Post your most annoying work moment of the day

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

funkymatt

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2005
A user took my batch file code that I emailed him, put it into a .bat file and passed it off as his own. he even left my comments in it, that was pretty funny. the guy is a major douche, the type of guy who does things his own bassackward way and expects everyone else to follow his examples.

Oct 27, 2007
I got up at 5am to do an assignment that is due at 3pm. I open up the assignment and see the due date is yesterday. F***!! And now it's 5:45am and I'm neffing the morning away.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
boss is completely computer i-dont-know-and-i-dont-wanna-learn.

so everything computer related is 20 times more complicated than it needs to be. rather than putting the CD with pictures on it into his computer and just looking at them, he wants the office manager to save them to the file server. and then rather than looking at them on the file server, he wants the pics to be emailed to him. of course, saving pictures to the file server is beyond the office manager, who doesn't seem to realize that files are files. and then she got frustrated because she didn't know where in the client's file to save the pictures. of course, when she wants to copy and paste things or create a new client directory, she opens word perfect and then uses the open dialog box rather than just using windows explorer. on top of that, the pics were about 2.5 MB each, and she tried emailing 10 of them at a time.

Nov 7, 2000
sick coworker, humming, finger drumming to his humming, and stopping every 30 sec to sniffle and clear his throat.

'hey dude, are you sick?'.
'no, im strong'.

wtf does that mean, asshole. go home

joesmoke

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2007
Originally posted by: HardcoreRobot
sick coworker, humming, finger drumming to his humming, and stopping every 30 sec to sniffle and clear his throat.

'hey dude, are you sick?'.
'no, im strong'.

wtf does that mean, asshole. go home

awesome post. :laugh:

theres one in every office.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
I'd say when someone cranks the AC when the building is perfectly comfortable, windows are open, and it's a crisp fall day and 55f outside.

BriGy86

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
When I get tickets at a campus style environment that say "Computer is not working properly." No mention of the user, computer number, building, or problem...

Elias824

Golden Member
Mar 13, 2007
The accountant in my office who complains every day that the server is being slow or the internet is being slow, when in reality he cant figure out that its because he has like 80 things open at once and its just his computer. Whenever I want to get anything new he complains about wasting money even though most of our computers here are ancient, only guy I dont like at my office. Anytime he wants me to do somthing he has to explain the same thing to me a million times, even when its something really simple.

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
Annoying moment today:

Being told I'm expected to work 50+ hours every week. Once a month I'm supposed to come in from midnight to 5am to patch servers. IF I work 50+ hours that week plus midnight to 5am, I MAY take an afternoon off.

funkymatt

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2005
Originally posted by: BriGy86
When I get tickets at a campus style environment that say "Computer is not working properly." No mention of the user, computer number, building, or problem...

your ticketing system doesn't record the system it's sent from?

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
New one for a new day from me.

User: Can you give me access into system x? It's urgent!
Me: What's system x?
User: It does function y.
User: Here's the link. Can you give me access into it?
Me: Um, since I've never even heard of it, I'm guessing.... no.

BriGy86

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
Originally posted by: funkymatt
Originally posted by: BriGy86

your ticketing system doesn't record the system it's sent from?

Oh it does, and I know damn well who the tickets come from. I've mentioned the problems many times and get the same result.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
When I went out for coffee and the newspaper this morning it was raining. Oh wait ...... work moment.

What's work?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The dilbert moments.
"Work smarter, not harder"
"We need to synergize backwards overflow"
"Do more with less"
Etc.

Sep 29, 2004
Of all the issues that we have on our project, the software lead spent 10 minutes taking to 3 of us about how we should go about tagging in CVS.

No, no subversion! That's another issue related to stupidity.