Post pics of your setup!

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
New pics 2/23/13:

Still trying to save up the funds to start building my Dennis Erskine designed theater... Dunno if it will ever happen as it is 300k$ and I have other pressing needs at the moment (guns, bmw 335, my shiba inu puppy, patio/landscaping)

In any case, I just picked up a tv that finally fits my family room... the 80" vizio m series tv. Speakers are the same, B&W 804s and ACI Maestro powered by Rotel electronics, Verizon FIOS DVR, PS3.

Watched From Up on Poppy Hill; bluray (miyazaki) and it was very sharp. Gonna pop in some other more modern blurays later.

My family room is medium sized at 20'x20'x9' and brightly lit.

family_room_sm.JPG

New Pics 10/28/09:

Panasonic 54" S14 Plasma
B&W 804s as Speakers
ACI Maestro XL as Subwoofer 1
ACI Titan 2LE as Subwoofer 2
Rotel RB 1070 as Amplifier
Rotel RC 1070 as Preamp
Rotel RCD 1072 as CDP
PStwo as Gaming

After about 250+ hrs of optimizing the placement of the speakers, the subwoofers and the couch to within 1/16", I have obtained this result. I believe this result is pretty close to the best optimization according to the wave physics that exist within this room. Using standard acoustic practice got somewhat close, but since the back wall is irregular and opens to the rest of the apartment, I had to make some severe adjustments.

The speakers are setup according to the golden ratio as per cardas recommendations.

The subwoofers were manually setup according to an optimization of 183 different measurements taken.

The listening position was roughly setup according to results from 20 listening tests followed by 84 different measurements taken.

The following is a splice of 3 measurements shown at 1/12 octave for ease of viewing. I didn't bother with 1/3 octave. The splice is because I did frequency tests in sections and not in totality due to the nature of how I was optimizing the pieces. I couldn't take a final FR shot due to guests arriving, all of whom enjoyed the stereo while we were playing Ghettopoly

FR

Since this is the most optimal setup, I firmly believe I can now start to fully realize the benefit of room eq. like Audyssey multieqXT and acoustical treatments, both of which shall be forthcoming during the holiday season.

Original Post:

I'll start with my humble stereo:

Westinghouse 37" 1080P as Screen
B&W 804s as Speakers
ACI Maestro XL as Subwoofer
Rotel RB 1070 as Amplifier
Rotel RC 1070 as Preamp
Rotel RCD 1072 as CDP
PStwo as Gaming

Athlon 1800+, 1GB, 300GB Movie, 500GB Music, 74GB OS, 9800pro256, TVWonderPro,
Audigy ZS, AntecP150

My all in one room, 6 month old.
My subwoofer, the foundation to my system

New Pics!

Front
Closer view of Front
Electronics

Temp sticky at the request of yoyo
-Schadenfroh (AT Mod)

Last edited:

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/sp...decorating/04-22-2007/

Panasonic AE900U projecting onto 102" DIY screen

Onix Rockets RS550MKII speakers as fronts, rears
Onix Rocket RSC200 center
Onix Rocket RSS300 surrounds
SVS 20-39 PC+ and PC-Ultra as subs
Aura bass shakers in the seating

Boston Acoustics AVP-7 pre-pro
Boston Acoustics A7200 amp
Onkyo 603 bass shaker pre-pro
Sherwood 2030 bass shaker amp

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003

Yoyo, do you ever get any problems with that radiator being so close to the speaker? My apt, radiator's valve was slightly busted in that half the radiator would heat up thus warming up the side of that one speaker. I ended up shifting my entire room to get my stuff away from it :/

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Aug 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Tiamat

Yoyo, do you ever get any problems with that radiator being so close to the speaker? My apt, radiator's valve was slightly busted in that half the radiator would heat up thus warming up the side of that one speaker. I ended up shifting my entire room to get my stuff away from it :/

The front right speaker isn't quite as close to it as it looks in that picture.
https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/sp...Random/Front_Right.JPG

Anyway, now that I'm 100% in charge of the radiators in the apartment, I try to keep the ones in the livingroom off as much as possible so it's not an issue :D

