Rave: Target Store

MidasKnight

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2004
Just had to say what a steal I got buying a new bike at Target. Was buying it for my sons 14 Birthday and went in there to pick up a cheap bike. Saw this on the rack:

Bike

And it said it was $63.00 .... I though ...hmmm bike are really cheap here ... took it to check out. As I walked the bike to the check out I was looking it over and was amazed at the quality of such a brand new bike for only $63 bucks.

Got to the check out and it rang up as $149.00 .......... I was like WTH ! Target mismarked the bike / realized their mistake and sold it to me for the $63 Bucks ! ;)

:thumbsup: to that Target MGT ! Felt kinda guilty getting it for that but I didn't try to force them at all. I was going to just pay the $149.00 ( since it was worth it ) but they insisted on honoring that mistake.

Don't want to shop Wal-Mart ? Go to Target ;)

MidasKnight

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2004
Originally posted by: chrisms
A Target bike.. your son will be made fun of

Well some of us parents work for a living and our kids were not born with silver spoons in their mouths...:roll:

Edit: Dammit ... made the mistake of feeding a TROLL....:disgust:

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
I love Target. I always prefer that to WalMart because most Walmarts are pretty grungy.

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003
Originally posted by: MidasKnight

Well some of us parents work for a living and our kids were not born with silver spoons in their mouths...:roll:

I was born with a clump of dirt in my mouth but still worked my ass off to buy a brand new Haro baby

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001

Target sells decent brands these days. I've found that kids don't care about brand names on bikes much. Just as long as they have one.

MidasKnight

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Fritzo

Target sells decent brands these days. I've found that kids don't care about brand names on bikes much. Just as long as they have one.

:p:thumbsup:

Should have seen his face this AM .. very happy kid .. I'm happy to ;)

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003

I was born with a clump of dirt in my mouth but still worked my ass off to buy a brand new Haro baby

Where on the bike does it say what store he bought it at? :roll:

When I was a kid I was thrilled about the HUFFY my parents bought me. I rode it all over showing my friends. It weighed 40 pounds, but that's just more exercise for me.

I eventually saved enough money to buy a better bike, but I never complained about the Huffy and no one ever made fun of me.

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003
Originally posted by: mugs

When I was a kid I was thrilled about the HUFFY my parents bought me. I rode it all over showing my friends. It weighed 40 pounds, but that's just more exercise for me.

I eventually saved enough money to buy a better bike, but I never complained about the Huffy and no one ever made fun of me.

Around here you got beat to a pulp if you were riding a Huffy

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000

uh... where the fvck do you live, richville, CA? i mean seriously, i used to ride an OLD OLD OLD GT, had a gyro though, and it was light blue, no one cared. then i got a Diamondback, no one cared.

kids dont give a rats ass wtf you ride.

MIKE

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
Just had to say what a steal I got buying a new bike at Target. Was buying it for my sons 14 Birthday and went in there to pick up a cheap bike. Saw this on the rack:

Bike

And it said it was $63.00 .... I though ...hmmm bike are really cheap here ... took it to check out. As I walked the bike to the check out I was looking it over and was amazed at the quality of such a brand new bike for only $63 bucks.

Got to the check out and it rang up as $149.00 .......... I was like WTH ! Target mismarked the bike / realized their mistake and sold it to me for the $63 Bucks ! ;)

:thumbsup: to that Target MGT ! Felt kinda guilty getting it for that but I didn't try to force them at all. I was going to just pay the $149.00 ( since it was worth it ) but they insisted on honoring that mistake.

Don't want to shop Wal-Mart ? Go to Target ;)

That looks like quite a nice bike .. i am looking to buy a new push bike on monday to help me get fit and also to build up my leg muscles for football/soccer

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003

And amazingly I'm not only alive and well, but I suffered no social effects or emotional trauma as a result of riding my $150 bike.

Maybe you ought to re-evaluate what you consider important in life.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

Sure that happened...

MidasKnight

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2004

Around there I'm sure you were "beat to a pulp" on a regular basis for just being you !

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Just a dipshlt fvcktard trying to justify what he got soaked for a friggin' bike. I'm sure he won tons of trophies and money in all the competitions he entered with it... :roll:

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
I had a Huffy and I thought it was the greatest thing. 18 speeds, 40 lb frame, sidepull brakes. I didn't care or knew what the differences in quality was when I was 12. If he loses the bike, wreck it, whatever, it's not a huge loss.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
*sheds a tear*

I remember my first bike around the age of 7.

Right after the training wheels were taken off, I was FLYING, rammed right into our car. Lots and lots of blood :)