PSA: Why you should avoid Motorola Phones.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
Do any of the other foreign smartphone companies offer phone repair services in the US for a fee?

Lifted

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2004
I get screen repairs done for iPhone 5, 5s, 6, and some different flavor of android phones on a regular basis. Never spent more than $120 or so, and it's usually around $85 (for the iPhone 5/5s).

Why not get the screen replaced at a shop that does these things instead of being frustrated that megacorp won't take your money to repair it?

Nov 3, 2004
I dunno they were really good to me and easy to deal with for an out of warranty screen repair for an original Moto X

ZGR

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2012
For clumsy people like me, I need a fat case on my phone to ensure I won't crack the screen when I drop it!

Skurge

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2009
Maybe not a big deal, but it builds good will. This is Namibia of all places and Samsung will replace the screen on any of their phones for you out of warranty or not (btw it's a 2yr warranty)

Apple, Samsung and HTC will replace screen for you on their older flagship phones. Why can't motorola?

Shops can sometimes be dodgy so it's perfectly reasonable to expect someone to want to get it done by a manufacturer.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
I don't think anyone is trying to say it's an unreasonable expectation.

However, the tone of the complaint doesn't match the problem.

podspi

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2011
Eh, yea not really a good reason to boycott a company.

It's hard to tell, because we're only getting one side of the story, but it does sound like they could have handled it better.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
It was out of warranty, wasn't it? I think your only options are to 1) Find a local place that can replace the screen, or 2) Replace the entire phone. As a year old, mid spec'd phone, I'd probably replace it with a modern model myself.