V00DOO

Diamond Member
Dec 2, 2000
Not the best and no pics, but here are my setup:

Axiom M22 Front
Axiom VP150 Center
Axiom QS8 Rear
Axiom M3 for Rear 7.1
SVS 20-39 PCI subwoofer
Harmon Kardon AVR525 receiver
Home Made 109 wide screen with Infocus X1 Projection
Panasonic 42" Plasma
Xbox 360 for as HD-DVD's and DVD's

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Aug 6, 2001
Originally posted by: V00DOO
Not the best and no pics, but here are my setup:

Axiom M22 Front
Axiom VP150 Center
Axiom QS8 Rear
Axiom M3 for Rear 7.1
SVS 20-39 PCI subwoofer
Harmon Kardon AVR525 receiver
Home Made 109 wide screen with Infocus X1 Projection
Panasonic 42" Plasma
Xbox 360 for as HD-DVD's and DVD's

pic of M22s and VP150 for the masses ;)

venkman

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2007
Laugh at my horrible wiring. :)

Pic 1
Pic 2

Panasonic 42PX60U 42 " Plasma
Onkyo 604B HDMI AVR
Dish Network HD Receiver
2x Polk R50 Towers
Polk Csi65 Center
2x Polk R30 Rears (Not Pictured)
Dayton 12" Sub
Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD Player
Xbox 360 Preimum
Playstation 3

I'm planning on moving all this soon, when it's done i'll take some more pics.

venkman

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2007
Originally posted by: YOyoYOhowsDAjello

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/spmclaughlin/web/Random/Front_Right.JPG">https://mywebspace.wisc.edu......om/Front_Right.JPG</a>

Anyway, now that I'm 100% in charge of the radiators in the apartment, I try to keep the ones in the livingroom off as much as possible so it's not an issue :D

I want to know how in the hell you haven't been thrown out of your apartment with a setup like that. ;)

venkman

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2007
Originally posted by: doggyfromplanetwoof
God damn guys, buy some real furniture too!! Jeez.

Furniture is expensive. I'd rather spend the $$$ on more Gear. :)

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Aug 6, 2001
Originally posted by: venkman

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/sp...Random/Front_Right.JPG"><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/spmclaughlin/web/Random/Front_Right.JPG">https://mywebspace.wisc..........ront_Right.JPG</a></a>

I want to know how in the hell you haven't been thrown out of your apartment with a setup like that. ;)

I live above a bar :p

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Acer AL2016W
Sennheiser 555's
Grado SR-60's
No :camera: for another day or two... lost my camera :(

Quasmo

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2004
My awesome screen.
Seating
Table I made that houses all of my HT components
Projector

Panasonic AE700
P4 3.06 GHZ HT processor
Auzentech X-Mystique Sound card
1GB of ram
250GB HD for OS
2x300GB HD in JBOD for content
ATI Radeon 9600
X-10 Light control
DVI Detector
Logitech Harmony 880
MCE 2005

XBOX 360

HD Homerun (for QAM support in MCE2005)

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
Nice setups guys! Cabling is a b1tch, no way to really hide it unless you are really good with tieing them to vertical posts of the cabinets.

"Furniture is expensive. I'd rather spend the $$$ on more Gear. " Agreed :)

Quasmo -- Real screens are too damn expensive anyways (unless you DIY like yoyo) :)

So far I haven't gotten complaints from my music (i live in a "quiet" building). Ironically, the only complaint I got was when I was playing poker. The person living below me came up and complained about the poker chips noise! I was like, Oh is my music too loud, too much bass? and she said "Nope, just the poker chips".

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Aug 6, 2001
So far I haven't gotten complaints from my music (i live in a "quiet" building). Ironically, the only complaint I got was when I was playing poker. The person living below me came up and complained about the poker chips noise! I was like, Oh is my music too loud, too much bass? and she said "Nope, just the poker chips".

:laugh: what were you doing with them? ;)

Quasmo

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2004
Nice setups guys! Cabling is a b1tch, no way to really hide it unless you are really good with tieing them to vertical posts of the cabinets.

