Problem with 1050ti 4gb

mon0

Oct 10, 2017
Hi guys,

I have recently built a pc and it was working fine untill one day when I tried to turn on my pc I didn't get any signal to my monitor. When I pluged HDMI cable in to integrated graphics it was working but when I tried to reinstall 1050ti's drivers it was not working because my system didn't recognize my 1050ti. Like I didn't even have one pluged in my motherboard. The funny thing is sometimes my 1050ti works and sometimes it just not giving any signal. When restart it few times or wait 30mins it is working but that is really being pain in the ass. Restarting BIOS and reinstalling the drivers was not working.

Do you have any ideas what the heck is going on with my graphics card or did anybody had problems like this?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Card or the board slot is probably going bad. Swap to another slot and see if that fixes the problem, if you have one

Reactions: mon0

mon0

Oct 10, 2017
Card or the board slot is probably going bad. Swap to another slot and see if that fixes the problem, if you have one
I dont have any other slots. How can it go bad its about 3 months old pc?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Mass manufacturing isn't flawless, that's how.

Edit: if you haven't yet, pull the card, blow out the slot and clean the connector, then solidly re-seat the card.

Last edited:

mon0

Oct 10, 2017
Mass manufacturing isn't flawless, that's how.

Edit: if you haven't yet, pull the card, blow out the slot and clean the connector, then solidly re-seat the card.
It's a custom built pc not "mass manufactered". I removed the card, cleaned the connectors and it is still the same. I really dont know what could be the problem.

Yuriman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2004
It's mass manufacturered in the sense that NV has made literally tens of millions of these cards, and quality control does not catch every flawed one rolling off of the assembly lines.

Guru

May 5, 2017
If its prebuilt, just return it to them and have them fix it. Easy solution. Its probably a bad GPU anyways, nothing you can really do with that.

Reactions: mon0