Rant: Public Bathrooms

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
A couple of people I know are like that. They refuse to use any kind of public restroom.

i'm one of them

when i go to a festival for a couple of days I take imodium pills as a prevention -- you don't want to see the result when I am back at home :D

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Ahh its good to have a schedule that involves leaving a deuce only 2-3 times a week. Public restrooms scare me, although the ones in my school really arent that bad.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Public restrooms? I usually just open the door and start spraying; I don't want to get any nearer to anything than that.

eakers

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000

<< I had to clean up blood in the ladies room, because some lady menstrated all over. This was when I was like 16, too. >>

how much was there? is that even possible?

*kat. <-- sooooooooo confused.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
I was goona say something wise mouthed here.. then I realised that I'm so fussy about stuff that I carry my own keyboard and mouse with me to onsite jobs so I don't have to put my hands on
other's people's dirty stuff, I guess I like using public restrooms even less !

BlueApple

Banned
Jul 5, 2001

<<

<< I had to clean up blood in the ladies room, because some lady menstrated all over. This was when I was like 16, too. >>

how much was there? is that even possible?

*kat. <-- sooooooooo confused.
>>

It's a women thing, you wouldn't understand. ;)

<< the nastiest bathroom i ever saw was at the hertz car rental place at Dulles Airport in Virginia, there was sh!t all over the toilet seat, the outside of the bowl and stall walls, some sick puppy smeared it all over >>

I think I've rented from that location a few times before, modern building, just far away from the terminal. :p

zeruty

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2000

<< And that's why I just hold it in until I get home. I've pooped in public restrooms maybe twice in my life. It's soo embarassing it's scandalous. >>

I agree! I'm the same way
it's nasty!
I can not understand why people would crap in public unless they could asolutely positively NOT hold it in
when I go into the bathroom at work and someone is in the stall stinking up the place it really irritates me... I mean... couldnt they have done it at home that morning or waited til they got home? are they so unbalanced that they have to go every couple of hours? sheesh!
I can go a week if need be without making a sacrifice to the porcelain god.... whats with people? :(

The worst situation I've ever seen...
was at KUBE 93's Summer Jam last year... their summer concert... bunch of big name rappers there, etc (snoop dogg, d12, 112, etc, etc) but the porta-potties were HORRIBLE
I didnt go into one until 6 or so hours after I got there...
but the freakin crap was piled up in them almost up to the seat
I looked through like 10 trying to find one where I couldnt see the crap..... (thank god for the urinal thing on the side of the porta-potty! didnt have to pee on crap)
hell, some of them... the crap piled ABOVE the level of the seat! yuck!

LostHiWay

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2001
You guys think urine and crap is bad. I was once in a rest area restroom. Inside one of the stalls was about a 4 inch glory hole. The whole stall was covered in umm....male bodily fluid. The whole damn wall was was covered with it. Talk about gross!

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001

<< The worst situation I've ever seen...
was at KUBE 93's Summer Jam last year... their summer concert... bunch of big name rappers there, etc (snoop dogg, d12, 112, etc, etc) but the porta-potties were HORRIBLE
>>

Don't get me started on those. I went to DC101's chili cookoff a few years ago and those should have been classified as a toxic waste zone. Imagine 10,000+ people, all getting free chili all day. Now imagine that there are only about 20 porta-potties to go around. I still shudder at the thought of those things.

Booster

Diamond Member
May 4, 2002
ThaGrandCow, no offense meant, man, but what's the big deal? We can't change the world, we can't change the facts. We can't really make those bathrooms clean.

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Man! Where the hell do you guys live? All the movie bathrooms i've been to were clean. The only dirty bath room I've been to was in my school (didn't have any poop smeard on the wall thought).... hahaha

Even the gas stations were clean.

Antoneo

Diamond Member
May 25, 2001
I remember in junior high, I went to use the urinal and noticed one of the stall doors open. It stunk like hell as well and I peered in only to find a white t-shirt blasted with brown paste in the potty. UGGHHHHH. Nasty... guess they ran out of toliet paper.

Oh and what's the deal with putting boogers on the walls above the urinal??

