Pro-Cordoba Rally Speeches Against Bigotry (unless you're Jewish Zionist Israel)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
That's not the origin of the name, i know the fucking Mosque and where it's being built

What's the origin of the name then? Feel free to update Wikipedia but don't forget to cite.

But hey why not choose a name like Muslim-American Center for Tolerance and Peace when you could choose an ambiguous name that harkens to periods military expansion into Western countries?

Jun 26, 2007
What's the origin of the name then? Feel free to update Wikipedia but don't forget to cite.

But hey why not choose a name like Muslim-American Center for Tolerance and Peace when you could choose an ambiguous name that harkens to periods military expansion into Western countries?

If i remember it correctly it's Spain somewhere, i can't use Google or any other search engine so.....

I'm all out of fucking luck on that one, perhaps someone else can use Google?

Actually, as i remember the Cordoba, it was home to Sephardic Jews and Muslims along with Christians... ?

It WAS a center for tolerance, wasn't it?

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
It WAS a center for tolerance, wasn't it?

"It was captured in 711[4] by a Muslim army: in 716 it became a provincial capital, depending from the Caliphate of Damascus; in Arabic it was known as قرطبة (Qurṭuba). In May 766, it was elected as capital of the independent Muslim emirate of al-Andalus, later a Caliphate itself. During the caliphate apogee (1000 AD), Córdoba had a population of roughly 400,000 inhabitants,[5] though estimates range between 250,000 and 500,000. In the 10th-11th centuries Córdoba was one of the most advanced cities in the world, as well as a great cultural, political, financial and economic centre."

Maybe it was great but it was still won at the end of a sword. Maybe I can start a Hiroshima-Nagasaki Cafe in my local Japantown. I will say it's an homage to a time when Japanese participated in the testing of a scientific and engineering marvel.

Jun 26, 2007
"It was captured in 711[4] by a Muslim army: in 716 it became a provincial capital, depending from the Caliphate of Damascus; in Arabic it was known as قرطبة (Qurṭuba). In May 766, it was elected as capital of the independent Muslim emirate of al-Andalus, later a Caliphate itself. During the caliphate apogee (1000 AD), Córdoba had a population of roughly 400,000 inhabitants,[5] though estimates range between 250,000 and 500,000. In the 10th-11th centuries Córdoba was one of the most advanced cities in the world, as well as a great cultural, political, financial and economic centre."

Maybe it was great but it was still won at the end of a sword. Maybe I can start a Hiroshima-Nagasaki Cafe in my local Japantown. I will say it's an homage to a time when Japanese participated in the testing of a scientific and engineering marvel.

It was also the center of three religions, right?

See, its' been a while, i'm Jewish but this story was a while ago so...

Seems you were making something out of something it wasn't, didn't you?

May i give you a piece of advice? When you are wrong, you can't win respect by claiming you were still right and stomp your foot, claiming that you were not wrong according to your own explanations.

You can win respect if you admit that you were wrong and leave it at that.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
It was also the center of three religions, right?

See, its' been a while, i'm Jewish but this story was a while ago so...

Seems you were making something out of something it wasn't, didn't you?

May i give you a piece of advice? When you are wrong, you can't win respect by claiming you were still right and stomp your foot, claiming that you were not wrong according to your own explanations.

You can win respect if you admit that you were wrong and leave it at that.

Huh? How was a center of Christianity? It was taken over by Muslims by force. What else do you want? When a territory is occupied it's generally considered in bad taste for the former occupier to take credit for good things that happened there.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Hopefully they'll build it big enough to see from Ground Zero.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Hopefully they'll build it big enough to see from Ground Zero.

Hmmm... you seem to like to pop off your quips and never answer any questions. Like whether you think muslim opinion of Obama is more important than MOrmon opinion...

Last edited:

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
He claims to be in the SAS. He's claimed many things.

What other claims do you find dubious? (And are you telling me there's no connection between the SAS and genocide?)

But more importantly, what do you think Sheffield could do to make amends for the "beloved patriot" statement? How could he turn his life around in general as a white European?

Jun 26, 2007
Huh? How was a center of Christianity? It was taken over by Muslims by force. What else do you want? When a territory is occupied it's generally considered in bad taste for the former occupier to take credit for good things that happened there.

