Question: Will the Right Wing ever tire of their Media?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Question: Will the Right Wing ever tire of their Media?

• Yes.

• No.

• Maybe.

• Could you repeat the question?

Results are only viewable after voting.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Matt1970

Sorry you can't see the truth. Have you never noticed the lies? They are quite frequent and mostly transparent with even modest knowledge current events. Have you ever watched "liberal" media and seen them offer corrections?

If I could get a dollar for every lie from the rightwing media and lose a dollar for every lie from the liberal media, I could be wealthy in short order.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Cool, I'm 100%!

No, because the non-right wing media are the ones who devote an entire media day to pushing Obamacare without dissenters even being allowed to BUY time. The ones who give us quotes by the "public advocacy Brookings Institute" and the "right wing think tank Heritage Foundation".

When the left took over the media in the sixties, it forced those not on the left to either look elsewhere or accept the viewpoint of the progressives coloring every piece of news they are fed. You guys may be livid that Fox News is being mean to ABC/CBS/CNN/MSNBC/NBC/NPR/PBS and virtually every newspaper, but you guys created Fox News when you decided the point of journalism was to change the world to your liking.

By time, do you mean debating for a full year after 100 years of inaction?

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
On the Health care point of your post you are very very wrong. The left simply sees the health care issue as falling under a common interest of the entire population much like the national defense in the form of a standing military does.

Just like how a strong national defense in the form of a competent volunteer military strengthens the nation so too would a health care system in which everyone pays into.

It would help lessen cases of bankruptcies due to the inability to pay for coverage or having to pay out of pocket because you couldn't afford insurance companies with no reins on their profit motive.

It would help reduce the death rate from conditions that weren't treated before they became serious enough that people without coverage can finally get into the emergency room. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" as the quote goes.

If as many people as possible were covered then many conditions could be diagnosed and treated while they were easier and cheaper to manage instead of an uninsured person having to wait until it was too late for non-emergency care.

Practically every other developed country has a national health care system and almost none of them have bankruptcies that stem from a person going into debt to pay for their health care.

What people in this country who are staunchly against a national health care system overlook is that a healthy populace benefits the country as a whole (in different ways) just like a strong military does.

I would've supported a single payer nationalized health care system more than the piece of shit Obama passed.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The correlation between how species become extinct and how the Repubs are in the process of purging their party of reasonable moderates and realists is striking.

It seems they have thrown themselves into a flushing urinal whose valve handle is being held open by these very folks who are being sucked down the hole.

The few Repub friends who I work with seem more desperate in their political commentary and appear to be listening to conservative talk radio more than ever. They are getting louder, more persistent in espousing their ideological beliefs and are somewhat irrational in their behavior, and, irritatingly so, they've been attempting to interject diatribes against the Dems in any conversation they can, no matter what the topic of discussion is.

I'm just wondering if this is a localized happenstance, or if it's more widespread than I know of?

Whats really amusing is that one the one hand, they admit how..... how "eccentric" some of the conservative talking heads they listen to are, yet on the other hand they talk about the stuff they hear from these sources as if every thing these commentators say are a matter of fact, of which 90% are conspiratorial in nature.

The latest: "Obama is out to destroy the Republican Party". "The Dems are to blame for the ever increasing cost of health care". "Obama wants us to go over the cliff just to smear Boehner and McConnell".

Last edited:

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I would've supported a single payer nationalized health care system more than the piece of shit Obama passed.

It may be a POS compared to what other developed nations have and President Obama handled the initial negotiations badly (he wrongly assumed that Republicans would deal in good faith...).

However, it's a start. A start is better than what we had.
If Governor Romney was elected we'd be in a much worse place in that regard.
I too would like a National Healthcare System that made the insurance companies nonprofits.

However, given citizens united and the ability of insurance companies ability to spend billions... any progress shouldn't be spat upon.

Apr 27, 2012
It may be a POS compared to what other developed nations have and President Obama handled the initial negotiations badly (he wrongly assumed that Republicans would deal in good faith...).

I too would like a National Healthcare System that made the insurance companies nonprofits.

