserve to be president after all.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I'm starting to really believe Hillary is going to chose Sanders as her VP.
And standing right up there on the old convention stage.
And Sanders just might accept.
I smell a rerun of JFK and LBJ in the making.
Question is, will Sanders supporters be satisfied with this stunt?
Typical all the VP does is attend funerals and create foundations pledging to fight sickness and or poverty.
If Hillary can castrate this raging bull Bernie, then maybe she really does deserve to be president after all.

He, he, raging bull, more like old man shaking fists at clouds.

placeholder for simpsons link.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Thankfully there simply isn't enough ignorant white men in this country to give Trump the presidency. That is the only voting block that is strongly Trump.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Thankfully there simply isn't enough ignorant white men in this country to give Trump the presidency. That is the only voting block that is strongly Trump.
Last I checked Hillary was cleaning up with high school drop outs.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
nope, you made the claim you back it up, that's what we do at the adult table. again you're confused bucky.
You're showing how much of a dishonest hack you really are. The claim that "ignorant white men" support Trump is accepted without a blink of an eye. I say Hillary was polling better than Trump among high school dropouts and you ask for confirmation.

And you don't know what they do at the adult table so make sure you don't spill your kool-aid and shut up.