Rand Paul gets assaulted by his neighbor

imported_bman

Jul 29, 2007
How is using the police in opposition to his ideology of a small government? A police force would be a vital part of any small government. Libertarian ideology aims to maximize negative liberties and minimize or eliminate positive liberties. Such an ideology does not rule out the creation of courts, the police, or the military since. Those institutions are seen as the only (or some of the only) legitimate functions of government by many Libertarians. It is only when you move to more radical ideologies, such as anarchism or ancap, is the police seen as illegitimate.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
pretty much no details, article rambles about unrelated events.

*shrug*

At least Paul mows his own lawn, and wears hearing protection! seriously, i wear hearing protection when using power equipment

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli..._story.html?tid=pm_pop&utm_term=.dfb6662714e6

Weirdly enough, that's not the crazy thing.

The crazy thing is that a self-proclaimed Libertarian is utilizing social services (aka the police), which is in opposition of his ideology for a small government. Guess he's not a real Libertarian then, ain't he?

Nah, libertarians believe in having law enforcement as a state monopoly. Though I do think that's a more complicated issue than they acknowledge.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Just another example of an unhinged, fucked up in the head, violent Democrat voter trying to assault and injure a Republican public servant. No shock, it happened at the baseball park, it happens all over. Leftist thugs.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...roken-ribs-after-attack-at-kentucky-home.html

Serious injuries.

Have any thing to prove that he was a democrat? By percentage anesthesiologists are 65% Republican. The 2nd highest next to surgeons.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/...ur-psychiatrist-probably-a-democrat.html?_r=0

Jul 9, 2009
Have any thing to prove that he was a democrat? By percentage anesthesiologists are 65% Republican. The 2nd highest next to surgeons.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/...ur-psychiatrist-probably-a-democrat.html?_r=0
It was in one of the stories I read, do you want me to search it out?
http://tennesseestar.com/2017/11/05...00-to-his-democratic-senate-opponent-in-2010/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/04/sen-rand-paul-assaulted-in-kentucky-home.html
"Voting records from the Kentucky State Board of Election list Boucher as a registered Democrat, the Daily Caller reported. A person with his name also works as an anesthesiologist in Bowling Green."

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
5 broken ribs, with displaced fractures. Two bruised lungs. Seems like the guy had almost beaten the Senator to death. Surprised he stopped.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Jan 25, 2011
Damn. I've been dealing with a few broken ribs for a month now. Can't imagine the pain he is in with all that. This has been brutal to deal with!

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
This is the kind of stuff I was talking about in the baseball field shooting thread earlier this year. People are losing their representation. I'm in Kentucky. I have friends that have *tried* to reach out to Rand on the ACA repeal. He was entirely AWOL. His offices were locked. Fax machines weren't answering anything. Phones would go unanswered. He was dodging everything. This is what happens. It won't be the last. Desperation brings out the worst in people.

Jul 9, 2009
5 broken ribs, with displaced fractures. Two bruised lungs. Seems like the guy had almost beaten the Senator to death. Surprised he stopped.
Sen. Paul was mowing his yard and had ear plugs in, the thug rushed him from behind and tackled him knocking the Senator into his mower. No idea why the guy stopped. At least the thug is looking at a 10 year sentence now.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Sen. Paul was mowing his yard and had ear plugs in, the thug rushed him from behind and tackled him knocking the Senator into his mower. No idea why the guy stopped. At least the thug is looking at a 10 year sentence now.

I suppose a single blow / impact could have caused the injuries. Maybe the Senator survived because it was not a sustained assault. He was clearly at the assailant's mercy after the initial crushing blow / injuries.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Apparently the senator is not universally respected in his neighborhood. Next time he'll hire a teenager to mow his lawn. The POTUS did the same recently (it was a publicity stunt, in answer to a letter from a kid), although I'm sure you'll never see the orange one doing manual labor of any kind.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
How is using the police in opposition to his ideology of a small government? A police force would be a vital part of any small government. Libertarian ideology aims to maximize negative liberties and minimize or eliminate positive liberties. Such an ideology does not rule out the creation of courts, the police, or the military since. Those institutions are seen as the only (or some of the only) legitimate functions of government by many Libertarians. It is only when you move to more radical ideologies, such as anarchism or ancap, is the police seen as illegitimate.

I'm sure the OP confuses Libertarian with Anarchy.

Reactions: OutHouse
Jul 9, 2009
Apparently the senator is not universally respected in his neighborhood. Next time he'll hire a teenager to mow his lawn. The POTUS did the same recently (it was a publicity stunt, in answer to a letter from a kid), although I'm sure you'll never see the orange one doing manual labor of any kind.
This justifies the assault and serious injuries the Senator received at the hands of a thug, he's not "universally respected in his neighborhood". Tell me, what would your odds be next time you take a stroll?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Gee I wonder what our resident righties would have thought had the guy used a legally purchased gun instead. How conflicted they would feel, a white guy exercising his 2nd amendment rights and watering the tree of liberty...but he's a Democrat!

I'm guessing heads would explode!

Feb 4, 2009
While I'm happy Rand is alright, I do have to say he is Low T because

Wearing ear protection working in the yard
Having a 60+ year old beat the crap out of you

Paul deserves shame since he never does anything to prevent shame against his opponents