Question: Will the Right Wing ever tire of their Media?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

• Yes.

• No.

• Maybe.

• Could you repeat the question?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 27, 2012
No, because the rest is dishonest left wing propaganda. Just look at the recent push by the left wing media for gun control.

Besides being biased, the left wing media are complete idiots. Listen to them talk about guns, it's really obvious how clueless and ignorant they all are.

Or how about the media using a picture of Treyvon Martin when he was 12? It's pure propaganda designed to brainwash ignorant people.

Even worse, look how the left wing media gets their ignorant followers to bash Fox. You starting this thread, just proves how they've brainwashed you.

This especially, the guy is beyond brainwashed

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Yeah, that should turn out well for the US. How about if you dont like the system then move somewhere that is more suitable?

It's likely that it would turn out well but you're so biased that you can't see that.

You move first how about that? No? I thought not.

Apr 27, 2012
It's likely that it would turn out well but you're so biased that you can't see that.

You move first how about that? No? I thought not.

I wont move because in small government and freedom which the US was built upon, morons of big government are changing the way things are done and it doesn't even work

Oct 16, 1999
Looks like we have an answer.

In a fitting coda to 2012, we’ve learned that the ratings for rock-ribbed conservative Sean Hannity cratered after Barack Obama won his second term, with viewers tuning out the Fox News Channel talk-show host in droves.

According to Nielsen numbers, Hannity lost around half of his audience in the weeks after the election, while his Fox News colleague Bill O’Reilly — who steadfastly refuses to identify himself politically as a conservative — retained around 70% of his audience.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ity-big-loser-2012-election-article-1.1228269

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I wont move because in small government and freedom which the US was built upon, morons of big government are changing the way things are done and it doesn't even work

Your dumb answer ignores the fact that Big Corporate interests are buying out politicians thanks to Citizens United and you ignore the fact that Big Corporate Interests are doing as much if not more to curtail your freedoms as "Big government."

If you're so against Big Government why not reduce spending on one of it's biggest expenditures in addition to "entitlements"?

Apr 27, 2012
Your dumb answer ignores the fact that Big Corporate interests are buying out politicians thanks to Citizens United and you ignore the fact that Big Corporate Interests are doing as much if not more to curtail your freedoms as "Big government."

If you're so against Big Government why not reduce spending on one of it's biggest expenditures in addition to "entitlements"?

Its because of big government that we have this corruption though which you conveniently ignore, nice try though, you actually thought you were right :D

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Its because of big government that we have this corruption though which you conveniently ignore, nice try though, you actually thought you were right :D

and the GOP want small government?? Pass me that blunt you're smoking

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Over and over, they've been deceived; lied to... Yet some cling onto the message...

Apparently the answer is yes

1-1-2013

http://www.inquisitr.com/464388/sean...fter-election/

Sean Hannity Ratings Plummet, Loses Half His Viewers After Election

Sean Hannity’s ratings have plummeted after the 2012 election, as the conservative television host saw his audience dwindle after GOP challenger Mitt Romney failed to unseat President Obama.

Hannity saw his audience fall by about 50 percent after the election ended.

Among the important demographic of viewers aged 25-54, Sean Hannity’s ratings were even worse. More than half of what is known as the “money demo” stopped watching.

Many believe that Sean Hannity’s ratings suffered as a result of his failed rhetoric.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Apparently the answer is yes

1-1-2013

http://www.inquisitr.com/464388/sean...fter-election/

Sean Hannity Ratings Plummet, Loses Half His Viewers After Election

Sean Hannity’s ratings have plummeted after the 2012 election, as the conservative television host saw his audience dwindle after GOP challenger Mitt Romney failed to unseat President Obama.

Hannity saw his audience fall by about 50 percent after the election ended.

Among the important demographic of viewers aged 25-54, Sean Hannity’s ratings were even worse. More than half of what is known as the “money demo” stopped watching.

Many believe that Sean Hannity’s ratings suffered as a result of his failed rhetoric.

He still has more followers than you do. How's the drive for 5 going?

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
and the GOP want small government?? Pass me that blunt you're smoking
That's a good example of the self-deception of the right, reinforced by the conservative media. Bush 43 oversaw a huge expansion of the federal government, the biggest ever according to reports I've read. In contrast, government has shrunk under Obama. Yet thanks in great part to propaganda mills like Fox, most righties believe the exact opposite.

