President is really winding up the anti-immigrant crowd - order to end birthright citizenship

Page 27 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
So what? Do you enjoy being frightened about things that obviously won't happen anytime RSN?

Who said I was frightened? Are you projecting?

Alien42 said nobody wanted to get rid of the 2nd amendment. I just refuted his statement.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Speaking of retarded. You don't want to get rid of the amendment, you just want to amend it to nullify its entire existence.

Let me illustrate how fucking retarded your "position" is:

I don't want to get rid of the 2nd amendment, I just want to ban all guns.

Pretty fucking dumb, isn't it?

Not even remotely the same thing nor is it what I am saying. Your comprehension sucks.

My take is that the 14th amendment should allow birthright citizenship for LEGAL Immigrants only. Not ILLEGALS or people from other countries that are here on vacation... etc

That doesn't nullify it's whole existence.

** Corrected a typo from 2nd to 14th amendment.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Not even remotely the same thing nor is it what I am saying. Your comprehension sucks.

My take is that the 2nd amendment should allow birthright citizenship for LEGAL Immigrants only. Not ILLEGALS or people from other countries that are here on vacation... etc

Lol that's because you think the 14th doesn't say something about birthright citizenship when it clearly does.

That would be like me saying that banning all guns doesn't violate the 2nd because the 2nd talks about arms and not guns.

Your argument really is that dumb.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

My take is that the 2nd amendment should allow birthright citizenship for LEGAL Immigrants only. Not ILLEGALS or people from other countries that are here on vacation... etc

So twisted up the 2nd is now about citizenship.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Look at my post again. I asked for "anything illegal or improper about Melania's immigration status and process" and now you say about her parents? And DT's mom? If you want to call DT out about hypocrisy on chain migration, knock yourself out.

I only speak for me, myself, and I. Especially not for DT.
Melania worked illegally in the US before getting an H1-B.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Links/sources?

No reply to my answer above to your question whether wealthy folks should be in trouble if they knowingly hire ILLEGALS?
No reply necessary, you agreed with me, Sanctuary cities are a legal matter which has to be decided by courts, not me or you.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
No reply necessary, you agreed with me, Sanctuary cities are a legal matter which has to be decided by courts, not me or you.

Unlike you and your ilks, I am staying true with my words that everyone should follow the same rules and laws.

Ahh, another hypocrite. Do as we say and not as we do, eh? And a coward too, would not dare to give a straight answer. Next!!!!

Last edited:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Lol that's because you think the 14th doesn't say something about birthright citizenship when it clearly does.

That would be like me saying that banning all guns doesn't violate the 2nd because the 2nd talks about arms and not guns.

You are obviously fixated on an opinion that doesn't exist. It isn't my fault you are too thick headed to understand.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You are obviously fixated on an opinion that doesn't exist. It isn't my fault you are too thick headed to understand.

Nope, your argument is just that dumb and you are too stupid to realize it and too big of a piece of shit to admit it.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

No conservative should be against sanctuary cities, at least from a constitutional perspective.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

Considering the timeframe of the 2nd Amendment was written, how about confiscating all the guns, and issuing everybody muskets?

After all, those were the only "arms" in existence when the 2nd Amendment was written.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
citizen of the United States.... benefits

Lol!:laughing: What exactly? The worst inequality this side of oligarchies? The crappy social services? The underinvested infrastructure? The crappy public schools? The overpriced universities? The polluted environment? The poorly trained cops that will shoot you? A suppressed and uneducated populace in a quasi-fedual society to fund corporate welfare is not a "benefit"..

The only benefits to America is if you're rich. And those don't come as an anchor babies..

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
My take is that the 14th amendment should allow birthright citizenship for LEGAL Immigrants only. Not ILLEGALS or people from other countries that are here on vacation... etc

And we don't want to get rid of the 2A, we just want to amend it to make it clear that the right to own a gun is only allowed in the context of participating in a well regulated militia, with emphasis on the 'well regulated' part.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Can we get back to the original topic?! Where is the invasion caravan RIGHT NOW. How much longer do we have before they attack and over run our sovereign nation? Should I start eating my canned peaches in my bunker yet? Or have the 15,000 troops thwarted off the advancing mob?!

