PSP or DS

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nightfall

Golden Member
Nov 16, 1999
Personally, I have both and like both.

The PSP was a lot more expensive. Especially since I have a couple 1GB cards to put movies on. However, the screen is beautiful and the games look totally awesome.

The Mario 64 DS is a boatload of fun though. I also like the construction of the DS though. I know it can survive a drop better than the PSP.

That said, the choice is simple.

Adult = PSP
Kid = DS
If you can afford both, get both. :)

Siva

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
I just got a DS and I am quite happy with it. I bought it for games, not movies, mp3s, or pictures. I don't want to spend $400 for a portable game system I'm going to use an hour at a time when I want to keep busy. The games are just more fun for the DS, the stupid little touch screen gimick turned out to be a blast, who would've thought. Not to say the PSP is bad, that screen is fing sweet and it makes me jealous that the DS's screens are so inferior. Still, I made my choice and I'm quite happy with it.

That and mario kart is gonna have free wifi gaming over the internet, no need to be in the same room with your friends, that's sweet.