It's a similar story with their patron saint, Ronald Reagan. They worship at his feet as a great "conservative", yet (as a percentage of GDP) he was the biggest spender post-WWII and exploded the federal debt. His record spending wasn't matched until the last year of Bush 43's term, with all of the money spent on bailouts piled on top of continuing war costs finally pushed past Reagan's lavish spending. Of course the righties will never hear such inconvenient information from Fox.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Its because of big government that we have this corruption though which you conveniently ignore, nice try though, you actually thought you were righ

You actually think that you can ignore the way that big business has had an opportunity to accelerate its influence over the government since the Citizen's United decision which the Justices who side with the "big government bad!" people.

Big business has been helping to corrupt government for a while though. President Eisenhower warned us how it could happen. Now we have a military that's larger than at least the next 6 largest combined.

If you want to talk about big government and ignore the pervasive influence of big business on it you're being willfully ignorant. And you think everyone else wants to be ignorant as well.... :rolleyes:

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
I personally find the media to be very biased the more I listen to it.

I have been listening to NPR for a while now and I am finally starting to tune them out. It just feels like their present these stories that often have nothing to do with reality. It is just intellectual BS. In contrast, the so-called right wing radio talk show hosts are talking about what is actually happening right now, rather than ideas.

I was listening to NPR this morning and like usual, they had a group of very seasoned intellectuals talking about the fiscal cliff among other issues. These guests seemed to have all the answers. They know, for instance, that cutting programs is NOT the only way to go about dealing with the deficit. They also were determined to point out that spending has to be maintained in order to prevent economic downfall. Now this was supposed to be NPR, a supposed radio station with a broad spectrum ways of looking at issues. Unfortunately, there is much more uniformity in how they present their shows than anything else.

At least with the so-called conservative radio talk show hosts, you know where they are coming from, even if they are pandering to their audience. NPR and the other supposedly neutral media outlets play the same game, though much more deceptively.

Last edited:

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
You actually think that you can ignore the way that big business has had an opportunity to accelerate its influence over the government since the Citizen's United decision which the Justices who side with the "big government bad!" people.

Big business has been helping to corrupt government for a while though. President Eisenhower warned us how it could happen. Now we have a military that's larger than at least the next 6 largest combined.

If you want to talk about big government and ignore the pervasive influence of big business on it you're being willfully ignorant. And you think everyone else wants to be ignorant as well.... :rolleyes:
Indeed. Citizens United may have broken the damn, but the floodgates have been wide open for years.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
The problem is that the right has moved SOOOO far to the right that they now perceive unbiased media as left-wing. So this horribly biased right-wing media to them is average. Hell, even stuff that is only slightly biased to the right they view as the "librul media". They say you can't idiot proof anything because the universe will always create a better idiot. Well, the conservative American culture has created the better idiot. It's called the Tea Party and they control the far right message, which is a cancer that creates more and more idiots.

This

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
Indeed. Citizens United may have broken the damn, but the floodgates have been wide open for years.

We have to stop thinking about big businesses influence in government and start accepting big business is government.

they fund the election cycles, lobby, create policy to their benefit and have been doing it for decades.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
We have to stop thinking about big businesses influence in government and start accepting big business is government.

they fund the election cycles, lobby, create policy to their benefit and have been doing it for decades.
Sad, but true. I do believe capitalism is the best system we know of, but it also carries substantial dangers to society if allowed to run amok. There has to be a healthy balance between the best interests of the capitalists and the best interests of the people. Unfortunately, we have been badly unbalanced for several decades.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2012
I personally find the media to be very biased the more I listen to it.

I have been listening to NPR for a while now and I am finally starting to tune them out. It just feels like their present these stories that often have nothing to do with reality. It is just intellectual BS. In contrast, the so-called right wing radio talk show hosts are talking about what is actually happening right now, rather than ideas.

I was listening to NPR this morning and like usual, they had a group of very seasoned intellectuals talking about the fiscal cliff among other issues. These guests seemed to have all the answers. They know, for instance, that cutting programs is NOT the only way to go about dealing with the deficit. They also were determined to point out that spending has to be maintained in order to prevent economic downfall. Now this was supposed to be NPR, a supposed radio station with a broad spectrum ways of looking at issues. Unfortunately, there is much more uniformity in how they present their shows than anything else.

At least with the so-called conservative radio talk show hosts, you know where they are coming from, even if they are pandering to their audience. NPR and the other supposedly neutral media outlets play the same game, though much more deceptively.

All of the media is biased and its pathetic how we have idiots on this forum who trust them and pretty much parrot their talking points.