Posting about issues which make America look bad is not Anti-American...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
So, by this logic the right wing radicals who attacked Clinton over and over and over and over were anti-American.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Tabb
Originally posted by: jjones
Supressing freedom of speech, no matter how ideologically opposed or repetitively idiotic, is anti-American.

He said that where exactly? This is the internet sorry, the rules of free speech of idiots doesnt apply here.
Why do you assume I am rebutting his post? Crimson listed things he felt were anti-American. I thought this is what the thread is about so I listed something I thought was anti-American.

And yes I do know this is the internet but apparently you do not. The free speech of idiots applies to the internet more than anywhere else, hence your ability to post.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Crimson - we don't need McCarthy-inspired idiots telling us what we can or can't post. Or how often. Or defining "anti-American" for us. Puh-lease
rolleye.gif
Go play somewhere else if you don't like it.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Crimson - we don't need McCarthy-inspired idiots telling us what we can or can't post. Or how often. Or defining "anti-American" for us. Puh-lease
rolleye.gif

Please show us all where Crimson suggested that you not post your hate on this board.

He just commented on what it is as I am.

Sarcasticor

Banned
Aug 9, 2003
Originally posted by: etech
rolleye.gif

Please show us all where Crimson suggested that you not post your hate on this board.

Would you then explain why you think it is Anti-American to critizise and post articles to things that they do not agree with? I mean, where's the rationale behind that thought?

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Sarcasticor
rolleye.gif

Would you then explain why you think it is Anti-American to critizise and post articles to things that they do not agree with? I mean, where's the rationale behind that thought?

It's the intent. How many times does someone have to say that Pres. Bush resembles a chimp before you have to come to the conclusion that they are biased idiots?

Look through the threads. How many are attacking the US and it's policies vs ones that support it? Why are so many people from other countries making it their duty to attack the US on this board?

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
How many times does someone have to say that Pres. Bush resembles a chimp before you have to come to the conclusion that they are biased idiots?

Once ;):D

CkG

And you're not biased idiots? Puh-lease. I've lost count of how many "cheerleading" posts I've seen outta the two of you. How many "Iraq is doing so great" (happy face, happy face) posts have you guys been responsible for? How many I hate France posts, let's drop another nuke on the mayor of hiroshima, how many let's kill some more towel-head posts do the rest of us have to endure?

The other half of the posts around here are blatent flag-waving cheerleader fests all decked out in red, white and blue, Crawford-BBQ style, god-bless-the-Ford F150 and don't-mess-with-Texas, and Bush adoration - he's an elite aviator, dontchaknow.
rolleye.gif

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I have that stupid RPC error so I'll make one small point before I retire from the computer for the night. Bias can work both ways. If you accuse someone of being biased against Bush, ask yourself if you're biased for him, and if that is better or worse. Without a doubt, nobody will admit to it. But let's be honest here, ok? There are members here who are biased for Bush. (Probably for partisan reasons) I ask you, if you think being biased against Bush is anti-american, would being biased for him also be anti-american?

I, myself, don't think either qualifies as being anti-american...I'm just trying to make a point. Did I do a good job at it? ;)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
How many times does someone have to say that Pres. Bush resembles a chimp before you have to come to the conclusion that they are biased idiots?

CkG

And you're not biased idiots? Puh-lease. I've lost count of how many "cheerleading" posts I've seen outta the two of you. How many "Iraq is doing so great" (happy face, happy face) posts have you guys been responsible for? How many I hate France posts, let's drop another nuke on the mayor of hiroshima, how many let's kill some more towel-head posts do the rest of us have to endure?

The other half of the posts around here are blatent flag-waving cheerleader fests all decked out in red, white and blue, Crawford-BBQ style, god-bless-the-Ford F150 and don't-mess-with-Texas, and Bush adoration - he's an elite aviator, dontchaknow.
rolleye.gif

Ummm - I think you need to learn to read. I posted one France bash in retaliation to some whack job posting about nazis or some BS. The rest your little whine doesn't describe any of my other posts.
You are the one who is the lapdog cheerleader that goes around and joins in the circle jerks screaming "Bush is a disaster" and crying about how much this country sucks because Bush is our president and that he's an idiot, moron, or whatever. Then in the next breath you and your merry men claim he is the head of some big conspiracy to take over the world and enslave us all.

