amol

Lifer
Jul 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Master Chief
Originally posted by: Amol
neither

Why is that, is their a better hand held unit then these two?

first of all, it's "there"

second of all, i wouldn't get either since i wouldn't be able to find the time to game on the move. i'd rather socialize with others.

frankgomez75

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2004

Nintendo:
Plays games

PSP:
Plays Games
Plays Video on UMD
Plays Video (MPEG4) from the Memory Stick
View Pictures from Memory Stick
PSP versions 1.0 and 1.5 can run NES, SNES emulators with hacks off the memory stick
PSP version 1.0 can be hacked to browse the web

I have a PSP version 1.5
I record shows with my HTPC and transfer them to my PSP memory stick to watch later.
I also went the other day to Gamestop and got 3 PSP games for $75
They have a special if you buy 2 used games ($35 each) and got 1 FREE!
I bought Metal Gear Acid, Ridge Racer and NFL Street 2

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Actually It's my brothers PSP, he has always been a nintendo fan and loved the GBA/SP and bought the DS, he bought a PSP also and doesn't touch the DS anymore, not that he ever really did.

The PSP is easily the better of the devices though to answer the post seriously.

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
I just bought a PSP and I am amazed with the graphics on this thing. I picked up ridge racer and darkstalkers and the graphics look so good. I also own a nintendo ds and still find it very fun, I just wish nintendo would get off their asses and start releasing some good titles (Mario Kart DS & Metroid Prime Hunters)

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
ds looks cheap tacky and bloated and i'm not convinced games need two small screens.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
DS is for kids..
no features.. kiddie games and no expandibility

ill stick with the PSP...
ps I had a DS sold it for my PSP..

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
I will vote for neither also. If anything, just get a DS. It has good games and isnt a huge money pit like the PSP. Unless you have loads of cash to burn, then get the PSP.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
I have yet to actually see a PSP. I wasn't interested in a DS until I played it for a weekend. Then I found it to be an excellent idea that is well implemented. The PSP is too expensive, too fragile, and has too short of a battery life for me.

DS w/ game (Mario 64DS): $150
PSP w/ game (Ridge Racer)+memory stick (32MB): $290
Now, if you want to actually do that movie watching and all that, you have to drop another $100 for a memory stick or re-buy all your movies.

I'm not ready to have a fragile $400 device hanging around in my pockets yet.

kitkit201

Diamond Member
May 31, 2000
tomorrow (22nd), there will be a hack to play homebrew without the current memory stick swap trick.. (bomb)!! PSP +1000000!

frankgomez75

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2004
Originally posted by: kitkit201
tomorrow (22nd), there will be a hack to play homebrew without the current memory stick swap trick.. (bomb)!! PSP +1000000!

This hack is what I've been waiting for. I have a 1.5 PSP

I just downloaded it and now i can play:
PSP Games
Movies on UMD discs
Movies on Memory stick
NES Games
SNES Games
TurboGrafx 16 Games
Sega Games
Gameboy and Gameboy Color Games
Listen to MP3's
View Pictures