It was a center where three religions met and coexisted for a good while.

I realised that i should have been more clear but didn't edit it because i believed you knew what i meant..

Don't try to make this into something it's not, i don't give a fuck to prove you right or wrong, can we just move on from what we know now?

In this light, what do you have against the name Cordoba?

Jun 26, 2007
What other claims do you find dubious? (And are you telling me there's no connection between the SAS and genocide?)

But more importantly, what do you think Sheffield could do to make amends for the "beloved patriot" statement? How could he turn his life around in general as a white European?

There is no connection between any SAS actions and genocide, except that we have found evidence of genocide in three locations, Pakis seem to have an extreme amount though so we just don't count those or it would be well over 600 sites just in Pakistan.

I'll call any Pakistani a beloved patriot, it's not a big deal where i'm from and after several years in the shithole they come from i'll call them what the fuck i want anyway.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
It was a center where three religions met and coexisted for a good while.

I realised that i should have been more clear but didn't edit it because i believed you knew what i meant..

Don't try to make this into something it's not, i don't give a fuck to prove you right or wrong, can we just move on from what we know now?

In this light, what do you have against the name Cordoba?

The fact that it's a symbol of the height of Muslim agression in Europe. You haven't added anything to what's already in Wikipedia, which I linked for you so obviously I read that section. Who says they lived coexisted side by side? Blacks and whites "coexisted" on Southern plantations too, if you leave aside the fact blacks were in rags outside while the whites were masters in the houses. Did France outlaw Islam in colonial Algeria? No. Did they coexist? Sure. Should France be acting like their time in Algeria was a time of peace and love between them and the Algerians.

I'm not going to buy your silly idea that Islam brought love and harmony to Spain under the sword in the middle-ages, so stop trying to sell it.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001

Sorry, I don't think about him too much. You sure ask a lot of questions though.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
So you say he lies a lot but you're not willing to back it up? Hmmm... point Sheffield!

If you want an example, I posted one in this thread. The use of "beloved patriot" in the UK is a well-recognized slur there. He's claiming that it's not.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
There is no connection between any SAS actions and genocide

There are more atrocities than genocide. Last time I checked, the SAS is a part of the British military. The British military is the death machine of the British government. The British government has for the last few centuries been an evil organization, responsible for the deaths of hundreds of millions of people.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
If you want an example, I posted one in this thread. The use of "beloved patriot" in the UK is a well-recognized slur there. He's claiming that it's not.

I'm still disappointed. You recognize a problem of European racism, have it backed up right here by Sheffield who is defiant in his use of what you deem a racial slur, but you have no solutions. Do you think people like him should be jailed? Re-educated? Killed? What? Don't tell me you have no solutions to your favorite topic: racism in Europe.

PS you said he says a "lot" of lies.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
I'm still disappointed. You recognize a problem of European racism, have it backed up right here by Sheffield who is defiant in his use of what you deem a racial slur, but you have no solutions. Do you think people like him should be jailed? Re-educated? Killed? What? Don't tell me you have no solutions to your favorite topic: racism in Europe.

I've posted about it quite often. The world needs to intervene on European issues. History shows that Europeans tend not to reflect internally without some outside interference.

PS you said he says a "lot" of lies.

I don't catalog his posts. I don't have a list of all your posts against minority groups or others you deem undesirable, but you freak out about them often enough. It's like asking a 400-pound man for a list of times he went to McDonald's.

Jun 26, 2007
The fact that it's a symbol of the height of Muslim agression in Europe. You haven't added anything to what's already in Wikipedia, which I linked for you so obviously I read that section. Who says they lived coexisted side by side? Blacks and whites "coexisted" on Southern plantations too, if you leave aside the fact blacks were in rags outside while the whites were masters in the houses. Did France outlaw Islam in colonial Algeria? No. Did they coexist? Sure. Should France be acting like their time in Algeria was a time of peace and love between them and the Algerians.

I'm not going to buy your silly idea that Islam brought love and harmony to Spain under the sword in the middle-ages, so stop trying to sell it.

If that is the case, that agression regarding a name of a city is a problem, you REALLY should rename New York...

Oh wait, all that you wrote wasn't about Cordoba where three religions did exist in harmony...

Your bad...