Get a grip.

CkG

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Well said Gaard... I would even go as far as saying that being anti-American, as Crimson put it, is as American as you can get. As long as you aren't sending money and missles to terrorists or Saddam Heussein, or fighting against America, I wouldn't call you anti-American.

Sarcasticor

Banned
Aug 9, 2003
rolleye.gif

It's the intent. How many times does someone have to say that Pres. Bush resembles a chimp before you have to come to the conclusion that they are biased idiots?

Look through the threads. How many are attacking the US and it's policies vs ones that support it? Why are so many people from other countries making it their duty to attack the US on this board?

I looked through the threads and found none attacking the US, only this admins policies.

I am not attacking the US, far from it, neither is Fencer or Czar, not Freegeeks either, you are.

You see, it is you and people like you, your arrogance towards the rest of the world, your inability to admit a lie, your inability to admit that maybe you don't always know better than anyone else, that is an attack on the US. It's people like you who spread your insults and arrogance over the internet that makes people like me think that there is something very wrong with the US.

Your administration told the world that it is irrelevant, it broke a whole heap of international laws, your administration went to war for a cause built on lies.

And then you wonder why the world thinks that this current administrations and (some) of you supporters (of it) are crazy?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: daniel1113
Well said Gaard... I would even go as far as saying that being anti-American, as Crimson put it, is as American as you can get. As long as you aren't sending money and missles to terrorists or Saddam Heussein, or fighting against America, I wouldn't call you anti-American.

Ah yes - the Hillary definition of patriotism strikes again
rolleye.gif

Just because you CAN criticise the gov't doesn't mean it is your duty to do so or that it makes you patriotic.

CkG

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
rolleye.gif

I looked through the threads and found none attacking the US, only this admins policies.

I am not attacking the US, far from it, neither is Fencer or Czar, not Freegeeks either, you are.

You see, it is you and people like you, your arrogance towards the rest of the world, your inability to admit a lie, your inability to admit that maybe you don't always know better than anyone else, that is an attack on the US. It's people like you who spread your insults and arrogance over the internet that makes people like me think that there is something very wrong with the US.

Your administration told the world that it is irrelevant, it broke a whole heap of international laws, your administration went to war for a cause built on lies.

And then you wonder why the world thinks that this current administrations and (some) of you supporters (of it) are crazy?

I'll address the fallicies of your post later, first, I would like to know what country you are from.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I never thought Bush was a Nazi. He merely took the power of life and death to attack another country that was never a threat to the US, decided it was liberation after all, and ordered a war. That merely makes him a murderer.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
trea·son ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trzn)
n.
Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.
A betrayal of trust or confidence.

if you still don't get it, read ann coulter's book....

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Hey, don't get me wrong. I am a conservative and am a big Ann Coulter fan. However, just because someone consistently bashes a single aspect of our country doesn't make them anti-American. Disagreement is just as important as agreement. It's when some completely disagrees with everything our country stands for (those described in Ann Coulter's book "Treason") or acts directly against our country (aka John Walker) that they become anti-American. IF you say that George Bush is the worst president ever, you ARE NOT anti-American. However, IF you don't have ay facts to back up such a statement, you ARE ignorant.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Ooops... I just realized that my post wasn't too clear. Here is what I wrote:

"Well said Gaard... I would even go as far as saying that being anti-American, as Crimson put it, is as American as you can get. As long as you aren't sending money and missles to terrorists or Saddam Heussein, or fighting against America, I wouldn't call you anti-American."

I think my comment would have been clearer if I had stated the following:

"Well said Gaard... I would even go as far as saying that being anti-American, as Crimson defined it above, is as American as you can get. As long as you aren't sending money and missles to terrorists or Saddam Heussein, or fighting against America, I wouldn't call you anti-American. However, I may call you ignorant."

In other words, I wouldn't be too quick to conclude that Americans who call soldiers "scrubs" are anti-American. I don't agree with what they say, and don't believe that they have any facts to prove such a statement. In my eyes they are ignorant, but not anti-American. Unfortunately, many Americans are quite ignorant when it comes to foreign affairs ad politics in general.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Crimson
But posting them OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER, just to advance your political agenda and hatred toward our President is...

