Post Your CineBench R11.5 Score

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minerva

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 1999
Somewhat agree, however some might aspire to a high core count only to find it is not helpful with the vast majority of software being run on the desktop, which is what matters for the vast majority of users, and probably the vast majority of readers here as well. Not caring about single threaded performance doesn't actually mean it's an insignificant consideration...

That is like going to a tractor pull when a guy just toasted everyone and asking him to do a quarter mile to see how fast he can run his rig down the strip! :biggrin:

This box is for rendering where more cores is better. It's not a desktop system so single core compute scores are meaningless. That's why this is a CINEBENCH thread, to show off what SMP can do!

Too bad the 2011 Xeons are locked making the SR-X platform, well useless. (In the form of overclocking) The socket 1366 Xeons overclocked like champs. As a matter of fact I've seen 12 core 24 thread 5690 at 4.66GHz hitting 23 in Cinebench! Of course for 24/7 100% load on these means watercooling of the cpu and chipset is absolutely mandatory for stability, but it just shows that even "old school" SR-2 systems still have lots of muscle to flex and being a three year old platform, that says a LOT!!!

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
That is like going to a tractor pull when a guy just toasted everyone and asking him to do a quarter mile to see how fast he can run his rig down the strip! :biggrin:

This box is for rendering where more cores is better. It's not a desktop system so single core compute scores are meaningless. That's why this is a CINEBENCH thread, to show off what SMP can do!

Too bad the 2011 Xeons are locked making the SR-X platform, well useless. (In the form of overclocking) The socket 1366 Xeons overclocked like champs. As a matter of fact I've seen 12 core 24 thread 5690 at 4.66GHz hitting 23 in Cinebench! Of course for 24/7 100% load on these means watercooling of the cpu and chipset is absolutely mandatory for stability, but it just shows that even "old school" SR-2 systems still have lots of muscle to flex and being a three year old platform, that says a LOT!!!

If you notice, I played along and ran my tractor in the 1/4. :D

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004

This. Can't think of a better system for the price than grabbing a SR-2 + 2x 56xx Xeon CPUs. You can get that for just around $2500 with the 5650's plus a bit extra for some good coolers. If you need a good number-crunching box, it's an amazing system. I bet you could get it for even less if you grabbed secondhand CPUs. You can generally get those CPUs to at least 3.8ghz, with many hitting 4.4ghz+.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
@Minerva

The fact is that some people are using DP Xeon systems on the desktop. I would assume there are hundreds of readers of this thread, some of whom may mistakenly believe the top score in Cinebench must make the machine the best at everything.

I think it's weird to discount the significance of single-threaded performance, as if your DP beast is somehow more than the sum of its cores? It's just another performance metric, not some kind of judgment.

Minerva

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 1999
@Minerva

The fact is that some people are using DP Xeon systems on the desktop. I would assume there are hundreds of readers of this thread, some of whom may mistakenly believe the top score in Cinebench must make the machine the best at everything.

I think it's weird to discount the significance of single-threaded performance, as if your DP beast is somehow more than the sum of its cores? It's just another performance metric, not some kind of judgment.

Like the guys overclocking their S4s to 2.3GHz so they can brag about quandrant and antutu scores...

Or running a dual pentium pro 200 on Win9x and DOS. :biggrin:

Desktop use of MP machines suggest real workstation roles not uniprocessor single disk systems procured from best buy, etc. Think Dell Precision workstations that cost $19k configured with nvidia tesla, etc.

Of course a system with a gamer board, EE chip overclocked with enthusiast memory and slew of titans is going to rip through 3DMark, Crysis, etc. Two different animals altogether. ;)

Oh and btw booting to a desktop OS and using one of these machines as a desktop is pleasurable experience once you get done waiting for ECC checks and storage controller ROMs initializing, etc. ;)

If I want to jump on a system and be ready instantly I have a retina mac book pro. That can also do real work too!

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I love DP Xeon systems, having run one as my main rig for several years (HP xw8600). So no real argument. I just happen to think single thread is a valid metric for all PCs, that's all. :)

Nov 26, 2005
Stock 2.14GHz Xeon L5639 All features turned off; no Turbo etc
Score: 5.44

CinebenchXeonL5639Stock_zps36fe95ee.jpg~original

Stock 2.14Ghz Xeon L5639, All features turned off; no Turbo etc
Single Core Score: .74

SingleCoreCinebench_zpsec42ff3c.jpg~original

Last edited:

Burpo

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2013
Xeon L5639 12 GB DDR3 1600 ram @ 3.31ghz

Last edited:

ozzy702

Golden Member
Nov 1, 2011
Updated: My old score with an i7-3770k @ 4.4ghz was 8.95 running 1866DDR3. I moved that ram into a box I'm building for a friend and tried out some 2133mhz and it bumped it to 9.02. This benchmark does appear to be just the tiniest bit sensitive to memory speeds.

Cinebench2_zpsedfaa85b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mohit9206

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2013
Phenom II X4 965 @4.0 stock volts
mbk7ky.jpg

Wait that score seems really high.What about at stock speeds ? The 965 cannot be twice as fast as my G630.Even if it has 4 threads which may lead to a higher score it wont necessarily be better in single threaded games now would it atleast at stock speeds?

Erenhardt

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2012
Wait that score seems really high.What about at stock speeds ? The 965 cannot be twice as fast as my G630.Even if it has 4 threads which may lead to a higher score it wont necessarily be better in single threaded games now would it atleast at stock speeds?

P2 X4 stock 3.4GHz Multi:4.01 Single: 1.02
29w7kb5.jpg

P2 X4 4.0GHz Mulit:4.69 Single: 1.19
2qmessh.jpg

Does screen resolution influence scores?

Last edited:

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Did Durvelle give up on this thread? Anyway, here's my old HP xw8600 with twin E5472s. I loaded up Windows 8.1 real quick on a spare drive to get this score, as it usually runs FreeBSD these days:

10h24uv.png

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

My Thuban will score a bit over 7 with all six cores in this bench. So his 4GHz score doesn't seem that far off, I run at 4.03GHz. I have my NB/L3 overclocked to 2.6GHz, though. But it certainly is possible that the NB/L3 doesn't play a very big role in this bench, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.