Quetion on Feiyu On Application (Gimbal)

creatip

Feb 5, 2018
Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is the right sub to post, but here goes.

So I bought a Feiyu SPG 2 smartphone gimbal, and installed the accompanying app, the Feiyu On app. I don't have any problem with the gimbal per se, but the issue I'm having is with the app itself.

I'm using Xiaomi Mi Max 2, Android 7.1.1 (no official update from Xiaomi as of yet). With the native camera app, I can shoot 3840x2160px pictures. But with the Feiyu On app, I can only shoot 1280x720px pictures. So that's a big size drop. I'm using the previous version of Feiyu On app (the one before the latest). With the latest version, it got worse, I could only shoot at 640px, so I downgraded to the version before. Searched the settings to find where to set the image size, no luck.

So far, I'm using the phone's native camera app, to get higher quality pictures, but then I'm losing the special features of the Feiyu On app, such as auto panorama, auto tracking, etc.

In short, I wanna use the Feiyu On app, but with the native camera resolution of 3840x2160px.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

luv2liv

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
no such thing. these gimbal companies dont care about Android app.
so just use the gimbal along with your native phone's cam app.
if you really want to use the Feiyu app along with your Feiyu gimbal, try an iphone.

creatip

Feb 5, 2018
no such thing. these gimbal companies dont care about Android app.
so just use the gimbal along with your native phone's cam app.
if you really want to use the Feiyu app along with your Feiyu gimbal, try an iphone.

Hi, thank you for answering.

A little flashback, before I posted the question above in this forum, I browsed the Feiyu On page on Google play. It was filled with 1 stars, from people who were not happy with the app, like me.

Today (just about an hour ago), I went back to the page to see if there were any official replies from the company. Turned out, it got a new update, with upload date of 19 June 2019, which was just yesterday. I thought what the heck, I'll give it a go. Pleasant surprise, they actually fixed it. Now it got the setting for the image size, with the largest size the same with what the native camera's picture size. Everything else seemed good, but I just played with it for a few minutes, haven't taken it for a field test yet. I'll still be using it in tandem with the native camera app, as it lacks some features, like HDR and manual settings mode.

Maybe Feiyu users just got lucky this time. Maybe they hired a new software house to cook the new update (in other words, the previous software house sucks big time, lol)