Posting repeately about Iraqis who die, but never posting about Americans who die is Anti-American.

Posting that your President is a moron repeately and calling him Hitler is Anti-American.

Ignoring the fact that Saddam Hussein has murdered thousands, perhaps 10's of thousands of his own people but calling Bush a butcher is Anti-American.

Calling soldiers who face dying via car bombs and sneak attacks at any minute "scrubs" because they accidentally shoot civilians is Anti-American..

So no, your one post pointing something out that America did wrong is not Anti-American... your 400 posts are.. get a life.. American lives apparently are less important than your poltical agendas.. That makes you Anti-American.

As much as I disagree with many liberals, I never wish any harm upon them.. and certainly don't wish them dead.. but I think many of you actually rejoice when you see Iraqi's die so you can post about it here and rip the Bush administration..

Umm, no.

You want it both ways, sorry.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: BOBDN
So, by this logic the right wing radicals who attacked Clinton over and over and over and over were anti-American.
Notice how they ignored your comment? Hypocrisy?

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon
trea·son ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trzn)
n.
Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.
A betrayal of trust or confidence.

if you still don't get it, read ann coulter's book....

LoL - Ann Coulter the women who wants to lock up every other political party that she does not agree with and only have one party to choose from which she belongs too. Yeah thats a shinning beacon of freedom if there ever was one.
rolleye.gif

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: BOBDN
Originally posted by: Gaard
BOBDN -<<Supporting George Bush is anti-American.>>

No it isn't. Neither is not supporting him. I'm afraid there are those who don't realize this.

You're entitled to your opinion (so far, give Asscrack some more time and he'll change that too).

My opinion is, supporting Bush is anti-American.

FACT is that you are limiting freedom and choice by having that opinion, THAT is Anti-American. (and fascist too, btw)

I am not limiting anyone's freedom of choice by having that opinion.

I am expressing my opinion using my right to free speech.

You can use your right to free speech by disagreeing with me.

See how it works?

Now everyone gets to air their opinion. Others can listen or not. Agree or not. But everyone gets to air their opinion.

No name calling. No threats. Just opinions.

And if I want to air my opinion over and over it's anyone's right to stop listening.

Or keep listening.

Or air a dissenting opinion over and over.

Or air a totally new opinion over and over.

Free speech isn't like term limits (which should never have been enacted in my opinion). There is no limit on free speech.
If there is it is no longer free speech.

Just my opinion. And the free speech we supposedly have here to say it.

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: TheBDB
Telling people they can't post their ideas is Anti-American.

I was going to type up a long rebuttal to the OP, but your post sums it up.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

CkG

People who compare Bush to a chimp are not biased idiots. Bush does bear a passing resemblance to a chimp (well, physical resemblance anyway - mentally he's probably pretty much an exact replica).

Now an extremely bright person would recognize that he is a near exact ringer for Alfred E. Newman of Mad Magazine fame.

Be honest. If you are you can't tell me he isn't. :)

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Tabb
Originally posted by: Crimson
But posting them OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER, just to advance your political agenda and hatred toward our President is...

Posting repeately about Iraqis who die, but never posting about Americans who die is Anti-American.

Posting that your President is a moron repeately and calling him Hitler is Anti-American.

Ignoring the fact that Saddam Hussein has murdered thousands, perhaps 10's of thousands of his own people but calling Bush a butcher is Anti-American.

Calling soldiers who face dying via car bombs and sneak attacks at any minute "scrubs" because they accidentally shoot civilians is Anti-American..

So no, your one post pointing something out that America did wrong is not Anti-American... your 400 posts are.. get a life.. American lives apparently are less important than your poltical agendas.. That makes you Anti-American.

As much as I disagree with many liberals, I never wish any harm upon them.. and certainly don't wish them dead.. but I think many of you actually rejoice when you see Iraqi's die so you can post about it here and rip the Bush administration..

Word :D

Telling people they can't post their ideas is Anti-American.

He didnt say anything about posting, are you offended because you posted something he discribed?

He specifically calls those un American who continually espouse their views, according to the OP continually pushing your views if they differ from those he has set forth in his post (his views) is anti american. The day I cannot say whatever I like as often and as loudly as I like is the day I cease to be American. Those are the values that this country was based on, whats next sedition?