R.a.t. 7

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
This probably belongs in the peripherals section, but it has everything to do with gaming.

I'm holding in my hand the most phenomenal gaming mouse I've ever used.

http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm

It was $99 + shipping (I got it directly from the company). Expensive, yes, but worth every penny.

Absolutely everything about the mouse is surprisingly customizable. The precision/sniping button alone is worth the price; my MW2 headshots have gone up dramatically. It almost feels like I'm cheating.

Anyone using this?

Moved from PC Gaming

Anandtech PC Gaming Moderator
KeithTalent

Last edited by a moderator:

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
I'm pretty sure this is a repost from a couple months back... at least I remember seeing it a couple months ago, but I thought it was posted here too.

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
I'm pretty sure this is a repost from a couple months back... at least I remember seeing it a couple months ago, but I thought it was posted here too.

Hmm... I did a search for it before I posted, and couldn't find anything.

Well, it's a killer mouse, if anyone's interested.

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
My $10 logitech mouse I got from Walmart does everything I need it to do.

OK.

Thanks to everyone who shared about their favorite mice.

Others, who feel adventurous, I advise giving the r.a.t.7 a chance.

PuppettMaster001

Golden Member
May 11, 2002
OK.

Thanks to everyone who shared about their favorite mice.

Others, who feel adventurous, I advise giving the r.a.t.7 a chance.

I am thinking about it. My birthday is coming up and I need a new keyboard and mouse. It definitely looks interesting.

CurseTheSky

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 2006
It looks really cool. Normally I hate when companies deviate greatly from traditional designs, but this one really looks like something. Unfortunately it also looks very uncomfortable. :(

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
It looks really cool. Normally I hate when companies deviate greatly from traditional designs, but this one really looks like something. Unfortunately it also looks very uncomfortable. :(

It does look uncomfortable...

But this is the most comfortable mouse I've ever used. It's totally adjusted to my hand, using the tool that's hooked in the back. The thumb button palate comes out, and it's adjustable forward and backward. There are 3 different palm rests to choose from, and 3 different pinky palates; including one that you can actually rest your pinky on.

Everything is solid, and there's a metal base. Also a thumb wheel which works perfectly.

And the precision aiming.... omfg. That was worth the price right there. You hold down the red button near your thumb, and your sensitivity drops to 50%... or 35%, or whatever you like. You can set it to any level. I've got mine set at 30%.

I've never used a mouse quite like this; it's expertly designed.

I'd recommend reading the reviews.

DefDC

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2003
Read about this in Maximum PC. Looks awesome. My MX Rev died and they replaced it with a Performance, which I also love, but I'm always open to better mousing!

I hope Frys or a local shop puts one on display. I'd love to play with one....

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Yeah, those saying it looks uncomfortable don't get it.
You make it comfortable. And your hand isn't always touching all parts of the mouse, so it doesn't need to have a continuous smooth surface.

busydude

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2010
They must a put a lot of thought in designing this.

Looks like a masterpiece.

zagood

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
I've been a logitech fan, but not really happy with the G500, so...here's the dealbreaker...

What's the scroll wheel like? Can you select between click and free?

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
I've been a logitech fan, but not really happy with the G500, so...here's the dealbreaker...

What's the scroll wheel like? Can you select between click and free?

The scroll wheel (which is metal, and very solid) clicks as you move it.