rant: almost got into an accident with a SUV

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
driving to work on 287 this mornign...bumber to bumber traffic going at 75mph+. this fvuking woman in a huge a$$ SUV almost crashed into. stupid women drivers. she was driving all erratic...tailgating, swerving in and out of lanes, cutting peple off.

anyways so all 3 lanes are blocked..im in the leftmost lane. she gave up tailgating me and trying to make me and the cars in front of me speed up when she saw the other lanes are speeding up a little. so she goes all the way to the right most lane...cuts off a truck in the process. then that lane slows down but she is boxed in. meanwhile the car in front right of me moves from the middle lane to the left lane and i move into the middle lane cuz the left lane becomes an exit only lane soon.

at this point the crazy woman driver in her awful SUV is right next to me but a little forward...like i can still see her rear liscense plate but she doesnt have enuff room to merge into my lane. seeing how she's such an awful driver, i decide to speed up a little so that she can go in behind me (remember there is a car maybe like 3 car lengths in front of me) all the while keeping an eye on her hands. so right when im about to pass her she suddenly jerks her car toward my lane to cut me off...but there is no way she couldve cut me off as i was right next to rear seats. i brake, swerve and lay on the horn..stuuupid b!tch panicks and jerks her car back into her lane at 80mph! gave her a nice stare and a finger as i passed her by.
moral of story...keep away from women in SUVs

and this is why i hate SUVs. yes i realize its not the SUV's fault... but if she did collide with me, my car wouldve been totalled where the damage to her car wouldve been lot less severe. not fair cuz if she was the irresponsible one and she was the one who caused the accident, her damage should be just as bad as mine...if not worse.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: murphy55d
bad drivers are bad drivers no matter what kind of vehicle they are in.

yes true. but a bad driver in a mini would probably cause less damage than a bad driver in a H2

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Bad driver or not, it sounds like you were sitting right in her blind spot....

BHeemsoth

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2002
I am really getting sick of people talking down about SUV drives. It is the drivers fault, not the fault of the vehicle.

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
so the solution is to ban production of suvs?

when i see an erratic or dangerous driver, i slow down and move away from the driver to avoid anything like what you experienced.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I would be more worried about the cars behind you. A wreck at 75 mph on a very busy highway would turn nasty in any event.

WHipLAsh13

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by: rpbri2886
I am really getting sick of people talking down about SUV drives. It is the drivers fault, not the fault of the vehicle.

I agree with this totally.

radioouman

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2002
An Avalanche hit my Dakota yesterday. This is my 93 Dakota. Nice steel (chromed) bumpers. He was against it in a parking lot. I don't think that he knew. He was still sitting in his Avalanche with big tires/aftermarket rims when I got in my truck. I noticed that he was against my truckwhen i got in. I didn't have anything to lose, so I gave him a nice bump before I backed out of the spot. His plastic bumpers were no match for steel bumpers and a truck without air bags. If the jackass would have just backed off after he bumped my truck, I wouldn't have cared in the slightest. But he was right there, pressed up against my truck.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Jzero
Bad driver or not, it sounds like you were sitting right in her blind spot....

maybe so. but b4 i started accelerating i was clearly visible in her mirror cuz i could see her face in her mirror. and anyways, she didnt even bother lookin to see if anyone's in her blind spot

and the fact that she was driving all erratic all along makes me conclude that this wasnt just a one time mistake on her part. she's just a bad driver

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001

yes i said that. read my original post properly b4 you start posting.
what i said was that SUVs make bad drivers feel more safe when actually they end up doing more damage to other people

Subzero

Banned
May 5, 2003
Originally posted by: WHipLAsh13

It is getting VERY OLD.......
rolleye.gif

He wrote: "yes i realize its not the SUV's fault" ...then why even mention what type of vehicle it was ????

Sounds like we have an attention whore here....:disgust:

Next time speed up more so you can get next to the erratic driver...;)

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: K1052
I would be more worried about the cars behind you. A wreck at 75 mph on a very busy highway would turn nasty in any event.

yes very true. yesterday a truck hit a deer and there was blood and deer parts all over the road. 100 feet down the road only half the deer was laying dead on the side of the road

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Aharami

what i said was that SUVs make bad drivers feel more safe when actually they end up doing more damage to other people
So what do you suggest, a driving test for those looking to purchase an SUV?

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: subzeromn

rolleye.gif

He wrote: "yes i realize its not the SUV's fault" ...then why even mention what type of vehicle it was ????

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: subzeromn

rolleye.gif

yes im an attention whore and all those people driving those big gaudy vehicles (who doesnt need it) all just wanna be as inconspicuous as possible
rolleye.gif

and i was speeding up so that she can be behind me...so that if she hits me...i wouldnt be at fault. whereas if i let her go in front of me she couldve taken me down as well in her possible accident

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

So what do you suggest, a driving test for those looking to purchase an SUV?

yes. maybe a small truck liscense where the tests are harder and they would have to prove that they are capable of handling such a vehicle. im not saying all SUV drivers are bad but if there were some sort of weeding out program that kept those sour grapes from getting behind the wheel of such a large vehicle, maybe the roads will be a lot safer

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
the test should be if you can adjust your mirrors to get rid of your blindspot.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix

i doubt thats possible. all cars will have a blindspot no matter what. but if that test showed that you are willing to turn your head and glance quickly...then you are more suitable to sit behind the wheel of a suv

edit: and my car has daytime running lights. so she wouldve seen me had she jsut looked

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Give the guy a break. This is as bad as when someone mentions the race of a criminal - half the people call him a racist for mentioning the race. It WAS an SUV, if it was a car would you bitch at him for calling it a car and not using the more generic "automobile?"

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: ElFenix

i doubt thats possible. all cars will have a blindspot no matter what. but if that test showed that you are willing to turn your head and glance quickly...then you are more suitable to sit behind the wheel of a suv

edit: and my car has daytime running lights. so she wouldve seen me had she jsut looked

Actually, you're wrong about the blind spot. Cars have blind spots because everyone has always learned to adjust their mirrors wrong. If you point your side mirrors out farther, it's possible to adjust them so that as soon as someone moves out of your rear-view mirror range, you can see them in the side mirror. And by the time they move out of your side mirrors, you can see them in your peripheral vision. That's how I have them adjusted in my car. I usually check my blind spot anyway, can't be too cautious.

To clarify, you still can't see cars that aren't in the lane next to yours. :)

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: mugs
Give the guy a break. This is as bad as when someone mentions the race of a criminal - half the people call him a racist for mentioning the race. It WAS an SUV, if it was a car would you bitch at him for calling it a car and not using the more generic "automobile?"

thanks. finally some support from ATOT. i knew the ATOT collective would jump on me and start stoning me to death at the mere mention of something negative about SUVs cuz most of ATOT is in love with SUVs. but it WAS an SUV which made the situation even more dangerous and THATS why i mentioned it was a SUV

To clarify, you still can't see cars that aren't in the lane next to yours.

yea i probably shouldnt have sped up, but i really didnt want her in front of me and then brake all of a sudden and me run into her cuz i cant see past her car and anticipate the braking

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: The_good_guy
should have let her hit you..

would have forced her to pay up.

at 80 mph?! probably would have killed me and injured many others behind me. money's no good if you arent alive