RANT: OMG!! Japan rigging Olympics?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
The sports journalist Mike Wilbon, speaking about figure skating, said it (and other games) are not real sports because they rely on human judges to score the competitors.

Which brings to mind boxing (which isn't the sport it used to be), where in the 1988 Games in Seoul, Roy Jones Jr. was absolutely robbed the Korean judges.

Face it, stuff like this happens all the time (and not just in sports) whenever politics come into play.

HOWITIS

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2001
i don't think you can judge the performance as better just because the american crowd cheered the canadians more. it was well known going in that the americans always cheer more for their northern cousins than to other countries.

and the other skaters were russians.

HOWITIS

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2001
lol, just noticed that my above post was # 666. must be something to that post.

Cosmo

Nov 23, 1999
well if anything was rigged it was the triple american win. Haven't seen anyone being robbed like Heikki Sorsa since I don't know when. The japanese guy had a huge McTwist but the 10 for air by the japanese judge was just embarrasing, I agree.