Question about Pan's Labyrinth.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: yosuke188
SPOILER WARNING: the girl dies.
Not much of a spoiler -- the first image you see is her lying on the ground, bloodied. Then they make it obvious that this is a future event, so what do you expect?

EDIT: I liked it, but only mildly. I don't really see why all the reviewers seem to be so head-over-heels for it. Also, I found the subtitles slightly irritating -- I don't mind them in movies where there's not a lot to see, but it's frustrating when a film with great visual effects and scenery distracts you with written dialog so you aren't as able to enjoy the view. Of course, I was sitting pretty close; I probably wouldn't have minded as much from the back row.

markgm

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2001
It was a good movie, nothing that I was expecting, and nothing like anything I've seen before.

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
spanish w/ eng subs...
almost the worst movie i've ever seen. I wouldnt pay the 7 bucks to go see it, totally not worth it. I cant understand why it got such good ratings...friggin stupid movie...and this is coming from someone who likes fantasies...

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Maleficus
Mediocre movie at best, the gothic fairy tale part has absolutely nothing to do with the other part of the movie, it's incoherent and random at best.

QFT

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Originally posted by: yosuke188
SPOILER WARNING: I like to suck big cock.

why would you post that on the internet? keep your private life to yourself.

eleison

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
Originally posted by: djheater
Mediocre movie at best, the gothic fairy tale part has absolutely nothing to do with the other part of the movie, it's incoherent and random at best.

Have you ever considered the possibility that you're just not sophisticated enough to grasp the intricacy of the story?

It wasn't that challenging a film either.

'wasn't that challenging of a film'. It was dirt simple. No it's not even possible that i couldn't grasp the 'intricacy' of the film, it had no intricacies.

yea, my friend liked it, but I too thought it was silly. The ending was cliche -- saw it coming from a mile away. The characters were caricatures. There were no real substance to the film.

I guess the only good thing were the costumes and the special effects...