However, given citizens united and the ability of insurance companies ability to spend billions... any progress shouldn't be spat upon.

Yeah, that should turn out well for the US. How about if you dont like the system then move somewhere that is more suitable?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Yeah, that should turn out well for the US. How about if you dont like the system then move somewhere that is more suitable?

Think long and hard on this: The very rich in de facto runs this country through corrupting our politicians and owning those media in which to propagandize their wishes on those voters who keep those corrupted politicians in office. They mostly reside in the GOP, where, more than anything else, they rely on party loyalty and selling snake oil to keep things running the way they like.

This is a form of minority rule. You are enabling this form of plutocratic governance by supporting this corrupted form of government that we now exist in, of which the corporate and very rich elite managers of the Republican Party who own and operate it seek to remain in perpetuity.

If you are a member of the working, wage earning middle class/poor, you are a part of the vast majority that, in our specific form of government, should be running things that mostly benefit you, when in fact, it's entirely not that way.

So I ask you, why in heaven would you ask the majority of this nation to leave when they can just take it back and restore majority rule as it was always meant to be?

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2012
Think long and hard on this: The very rich in de facto runs this country through corrupting our politicians and owning those media in which to propagandize their wishes on those voters who keep those corrupted politicians in office. They mostly reside in the GOP, where, more than anything else, they rely on party loyalty and selling snake oil to keep things running the way they like.

This is a form of minority rule. You are enabling this form of plutocratic governance by supporting this corrupted form of government that we now exist in, of which the corporate and very rich elite managers of the Republican Party who own and operate it seek to remain in perpetuity.

If you are a member of the working, wage earning middle class/poor, you are a part of the vast majority that, in our specific form of government, should be running things that mostly benefit you, when in fact, it's entirely not that way.

So I ask you, why in heaven would you ask the majority of this nation to leave when they can just take it back and restore majority rule as it was always meant to be?

There are lots of rich people and corporations that own the democrats as well. Apparently you haven't heard of the MIC, backed by both

This is why we need Ron Paul

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

You'll never be able to solve any problem as long as you think the solution is defeating the boggy man.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

I'm reminded of a Robert Heinlein quote: "Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig." The same can be said about reasoning with mindless sock puppets.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
The entire right left discussion is only relevant when it comes to idealogical discussions. For government and politics they are two heads of the same snake.

The real delusion is thinking your side is different than the other.

All major media is biased, it's message is individually tuned to the audience they are trying to reach.

The sooner people turn off the fucking TV and stop using it as a source for information the better.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I'm reminded of a Robert Heinlein quote: "Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig." The same can be said about reasoning with mindless sock puppets.

LOL, good one. With your blessing, I will place it in my back pocket and keep it in mind and keep it handy.:thumbsup:

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Oh, my. So much partisan fail all wrapped into a big ball of talking points. Where to begin?
You claim that the right believes that our own mediocre lot in life is someone else's fault,
It's not so much a "claim" as an empirical observation. Simply look at typical right wing chatter. High taxes are the reason they're not rich; it has nothing to do with their own mediocrity and poor choices. Their blissful ignorance has been threatened by the "liberal" media, not by reality, science, and other inconvenient facts. Their prosperous, white bread, Father Knows Best 50's utopia has been destroyed by blacks, Mexicans, single moms, intellectuals, and unions, not because they sat in front of their TVs swilling beer while the wealthy elite they worship outsourced America's good middle class jobs and our manufacturing core.

Their marriages have been destroyed by gays, their government by welfare queens (but only poor queens, not the rich queens and companies that bribe their way to the government trough), and their religion by atheists (War! On! Christmas! Booyah!!!!!). And oh my God, the libruls! Those damned libruls! are responsible for all of the above, and everything else that's wrong in their world. It's never their own failures, they are victims. Woe is us.

Lulz!

yet it is always the left demanding that someone else pay for its health care, day care, college, birth control, yada yada yada.
Two points. First, it seems to me the left is more focused on ensuring others have ready access to those things rather than themselves, though certainly the two sets intersect somewhat. Second, explain how this is different from the right demanding that someone else pay for their military and their wars (including their War on Terror bogeyman), and of course, "you keep your filthy government hands off my Social Security"? People on both ends of spectrum love government spending ... as long as it's on their pet sinkholes.

