Press Secretary Sean Spicer's longevity.

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How long will Press Secretary Sean Spicer last?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Now the word is that they are going to stop televised press briefings entirely.

Something tells me Trump will not like losing anything on TV, so expect things to get weirder.

Feb 4, 2009
I hope Spicy makes the cut he's growing on me

If not what fat comedian can play the new woman (sanders?) I think we need a Chris Farley type guy.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I hope Spicy makes the cut he's growing on me

If not what fat comedian can play the new woman (sanders?) I think we need a Chris Farley type guy.

seriously. he's become the best thing about this administration. I mean, yeah, it is awful that Spicy can be seen as "normal," and really should never be considered normal by real adults in any room, in any company--but we must take what we can get.

Spicy's gotta stay for however long Drumpf is allowed to take Air Force 1 out golfing!

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Spicey is the one guy in this administration that I will continue to empathize a bit with and actually feel some remorse for. While he spews some absolute bullshit (aka his job) I do think he's one of the few people working for Trump that isn't an actual stain on humanity. I think the guy does have a very odd sense of humor and is more of an insult comic style than straight up schmoozer.

He made this comment yesterday:
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/spicer-trump-tweets-are-official-statements

“The President is the President of the United States,” Spicer said at his daily press briefing. “So they’re considered official statements by the President of the United States.”

That took balls the size of the liberty bells there. That is a very important message and against the grain of anyone else surrounding Trump. He hung Trump out on a limb with that one and I don't think it was accidental at all.

Reactions: cytg111

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I like Spicy. He is being forced by his asshole boss to tell lies that he can't even deliver convincingly. He is a salesman working for the equivalent of Krazy Unkle Karl's Diskount Kouches! He is cringing at the things he is saying as much as the rest of us. It is obvious how much he hates his job. You can look in his eyes and see that he is dead inside.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I met and talked to Clarence Paige at DCA. He knows and likes Spicy. Says surprised he hasn't quit already.

wirelessenabled

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
Spicey may be the nicest guy around, but how do you go out and make such stupid lies day after day?

Does he need the money? Or does he just like the limelight as stupid as the limelight he gets is?

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Spicey may be the nicest guy around, but how do you go out and make such stupid lies day after day?

Does he need the money? Or does he just like the limelight as stupid as the limelight he gets is?
In the most pathetic way possible, he sees himself as a loyal servant, trying to serve the president's agenda over the interests of the nation.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Who had 6 months ?

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ouse-reporters-fume-over-off-camera-briefings

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/19/sean-spicer-replacement-press-secretary-239721

Hard to pity him because anyone dense and amoral enough to hitch their wagon to Trump is not really deserving of it, but he had an impossible job. How is Trump going to take it when he continues to look a disaster after the replacement comes in? Will a unicorn be found and he'll have an epiphany, realizing he is the problem, not the lackey who has to go in front of the press and try to make sense of the insane?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Who had 6 months ?

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ouse-reporters-fume-over-off-camera-briefings

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/19/sean-spicer-replacement-press-secretary-239721

Hard to pity him because anyone dense and amoral enough to hitch their wagon to Trump is not really deserving of it, but he had an impossible job. How is Trump going to take it when he continues to look a disaster after the replacement comes in? Will a unicorn be found and he'll have an epiphany, realizing he is the problem, not the lackey who has to go in front of the press and try to make sense of the insane?

Trump acknowledging that he ever did something wrong would be anathema to who he is!

My question: even if someone is both qualified for the job and incredibly craven, are they really going to be up for the job knowing that they'll get constant flak from reporters calling them out on lies and unaccountability virtually every day? I'm not sure I'd want to take such a high-stress job, especially knowing that my enduring legacy would likely be an SNL sketch poking fun at my role.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Word is Huckabee's daughter will get the gig, McCarthy may be out but one of the cast members does Sanders.

I also was one of the six month group! :)

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

wirelessenabled

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
Looks like Spicer's removal is imminent. Of course with the current Administration who knows? They don't even know because everything seems to be ad hoc with long term planning consisting of what to have for lunch today.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I voted 6 months, which I thought was generous. From the beginning it's been all aboard the bullshit express...in front of fact checkers. Not an easy feat lol

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Spicey is going to write one awesome book. I suspect he signed a Trump Co loyalty pledge when he accepted the position, though--but I imagine he is someone to not give a shit about that. Which, I think, probably can't even be defended in relation to service under POTUS. Any non-classified information relating to POTUS and administration is probably considered public interest, no?

Trump probably thinks that he owns some trademark for "President Trump." But he doesn't, and it will be a rude awakening when he realizes that his multiple lawsuits against "President Trump Monkey Semen Energy Drink!" "President Trump racist Pool Accessories" and "President Trump tweeting toilet seats", "President Trump taco-flavored Dildos," etc., die as soon as they hit a judge's desk.

Jan 25, 2011
Spicey is going to write one awesome book. I suspect he signed a Trump Co loyalty pledge when he accepted the position, though--but I imagine he is someone to not give a shit about that. Which, I think, probably can't even be defended in relation to service under POTUS. Any non-classified information relating to POTUS and administration is probably considered public interest, no?

Trump probably thinks that he owns some trademark for "President Trump." But he doesn't, and it will be a rude awakening when he realizes that his multiple lawsuits against "President Trump Monkey Semen Energy Drink!" "President Trump racist Pool Accessories" and "President Trump tweeting toilet seats", "President Trump taco-flavored Dildos," etc., die as soon as they hit a judge's desk.
I... ummm... ok I gotta ask what the racist pool accessories would be!