PSA: Bear Grylls is harder than Les Stroud

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: randay
fake? theres nothing fake about squeezing water out of elephant poop. if i were ever stuck on a deserted island with bear, theres no doubt in my mind that he would kill me, gut me, fill his cantina with my blood, and then swim back to civilization.

lol

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Originally posted by: adairusmc
PSA: Bear Grylls is harder than Les Stroud

:laugh:

Joseph Kittinger is harder than both of those guys, every Navy Seal and SAS solider, and Chesty Puller combined.

ah yes

that is one of the coolest things I've seen, it was on discovery I think, that I saw it.

The photo of him jumping out is surreal.

Jawo

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
This thread has gotten almost as idiotic as the "Plane on a Treadmill" thread. The plane will take off, just as Bear or Les could out survive anyone on this forum if they had to. I know both shows are scripted, and I watch more for the tips and tricks (not to mention awesome photography). Neither guy is probably allowed to really put his life on the line, because then the Discovery Channel (the BBC) could be liable.

I remember a Surviorman show where Les was going to survive a sea for a week. However a nasty storm blew up and he was called back to the "mothership."

Personally I think these people are the most badass. Without any survival training they survived for MONTHS!

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: Jawo
This thread has gotten almost as idiotic as the "Plane on a Treadmill" thread. The plane will take off, just as Bear or Les could out survive anyone on this forum if they had to. I know both shows are scripted, and I watch more for the tips and tricks (not to mention awesome photography). Neither guy is probably allowed to really put his life on the line, because then the Discovery Channel (the BBC) could be liable.

I remember a Surviorman show where Les was going to survive a sea for a week. However a nasty storm blew up and he was called back to the "mothership."

Personally I think these people are the most badass. Without any survival training they survived for MONTHS!

I have no doubt that Bear could outsurvive Les if both were out in the wilderness without a rescue party coming at the end of the week (or without heading to the hotel each night.) The staying out for a week and filming himself is just a gimmick, and a successful gimmick. But, watching Survivorman, there's a lot of drama when you wonder if that fool will actually survive the week. I much prefer "this is how you do it" to "I'm heard of this before but have never tried it. I'm going to try it now though."