It is always the left complaining that "the man" is holding them down, that big corporations are unfairly victimizing them, that racism and sexism and ageism and idiotism combine to prevent them from getting a fair shot, that success is merely who you know and what station to which you are born. It is always the left complaining that no one deserves what CXOs make and that they are therefore entitled to it.
Wow. That's quite a jumbled mish-mash of straw men, overstatements, and general nonsense. There are also parts that are unarguably true. There is ample statistical evidence that corporations (meaning their majority owners and top executives) have gained substantial wealth due to increased worker productivity while passing essentially none of those gains to their workers. Only the most fawning corporate shills will insist that American CxOs deserve to be paid so dramatically more than their peers in other 1st world countries. And, are you really so naive that you don't think personal connections pay a significant role in one's success? If so, you are a perfect example of the brainwashed drones the elite use to keep the system tilted to their fortune.

It is always the left claiming it is entitled. Always.
Irony. It is the right who "always" insist they are entitled to all of the fabulous benefits of living and succeeding in America while not having to pay for it. They have become the poster children for self-entitled greed and social irresponsibility.

Undeniably.
That word obviously does not mean what you think it means.

Get 'em clue, Kee-Mo Sah-Bee.
Sage advice. You should try it sometime.

Last edited:

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Yet many feel the exact same way about you/your biased posts.

Sock puppets feel what their masters tell them to feel. That is hardly my problem. When you can present cogent arguments backed by valid data and sound reasoning, you will find I give them due consideration. When all you do is parrot talking points fed to you by the RNC, you will receive the mockery and disdain you so richly deserve.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Where does one find these "talking points" so often mentioned here?

Edit: I'd like to get them from both party's.

Last edited:

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005

It was an industry giveaway and proof Obama is no different than anyone else over the last 50 years. It should be spat on, it should enrage Americans that this was the best our dysfunctional government could come up with.

I paid these fuckers over 50k directly in tax last year alone and they spend it to prop up industry and more corporate welfare.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It was an industry giveaway and proof Obama is no different than anyone else over the last 50 years. It should be spat on, it should enrage Americans that this was the best our dysfunctional government could come up with.

I paid these fuckers over 50k directly in tax last year alone and they spend it to prop up industry and more corporate welfare.

How I feel about it too. I'm not a social program fan, in general, but no one with a functioning brain should be a fan of this turd.

It's like the kid in HS who can't afford a real sports car so he buys a Civic and puts a fart can on it.

"It's all I could get!" it's still a piece of shit, kid.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Over and over, they've been deceived; lied to... Yet some cling onto the message...

No, because the rest is dishonest left wing propaganda. Just look at the recent push by the left wing media for gun control.

Besides being biased, the left wing media are complete idiots. Listen to them talk about guns, it's really obvious how clueless and ignorant they all are.

Or how about the media using a picture of Treyvon Martin when he was 12? It's pure propaganda designed to brainwash ignorant people.

Even worse, look how the left wing media gets their ignorant followers to bash Fox. You starting this thread, just proves how they've brainwashed you.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
How I feel about it too. I'm not a social program fan, in general, but no one with a functioning brain should be a fan of this turd.

It's like the kid in HS who can't afford a real sports car so he buys a Civic and puts a fart can on it.

"It's all I could get!" it's still a piece of shit, kid.

I am all for real social safety nets, issue is most see welfare as an institutional issue keeping poor people down, the reality is its keeps big business profits up.

who benefits from welfare? the recipient benefits but also the economy and corporatist who would have to foot the bill with higher wages and more benefits.

But no they shift the burden to the government and the tax payer. who by majority do not have the resources available to mitigate their tax burden like corporations.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The election was a close split. Why didnt the republicans lose the house. Without that, there is no democratic mandate.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
The election was a close split. Why didnt the republicans lose the house. Without that, there is no democratic mandate.
"Why didnt the republicans lose the house."

gerrymandering, democrats actually got more votes than republicans.