Booster

Diamond Member
May 4, 2002

<< I remember in junior high, I went to use the urinal and noticed one of the stall doors open. It stunk like hell as well and I peered in only to find a white t-shirt blasted with brown paste in the potty. UGGHHHHH. Nasty... guess they ran out of toliet paper. >>

:D ROFLMAO

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
I used to work at a "high class" grocery store (yeah the people sucked), and it attracted all the old old old farts you can imagine. Amazingly, one lady managed to spontaneously combust out of her @$$. **it was all over the place. walls, floor, door, in the next stall, on the ceiling. That was horrible.

worst emergency I ever had to make was off of I94 going through Chicago in at a jank @$$ stop. Ever seen trainspotting? Yeah, that x 1000.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com

<<
I think I've rented from that location a few times before, modern building, just far away from the terminal. :p
>>

yeah!! that is the one, its sorta away from everything, you got it ;)

Scouzer

Lifer
Jun 3, 2001
My school is just terrible... think 800 students, 4 stalls for guys, and right after lunch. In the entire school, 4 stalls for men. 300 of the students are in Junior High, typical pranksters. Our janitors smell worse than the washrooms, they have no personal grooming and never do their job during the day.

An example of what happens in this combined circumstances:
I walk into the washroom...as usual soaking toilet paper is falling from the roof and I have to meticuously make my way over to the stalls. Once I get to the stalls I find one is puke blasted soaking with fresh vomit. I go to the next one, there is a pile of crap a foot and a half out of the water of the industrial toilet with some toilet paper on it, and more crap on top of that. I go to our other washroom with a further 2 stalls, one is locked and piss is all over the floor under it. I look in the other washroom, there is fresh sh!t in there and no toilet paper. Apparently I will be holding my sh!t until I get home.

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
Apparently I will be holding my sh!t until I get home.

lol yea thats just bad. probably my worst gripe with schools. just sneak into a teachers bathroom:)

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
When I was working part time at a grocery store, part of my duties included cleaning the restrooms. For some reason, when someone isn't directly responsible for something, they think it's okay to just let go and act like animals. I can't believe how dirty the restrooms would be. I'm glad the employees had their own restroom. They were way cleaner then the ones reserved for the customer. Seriously, if it were your house, you wouldn't throw dirty toilet paper on the floor. Or smear feces on the mirror. :disgust:

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001

<< People are so nasty. At my hall bathrooms, when I go to use the bathroom, there is usually only 1 or 2 out of 5 stalls to use because peoples' urine/feces are in the other three. And alos what the hell is the problem with people propping the damn bathroom door open? Don't they want any fvcking privacy when they use the restroom. *rant* I always feel like waiting by the door with a baseball bat and knocking the brains out of someone's head if they prop the damn door open, well maybe not knock there brains out but at least severly bruise the fvckers. *rant* >>

That's minute. There is no door on stalls at my school. Alot of freshmen avoid them, but rest of us are used to it. It is not that bad once you get used to it. Fortunately, the bathroom is kept relatively clean other than bad littering problem. There was a smashed sandwich on the floor once.

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001

<< if the door's propped open, you wont need to touch it. if the door is closed, then people who dont wash their hands will have to touch it, and you'll be touching whatever they had their hands. so when the door's open, it's cleaner! :) >>

Follow up rant:

I hate those effing doors on bathrooms that you push open from outside. It makes much more sense to pull it open from outside and push it open from inside. You won't have to use papertowel to open the door. I refuse to touch doorhandles on public restrooms after washing my hand, becuase I KNOW alot of people just wiped their @ss and touched the door handle without washing them.

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
i ussually have to use the towel that i dried my hands with to open the door:p sucks for them if they don't keep a garbage can near the door:p

Mandrill

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2000
Reminds me of when I was in college. The entire first quarter we had no stall dividers in the mens bath rooms. Just a half a dozen thrones lined up next to each other. I paid how much in tuition for that?

SWScorch:

<< Ahh its good to have a schedule that involves leaving a deuce only 2-3 times a week. >>

I have not laughed as hard in years as I did after I read that line. Thank you

LiLRiceBoi

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2000

<<

<<

<<

<< I really don't need to even rant here. Most of you (guys) know what I'm talking about. I can see a bars bathroom being messed up, but a movie theatre? I went to see Spider-Man last night and I couldn't believe the place. I can't even imagine how people get their own feces on the walls. >>

Yes, looks like I sure know what you're talking about! What annoys me, it's that people don't use the flush 'feature' each and every time they're there.
>>

Yeah! Are you leaving a present for the next person to come into the stall?
"Oh my god! A turd floating in the water! Someone really cares..."

Is it an art statement? Are you trying to show just how isolated and alone people are by leaving a single crap wrapped in toilet paper floating? Should I take a picture? <----link
>>

I refuse to click on that link while i'm eating...
>>

WTF?? you were still eating after reading all thoes posts??