[Q] Would you date a blind chick?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: tfinch2
i once hit on a HOT girl with the best body i had ever seen. little did i know she had a fake arm and hid it well. my friends rode me for months about it. if her personality matched her looks would have hit it...seriously :p
Can you say cockblocked!?

qaa541

Jun 25, 2004
My girlfriend went through a really bad car accident back in February a month after we got together and she lost her left leg from the knee down. I continued dating her (and visiting her at the hospital 3 times a week) and in fact we both got closer to each other than ever before. I don't regret staying with her one bit. Superficially, I don't really care about her missing limb because her personality hadn't changed (and that was what made me like her in the first place). We ended up going to Sea World (and she walked the entire time) the weekend after she got her prosthetic (which also wasnt long after she was released from the hospital).

We spend time pretty much like nothing changed. She walks a little slower, but that's good for me since I walk kinda slow anyway hehe. We still go to Disneyland on a weekly basis, San Diego about every month, and we still hit the metal concerts like nothing changed.

Only difference between before and after was that now I have to massage her stump, but that's a small price to pay to keep her life as close to normal as possible. She is also even more loyal and loving to me than ever before. She is simply a great person worth keeping no matter what.

My friends and family accepted her very well and she feels comfortable around them.

Almost a year later, we are still going strong. :)

Picture of Us together (with leg)

RaiderJ

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: qaa541
My girlfriend went through a really bad car accident back in February a month after we got together and she lost her left leg from the knee down. I continued dating her (and visiting her at the hospital 3 times a week) and in fact we both got closer to each other than ever before. I don't regret staying with her one bit. Superficially, I don't really care about her missing limb because her personality hadn't changed (and that was what made me like her in the first place). We ended up going to Sea World (and she walked the entire time) the weekend after she got her prosthetic (which also wasnt long after she was released from the hospital).

We spend time pretty much like nothing changed. She walks a little slower, but that's good for me since I walk kinda slow anyway hehe. We still go to Disneyland on a weekly basis, San Diego about every month, and we still hit the metal concerts like nothing changed.

Only difference between before and after was that now I have to massage her stump, but that's a small price to pay to keep her life as close to normal as possible. She is also even more loyal and loving to me than ever before. She is simply a great person worth keeping no matter what.

My friends and family accepted her very well and she feels comfortable around them.

Someone just HAD to get all serious!

J/K - Props to the both of you!

dethman

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999

:thumbsup:

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I dated a deaf chick for about a year, it was a challenge @ first, then it just got old:(

She was great in the sack, but even the simplest stuff got real complicated because of her disability...

Psycho18

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 2001

Props for you man! :thumbsup:

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Hmm, I dunno about blind. Though I was helping this deaf girl the other day at work, she read lips extremely well, and she was very nice, and very funny, and very cute. I'dve dated her.

Kibbo

Platinum Member
Jul 13, 2004
Probably, but it would be hard to get over not seeing a movie even remotely the same way. I really like movies.

AFB

Lifer
Jan 10, 2004
Originally posted by: midnightrat
Originally posted by: Megatomic
Sure (if I was single). Having a disability doesn't make anyone less human.

Unless the disability they have is being ignorant or racist...

:thumbsup:

etalns

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2001
Originally posted by: midnightrat
Originally posted by: Megatomic
Sure (if I was single). Having a disability doesn't make anyone less human.

Unless the disability they have is being ignorant or racist...

Which seems to be rather prevalent to the posters in this thread.

MithShrike

Diamond Member
May 5, 2002
Yes I would date a blind chick. When I was younger one of my mom's friends was blind and she would babysit my sister and I. A very capable woman. Anyway, I don't see being blind so much of a disability or a detriment for a woman because we could still talk.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: mobobuff
Hmm, I dunno about blind. Though I was helping this deaf girl the other day at work, she read lips extremely well, and she was very nice, and very funny, and very cute. I'dve dated her.
"How about six? Is six good?"

isasir

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Am I the only one that finds it interesting that based on responses here and what I've read in my years on Anandtech, that people here would rather date a blind girl as opposed to a fat girl?