Powerball @ $245 million

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
yeah I won $4 WOOHOO from last nights drawing.

1+PB#

I'll probably buy another $5 when I cash that one in.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
Won $4 off of 5 chances. At least its enough to buy myself some more tickets for saturdays drawing...

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
They should have a world lottery where you win around a $billion ...like 7 #s or something. even though ur chances would be horrible i'd play :D

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
Originally posted by: Josh
They should have a world lottery where you win around a $billion ...like 7 #s or something. even though ur chances would be horrible i'd play :D

lol. With 7 numbers, there would probably only be like 1 winner every 10 years. The US would probably start putting a budget in place for buying tickets with the hopes of settling the national debt.

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
I buy one when it goes over 80 million. Clerks at the gas station look at me puzzled and ask 1?

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Yeah... I got another ticket with my fried chicken at the local truck stop.

That was some good fried chicken!

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by: PhoenixOrion
Originally posted by: Dunbar
Originally posted by: Frackal
Poor people buy many lottery tickets

Rich people never bought tickets.

How did you come up with this?

Did you read his post, it was his personal observation based on spending lots of time at convenience stores. Growing up in a nice suberb next to the inner city I saw the same thing. Lots of poor people religously buying lottery tickets on payday. Of course the lotteries have their own studies that show otherwise but I just don't blelieve it. Hey as long as my taxes don't go up...

my question is more towards how did he know which people are poor and which ones are loaded by just 'observation' without actually looking at their credit report, bank statements, etc.

define rich? I worked at a store that sold Lotto and I noticed a smart/dumb person thing for who bought it. We had customers who spent $400 a week on scratchers, I wouldn't call that a rich person but far from poor. A lot of dumb people sink a lot of money into the lottery. It's about greed, we didn't have any what I'd consider rich customers, but we had a couple who drove $100,000 cars who would play the lotto. Poor people tend to work much harder for their money, and have much less of it. So if anything they would be the ones who would play only on rare occasions. We had a lot of both who played a lot though, those would be what I'd call the stupid people.

Had a regular who bought an entire roll of $5 scratches as I was putting them in, so he got every ticket in the roll. $400 bucks if I'm not mistaken, he ended up with like 1 40 buck winner and 3 free tickets. That hurts :) He probably dropped a G a month easy just on scratchers.

PhoenixOrion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2004
just to let everyone know, i plan to win that $300M jackpot

.............in about 2 hours or so from now?

PhoenixOrion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2004
Originally posted by: QueBert
Originally posted by: Dunbar
Originally posted by: Frackal
Poor people buy many lottery tickets

Rich people never bought tickets.

How did you come up with this?

Did you read his post, it was his personal observation based on spending lots of time at convenience stores. Growing up in a nice suberb next to the inner city I saw the same thing. Lots of poor people religously buying lottery tickets on payday. Of course the lotteries have their own studies that show otherwise but I just don't blelieve it. Hey as long as my taxes don't go up...

my question is more towards how did he know which people are poor and which ones are loaded by just 'observation' without actually looking at their credit report, bank statements, etc.

define rich? I worked at a store that sold Lotto and I noticed a smart/dumb person thing for who bought it. We had customers who spent $400 a week on scratchers, I wouldn't call that a rich person but far from poor. A lot of dumb people sink a lot of money into the lottery. It's about greed, we didn't have any what I'd consider rich customers, but we had a couple who drove $100,000 cars who would play the lotto. Poor people tend to work much harder for their money, and have much less of it. So if anything they would be the ones who would play only on rare occasions. We had a lot of both who played a lot though, those would be what I'd call the stupid people.

Had a regular who bought an entire roll of $5 scratches as I was putting them in, so he got every ticket in the roll. $400 bucks if I'm not mistaken, he ended up with like 1 40 buck winner and 3 free tickets. That hurts :) He probably dropped a G a month easy just on scratchers.

same assumption here but doesn't hold true.

my in-laws are 'loaded.' they're retired and they play on a regular basis.....although only over the $100M jackpot mark; but i'd still consider them as playing it religiously.

GundamW

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2000
Powerball

Draw Date 8/25/2007:
2 8 23 29 35 Powerball = 19

"The Current Estimated Jackpot is.... $15 Million"

Looks like someone won! People, check your ticket!!! It could be YOU!!! :|

Spook

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 1999
Powerball webiste

Its on the side-scrolling bar on the top of the page.

There was one winner in the state of Indiana for the last drawing's $ 314,300,000 grand prize!