Question for Hillary supporters

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Lets be serious here, you know just as well as I do that Bush has lied repeatedly to the American people while in office. Every president lies to the American people. I understand why they do it, but it's all of our duties to call them out on it when they do. So don't whitewash Bush's lying... it just encourages his successor to do more of the same. He needs to get held over the fire for it so that whoever comes next thinks twice before doing it.

:roll:

Here's a new idea...let's discuss Hillary, the topic at hand!

As usual, you're off on a BDS-fueled tangent. :roll:

Hey dumbass a few points for you:

1.) I didn't bring up Bush, Robor did.
2.) The discussion about lying to people was in the context of the conduct of the Clinton administration and is directly relevant to Hillary and how she would be the same/different from the current administration.
3.) I didn't even single out Bush for criticism in the paragraph you quoted. I said it was a condition of the office.

So in light of this, how about you try a little reading comprehension before you type the next one of your "Hurrrr hurrr BDS" posts.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
I agree with you that Bush, like every Presidnet, has said something that will qualify as 'lies.'

But the quotes and lies you posted are not the ones used by the far left in their 'impeach Bush' rants.

BTW I don't agree with you on the Valerie Plame thing. It is very possible that Bush did not know what was going on in that mess till later on.

On the wiretap thing: I have no idea what he was thinking. I am guessing that in his view the fact that wiretaps are suppose to go through the court makes them authorized.

I know what he was thinking, it was that his program was a secret and that there were substantial doubts as to its legality. So... he lied to avoid both giving (in his mind) the terrorists an advantage, and to avoid political and legal trouble at home. There's no way that wasn't a deliberate lie on his part considering how much debate, etc had gone on about it within his administration. I'm not saying I don't understand his reasoning, but then again I understand why Clinton lied too. It doesn't make it right.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Lets be serious here, you know just as well as I do that Bush has lied repeatedly to the American people while in office. Every president lies to the American people. I understand why they do it, but it's all of our duties to call them out on it when they do. So don't whitewash Bush's lying... it just encourages his successor to do more of the same. He needs to get held over the fire for it so that whoever comes next thinks twice before doing it.

:roll:

Here's a new idea...let's discuss Hillary, the topic at hand!

As usual, you're off on a BDS-fueled tangent. :roll:
Compared to your CDS-fueled tangents?:roll: