RANT: AT Networking Forum

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
I agree, I would personally like to see a sticky about what home router/wireless to buy. This question is asked 100 times over and doesnt add a whole lot to the board overall.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that a sticky would help. The folks that usually ask those types of questions don't seem to know (or care) that there are sticky posts that will probably answer their questions.

imagoon

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
Unfortunately, I'm not sure that a sticky would help. The folks that usually ask those types of questions don't seem to know (or care) that there are sticky posts that will probably answer their questions.

I agree. I see people asking about installing networking wiring and the like all the time, ignoring my sticky at the top of the forum. Most of those I just post the link in to the thread after.

However with the image counts on bbzzdd people do actually look at it. So maybe it has some effect.

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
I agree, I would personally like to see a sticky about what home router/wireless to buy. This question is asked 100 times over and doesnt add a whole lot to the board overall.

Unlike Wiring and general tutorials stickys about current specific type of hardware have to be constantly Researched and Updated and it become almost a full time Job.

In in case of Network Wireless hardware many of the questions are more an Issue of ignorance and environmental factors, price is really Not such an issue when one knows what he/she is really dealing with.

There is a sticky about Hardware's builds in GH forum that works very well. But there you do not have to teach people what Motherboard or PSU are.

:cool:

RadiclDreamer

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
Even though it will not be 100% effective, it will at least decrease them to some extent. No harm in adding one right? I've been a member here for nearly 9 years and this question is asked on almost a daily basis it seems.

I honestly just skip over them any more and try to help with the issues that havent been asked a million times already. I hate to be that way, but I do this for a living and don't get much satisfaction in answering the same router question daily. I love helping, and thats the reason i even put in any time here but that question just grates on me of late.