Potential historic blizzard to hit New England

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Obviously... I live in Milwaukee, but that's no excuse for blowing things way out of proportion.

Not speaking to this particular storm as it does seem like a significant event in some areas, but in general the news seems to make a huge deal out of every storm around here. I think its a new thing. The worst part is the repetition seems to eat away at your defenses. You start to feel anxiety about the coming moderate storm even though you lived through hundreds of such events with little more than a slow commute to work and back. I've noticed other people are reacting differently as well. They used to rarely cancel school around here, maybe 2 times a year after huge storms hit. Now I see them canceling based on a forecast. Then the storm doesn't even happen and I drive to work with empty roads.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Yeah, local news is very good at blowing things out of proportion... and for sending reporters to stupid locations for stupid reasons (why do I need to see a zoomed in live shot of the courthouse just because someone's gonna be on trial later today?).

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
So when this storm kills a bunch of elderly and children (more than any mass murder recently), will politicians race to enact anti-snow legislation? Can we start with banning snow machines, snow cones, and snow globes first? Sorry assault snow globes :D

Yes yes, I'm making a bit of mockery humor.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Anyhow, I hope everyone up there enjoys there Snowpocalypse, Snowmageddon, Snowlapaluza, or whatever stupid media name people come up with for this.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
I'm astonished no one has mentioned state wide road bans. Possible 1 year jail time if caught on the streets after 4EST. My future state of New Hampshire laughed at the thought.

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
I live in Maine and we were told to expect 24 inches by tomorrow morning. It's almost 7PM and we have 3 inches. I think this storm may have been blown out of proportion.
Just have to see what tomorrow brings I guess.