"Furniture is expensive. I'd rather spend the $$$ on more Gear. " Agreed :)

Quasmo -- Real screens are too damn expensive anyways (unless you DIY like yoyo) :)

I actually had a DIY screen. Same exact as Yoyo, but I threw it away because it was a hassle, and I think it looks prety good on my white wall. Now I can go bigger than 108" to 120".

Twinpeaksr

Aug 9, 2000
Marantz SR7400
Paradigm Monitor 7 Front
Paradigm CC370 Center
Paradigm Mini Monitor Rear
Paradigm APD370 Mid
Paradigm UltraCube 12 Sub
Denon DVD-1920 DVD
Mitsubishi HC3000 Projector - 720P HDMI feed from DVD player
Dalite Permwall Cinema Series 92" Screen
Custom curtains.

I have been able to reach 102dB before my ears said no more!

Off to a movie now, I will add pics soon...

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Hopefully by the end of summer, I'll have a whole new set of pictures to show you guys. Granted, it'll almost all be DIY stuff (the components, at least), so no fancy names. mostly Pass Labs designs though, with the permission of Mr. Nelson Pass. :D

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003

:laugh: what were you doing with them? ;)

Not sure I want to know what you are insinuating there :laugh: but, I guess that noise of the poker chips hitting the hardwood table we were using just got mechanically coupled to my neighbors room.

Originally posted by: EvilYoda
Hopefully by the end of summer, I'll have a whole new set of pictures to show you guys. Granted, it'll almost all be DIY stuff (the components, at least), so no fancy names. mostly Pass Labs designs though, with the permission of Mr. Nelson Pass.

DIY is awesome, I wish I had the skills and tools for it. Most of the fancy names all started as DIY, then got embellished by audio magazines :laugh:

Reactions: Williamwong

Alone

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2006
Yamaha HTR-5380
Paradigm 7s
Paradigm 3se
Paradigm 170CC
Cerwin-Vega sub
Dual 19" LCD's

Pics perhaps later.

Chapbass

Diamond Member
May 31, 2004
My current setup...not anything fancy atm, as im a college student an constantly moving, but heres the setup.

Westinghouse 47" 1080p LCD
Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra
HTPC

I've got a great deal on some of the HT klipsch stuff so ill be upgrading to that in a few months (probably either the 5.1 or 7.1 sets of the reference speakers for roughly $1000 for all of it, plus a receiver..probably sticking with 5.1 though). until then, the promedias do just fine for my crabby neighbors.

HTPC specs: C2D 4300
gigabyte DS3 MB
2gb Super Talent ddr2 667
Geforce 8500gt
NEC DVD-RW
Xbox 360 HDDVD drive
Beyond Media and Beyond TV with plugins
Logitech S510 wireless keyboard + mouse
Firefly Remote

http://img480.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0875hk0.jpg

http://img480.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0878vc6.jpg

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
Sharp 42" 1080p LCD
Denon 1906
Paradigm Studio 40 (front)
Polk R15 (rear)
80GB DT TiVo
Motorola HD-DVR
Xbox 360
Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD player (not pictured)
Harmony 880

Text.

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
I hope to be receiving the 37" version of that TV from Cosco soon. :)

Originally posted by: Chapbass
My current setup...not anything fancy atm, as im a college student an constantly moving, but heres the setup.

Westinghouse 47" 1080p LCD
Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra
HTPC

I've got a great deal on some of the HT klipsch stuff so ill be upgrading to that in a few months (probably either the 5.1 or 7.1 sets of the reference speakers for roughly $1000 for all of it, plus a receiver..probably sticking with 5.1 though). until then, the promedias do just fine for my crabby neighbors.

HTPC specs: C2D 4300
gigabyte DS3 MB
2gb Super Talent ddr2 667
Geforce 8500gt
NEC DVD-RW
Xbox 360 HDDVD drive
Beyond Media and Beyond TV with plugins
Logitech S510 wireless keyboard + mouse
Firefly Remote

http://img480.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0875hk0.jpg

http://img480.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0878vc6.jpg