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Can we get back to the original topic?! Where is the invasion caravan RIGHT NOW. How much longer do we have before they attack and over run our sovereign nation? Should I start eating my canned peaches in my bunker yet? Or have the 15,000 troops thwarted off the advancing mob?!

In a blitzkrie move the angry horde breached the border and has already taken AZ the take over happened on 11/6 when the rushed all the polling places and voted for Democrats.

A desperate band of very fine people is fortifying the Alamo to protect Texas.

Reactions: Homerboy

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
In a blitzkrie move the angry horde breached the border and has already taken AZ the take over happened on 11/6 when the rushed all the polling places and voted for Democrats.

THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

Verified legit. I saw a taco truck today.

I bet if Santa Anna had parked a taco truck outside the Alamo, even Davy Crockett would have snuck off for a quick lunch.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Verified legit. I saw a taco truck today.

I bet if Santa Anna had parked a taco truck outside the Alamo, even Davy Crockett would have snuck off for a quick lunch.

It must be true!

here-we-come-pendejo.jpg

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
I dont know a ton about all the rules of this, but if you were on vacation pregnant and gave birth way early, does that child have citizenship even though you are just on vacation in our country? If so, that would be kind of silly, but not at all for the reasons im sure Trump has.

Tourist visas are a max of 3 months. If you're traveling within 3 months of your due date you're taking some risks (especially flying! Don't think a doctor would approve of that). I believe there are also rules of issuing visas to pregnant women near due data, they might not let you in if you're say 2 weeks away.

But even so this is such an extremely minor issue that only crazy people can get worked up about it.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Tourist visas are a max of 3 months. If you're traveling within 3 months of your due date you're taking some risks (especially flying! Don't think a doctor would approve of that). I believe there are also rules of issuing visas to pregnant women near due data, they might not let you in if you're say 2 weeks away.

But even so this is such an extremely minor issue that only crazy people can get worked up about it.

LOL what? Who said you can't fly while pregnant?
Not to mention you can visit other countries without flying.
Not to mention B1/B2 tourist visas can be 6 months in length.

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
LOL what? Who said you can't fly while pregnant?
Not to mention you can visit other countries without flying.
Not to mention B1/B2 tourist visas can be 6 months in length.
I didn't. You can skydive while pregnant. Might not be a good idea though.. And airlines will refuse you if you are too close to term.
I never said otherwise. Sure you can drive into the US and give birth. Will they grant you entry if you are 2 weeks from term?
ok, so; "some" tourist visas are max 3 months.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...-names-recipients-presidential-medal-freedom/
=====
President Donald J. Trump Names Recipients of the Presidential Medal of Freedom
Issued on: November 10, 2018

On Friday, November 16, 2018, President Donald J. Trump will award the Presidential Medal of Freedom to 7 distinguished individuals. This prestigious award is the Nation’s highest civilian honor, which may be awarded by the President to individuals who have made especially meritorious contributions to the security or national interests of the United States, to world peace, or to cultural or other significant public or private endeavors.

The following individuals will receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom:

MIRIAM ADELSON. Miriam Adelson is a committed doctor, philanthropist, and humanitarian. She has practiced internal and emergency medicine, studied and specialized in the disease of narcotic addiction, and founded two research centers committed to fighting substance abuse. With her husband, Sheldon, she also established the Adelson Medical Research Foundation, which supports research to prevent, reduce, or eliminate disabling and life-threatening illness. As a committed member of the American Jewish community, she has supported Jewish schools, Holocaust memorial organizations, Friends of the Israel Defense Forces, and Birthright Israel, among other causes.
=====

Hmm.... Looks like Trump is giving medals for supporting Birthright... Israel.