Propaganda or not I like it!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

wkabel23

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Officerdown
Liberals hate America, no matter what we do they will always hate this fine country. They hate flag wavers, they hate abortion opponents, and they hate all religions except Islam, because Islam is the only religion that is granted a free pass. I had a feeling a lot of the people here wouldn?t support the troops no matter what. There is just too much hate.

Nothing wrong with getting oil out of the country... my SUV loves Iraqi oil.

Conform or die!

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000
Nothing wrong with pumping a little iraqi oil onto a US tanker, when we are paying billions for the rebuilding of that sh1t country.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Its a fine tribute. Every soldier who gets stuck fighting a war is put into a terrible situation no person should have to face. Brave are the ones who do with honor and dignity.

To me, its surprizing that one can genuinely support our troops and also defend the actions of the administration that had recklessly put them into harm's way. They and the Iraqi people are the ones who have been left to pay for the admin's foolishness and arrogance by not adequately preparing and supporting them in order to force the Bush admin's ideological agenda.

Liberals hate America, no matter what we do they will always hate this fine country. They hate flag wavers, they hate abortion opponents, and they hate all religions except Islam, because Islam is the only religion that is granted a free pass. I had a feeling a lot of the people here wouldn?t support the troops no matter what. There is just too much hate.

Nothing wrong with getting oil out of the country... my SUV loves Iraqi oil.

As sarcasm, that post is hilarious. Sadly, I don't think it is. Only proves there are tremendous idiots on the right and the left.

Klixxer

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2004
lol... I'll give you credit... nice.

Every side has their 'problem people'.

Hehe, as you stated, every side has their problem people, the sad thing is that those are the ones getting the headlines.

It only takes one bad brick to destory an entire house.

Klixxer

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2004
Originally posted by: AmdEmAll
Nothing wrong with pumping a little iraqi oil onto a US tanker, when we are paying billions for the rebuilding of that sh1t country.

Really? I thought it was about winning the hearts and minds of the Iraqis?

I thought it was done to free the Iraqis, i mean, without thinking of expenses and such, or in other words, you broke it, you fix it.

Thankfully, now, nobody has to worry about that mushroom cloud or the stockpiles of WMD's, the threat is gone.

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000
Well it seems the majority of iraqis dont want freedom. Guess they would rather go back to having their hands chopped off. We have freed the iraqi's from there leader but there are those who want anyone thats better then them to die.

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
heh heh there are liberals that hate our government, but not america, it's a fine distinction.

my response to your statement is that conservatives are the ones that would have liked to keep this country as it was in 1850, liked to have owned a few slaves, kept women from attaining equal rights, etc. you can understand why they loved this country so much they way it was and is, and think it is going to hell. ;)

i also like tributes to our soldiers, but this one was tasteless, i think it shows disrespect to wwII veterans by trying to compare todays soldiers with those in wwII. i find personal accounts much more moving than still pictures with operatic music, like those movies that always that so formulaic and show a child crying to try to pull a tear out of your eye.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Basically pretty disgusted with the pinhead mentality that has manifested itself in response to the post by Dapunisher.

A little tribute to those who served inthe Military for our countries freedom (and the freedoms of some of those who obviously don't deserve it) througought our history - from past to present, was taken by some to be insignifigant, and others showed their shallowness by being all about their self intrests.

You can bet those blowhards wouldn't put their sorry asses on the line for anything except their own self gratification - and wouldn't help their friends and neighbors unless there was some personal gain involved. Actually I'm thrilled that they are so self indulgent that they wouldn't lower themselves to actually haveing to do any grunt work in our Military, I wouldn't want them near me in a life or death situation like a fire fight or repelling an assault - they would cause more casualties among their own troops with their crying, whining, whimpering and trying to surrender while under stress than they would impose on the enemy.

A hero is a scared combatant or just a regular guy that rises above his personal fears to come to the assitance of those less fortunate than they, that need help right then, not some armchair cowboy that is looking for cheap fuel for a plush SUV that they can drive around with the air conditioner on when the day gets above 76 degrees.

Liberals ? Conservatives ? Take your pick, both sides are full of cowards, but at least most Liberals actually do care about others, and are willing to help their fellow man.

Officerdown

Oct 10, 2002
I guess I don't understand while some of you people dont think we should take oil while we are there. We need oil.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
I guess I don't understand while some of you people dont think we should take oil while we are there. We need oil.

No, we don't. We need refining capacity.

Actually, what we *really* need is a concerted effort to use alternatives to fossil fuels and to reduce the automotive industry lobbying efforts.

Officerdown

Oct 10, 2002
Originally posted by: conjur

No, we don't. We need refining capacity.

Actually, what we *really* need is a concerted effort to use alternatives to fossil fuels and to reduce the automotive industry lobbying efforts.

Actually, about the whole effort to use alternatives... Not a bad idea. But until we do, we need oil.

So until we find something else, let the oil companies prosper. Because we all know the only responsibility a company should have is to return a profit to its shareholders.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Klixxer
Originally posted by: AEB Doesnt matter who you hate supporting the troops is important, we dont want to happen to them what happend to the veitnam vets, americans were sick then and i hope we've grown up.
I have read this so many times and i have this to say about it. SOME of the American soldiers in the Vietnam war SHOULD have been tried, convicted and hung for their actions. As it is, those committing horrendous acts walk free and drag the rest of the soldiers throught the dirt. Until those who are guilty are punished, it continues to be a black mark in the history of the US.

AS much as I would like to agree with you - the same types of things happened in WWI and WW2, although they were not a publicized as they were with Vietnam. This type of behavior is synonymous with war, whether the press chooses to report it is another thing.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Klixxer
Originally posted by: AEB
Innocent until proven guilty, and why not let them off by "reason of insanity" like everyone else. I think its more important we prevent more travasties, even if we dont get ALL the criminals.

"like everyone else"? exactly WHO are you referring to? AFAIK lots of people from many parts of the world have been tried for war crimes and crimes against humanity, but not ONE single American soldier.

It's real hard to prove someone guilty if they are not even tried for their actions.

If there is no punishment, why would they worry about it?
Horsecrap.

Violations committed in Vietnam by personnel subject to the Uniform Code of Military justice were prosecuted under the provisions of the code. From January 1965 through August 1973, 36 cases involving war crimes allegations against Army personnel were tried by court-martial. Sixteen cases involving thirty men resulted in acquittal or dismissal after arraignment. Twenty cases involving thirty-one Army servicemen resulted in conviction. By the time the U.S. troop buildup was in full swing, various MACV directives contained a sufficient body of law clearly to define, prohibit, and provide for the investigation of war crimes. The constant rotation of troops created a continual need to get the information to the troops.
Law at War, Vietnam, 1964-1973

How many North Koreans or North Vietnamese were tried and convicted of war crimes?