RANT: My roommate's mother is an idiot...

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
She calls every other day.

He's never around to take her calls, so I end up having to play secretary. Normally I wouldn't mind, but this woman is a complete tit. She'll begin the call asking for her son, I inform her that he's not home and ask to take a message, expecting her to leave one and end the call. No, that's when she launches into why she called and continues to tell me about their plans, or what have you.

It's annoying.

I used to patronize her and feign interest in what they were meant to be having for lunch, or where they would meet for the parade, but now I simply wait in silence as she finishes talking to herself and end the "conversation."

On the odd occassion she gets the voice mail. And proceeds to leave three or four lengthy messages basically saying call me back.

Funny thing is, his grandmother is EXACTLY the same...

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
did you just call her a tit? LOL

never heard someone call someone a tit before...

Originally posted by: PoPPeR
did you just call her a tit? LOL

never heard someone call someone a tit before...
Haha, that's the first thing I thought when I read his post.

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
LOL, I actually know exactly what you're talking about. I had a roommate like that. In addition, she was a total control freak and controlled his every step. Like what classes to study for on a particular night, where to go, what to wear, etc. Think about mom from Malcom in the middle, and you'll get the idea. And to top it of, she lived in upstate NY, while we were in NYC.

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
Originally posted by: xmellyx
Next time you should say that he's 'getting some'.

Ha, ha. "No, I'm sorry, but Mike's in the middle of shagging his boyfriend. Hang on, maybe I can get him to come to the phone."

He's not gay, but boy that would get her attention.

lizardboy

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2000
Or ditch the landline and make sure the tit doesn't get a hold of your cell phone number.

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: DeadByDawn
Originally posted by: Sifl
Milf?

At this point you can assume she's not calling to talk to her son, she's calling to talk to you. She wants you bud....
Nothing like leaving pictures of you and your roomates mom on his computer.

That would redefine "pwned."

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: lizardboy
Or ditch the landline and make sure the tit doesn't get a hold of your cell phone number.
Get call forwarding and forward all the calls back to her house.

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Originally posted by: brigden
She's revolting. I wouldn't fsck her with your dick.

would you fsck me with yours? ;)

Next time you answer and it's her, and you hear her voice, pretend you're an answering machine...

briggy: hello?
momsie: Hi is.....
briggy: fooled you! we can't come to the phone right now, but if you leave your name, number, and a brief message...

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Is he an only child? That would explain why she dotes on him so.

Not that it makes it any less annoying for you, I'm sure. ;)

I have a similar situation where I have to hear about this woman's little princess daughter every day. I try to politely imply that she should shut up by just saying "uh huh" and not paying attention, but she just keep blabbering on about what her daughter is doing this evening and this weekend, and where her boyfriend is taking her.

At times I've almost just blurted out "And I care because...?" Eventually, I probably will. :p

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Originally posted by: brigden
Be carefully for what you wish for, darlin'...

;) + :wine: + :lips: + :moon: = :cool:

I love that picture story!

Besides you have a gf not to mention I live in a different country than you, no?

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
If you can't get a caller id thing going for you, disguise your voice every time you answer it. When she calls, simply say something random and hang up. She'll eventually stop calling.

Example.

*Ring* *Ring*
You: "Heeelllloooooo????"
Her: "Is my little Silly-billy there?"
You: "BAAHHHHH!!!! NEGOLOGGGGS!" *Click* (hangs up)

Not only will this solve the problem, but it will be fun. I mean, how long will you have that roommate anyhow? :D