Post-Partisan Depression

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Cool. I think I'm on Step 3 - Dream Again :)

I'm already planning how I'll help during the 08 election (and very lightly what can be done for 06) and have started up work on my Masters again--stupidly enough, I was holding off until after the election for God knows what reason...

Anyhow, thanks for posting this CsG...even though we don't agree politically ;)

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I don't know if there will be healing for the left.

As exhibited here, the vast majority of the left thinks the right is evil, most of the right understands the reason for the left's disquiet, but disagrees with their solutions.

I hate generalizations, but if it walks like a duck........

AFB

Lifer
Jan 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Squisher
I don't know if there will be healing for the left.

As exhibited here, the vast majority of the left thinks the right is evil, most of the right understands the reason for the left's disquiet, but disagrees with their solutions.

I hate generalizations, but if it walks like a duck........

You should move to a small town in N. Texas, your generalizations will change.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I don't understand the author's point. I am supposed to get over the fact that a tremendously mentally deranged individual has become President of the United States. I'm supposed to tale a walk in the park while my country dies of a cancer? It's not like we haven't been struck down by a tremendous disaster and there aren't millions of people out there as deaf dumb and blind as Caddy. Anybody who can see has to do what he can for evil succeeds when good people do nothing. The people who need healing must desperately are the people who voted for Bush. Those poor souls are in the clutches of evil. Whose depressed. There's holy work to do. A false god so far is winning the war. And we are murdering the people of Iraq.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
I don't understand the author's point. I am supposed to get over the fact that a tremendously mentally deranged individual has become President of the United States. I'm supposed to tale a walk in the park while my country dies of a cancer? It's not like we haven't been struck down by a tremendous disaster and there aren't millions of people out there as deaf dumb and blind as Caddy. Anybody who can see has to do what he can for evil succeeds when good people do nothing. The people who need healing must desperately are the people who voted for Bush. Those poor souls are in the clutches of evil. Whose depressed. There's holy work to do. A false god so far is winning the war. And we are murdering the people of Iraq.

Ofcourse you don't understand the point - self reflection is for everyone else - not the great moonie...:roll:

But hey, you never got over the 2000 election - so why should this one be any different.

CsG

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: sixone
And the conservatives who believe that something changed for the better on election day will have their own depression after the "honeymoon" is over. The government is too divided along party lines to get anything meaningful done.

Umm, no.

Maybe you should take a look at who controls congress and the house. Then take a look at which dems come from red states and think about which way their votes will swing.

Division is normal. People lost, people won. The main thing is work gets done and we have a successful finish in Iraq.

Please quit hoping that this presidency fails. Its not just the president, its the people who fail and you cannot use the excuse you voted for someone else.

"We the people" places us all in the same body.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY

Ofcourse you don't understand the point - self reflection is for everyone else - not the great moonie...:roll:

But hey, you never got over the 2000 election - so why should this one be any different.

CsG

Could you explain the point to me and why you posted, please? As I explained, a great evil has happened to our country. Why should I get over that? A great evil has happened to our country and I'm not getting over it. Nor am I getting over that Gore won in 2000. You can't get over the fact that there were more legal ballots Florida wide for Gore than Bush and you certainly can't get over the fact that the majority that intended to vote for Gore voted for Pat B. Of course I understand how YOU would think that others can get over reality. You did it long ago and now live in La La land.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY

CsG

Could you explain the point to me and why you posted, please? As I explained, a great evil has happened to our country. Why should I get over that? A great evil has happened to our country and I'm not getting over it. Nor am I getting over that Gore won in 2000. You can't get over the fact that there were more legal ballots Florida wide for Gore than Bush and you certainly can't get over the fact that the majority that intended to vote for Gore voted for Pat B. Of course I understand how YOU would think that others can get over reality. You did it long ago and now live in La La land.

A "great evil"? How do you know what is evil/good? ;)

But anyway - I would explain it to you if it wasn't already clearly laid out in the articles I posted...AND if you were actually open to the idea(which it's clear you are not).:)

:D - atleast you're good for a laugh moonie....gore won:p ...good thing laughing is good exercise.:D

CsG

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999

You truly believe "great evil has happened to this country" and "Gore won in 2000," but you're accusing CAD of living in "La La Land?" :confused:

Format C:

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger

You truly believe "great evil has happened to this country" and "Gore won in 2000," but you're accusing CAD of living in "La La Land?" :confused:

What he's actually saying is... "Won't you be my neighbor?"

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Gotta love the trolling in this thread, they didn't even bother to read the orig post...

Honestly, all gloating aside, our country needs a strong 2nd party, there are inherent dangers in a one party system...

Vote, and volunteer, everyone...

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: Format C:
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger

What he's actually saying is... "Won't you be my neighbor?"
:laugh:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Caddy: A "great evil"? How do you know what is evil/good?

M: Remember I asked: Could you explain the point to me and why you posted, please?

I'll answer you after you answer me.
=============
cKG: You truly believe "great evil has happened to this country" and "Gore won in 2000," but you're accusing CAD of living in "La La Land?" :confused:

Of course you are confused. Billions have been spent making sure you are. Do a google of Gore won and read some and you will discover that Gore won the Florida election in the only way that should matter. He had the most legal votes state wide. Had the state been recounted at the time of debate, Gore would have won. As to the disaster, oddly enough after I posted I went for a drive in the country to see how the red people live and I heard Richard Dawkins, of of the worlds leading intellectuals say on KQED that Bush is a disaster for the world. There you have it. My message is already beening adopted by thinking people everywhere. Not that you couldn't learn to think, but you have been spoon fed so many lies that you haven't examined it's almost impossible to. You need to understand that learning is unlearning and unlearning is hard, painful work. Not the kind of thing that comes naturally.......

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999

Of course you are confused. Billions have been spent making sure you are. Do a google of Gore won and read some and you will discover that Gore won the Florida election in the only way that should matter. He had the most legal votes state wide. Had the state been recounted at the time of debate, Gore would have won. As to the disaster, oddly enough after I posted I went for a drive in the country to see how the red people live and I heard Richard Dawkins, of of the worlds leading intellectuals say on KQED that Bush is a disaster for the world. There you have it. My message is already beening adopted by thinking people everywhere. Not that you couldn't learn to think, but you have been spoon fed so many lies that you haven't examined it's almost impossible to. You need to understand that learning is unlearning and unlearning is hard, painful work. Not the kind of thing that comes naturally.......

Ah.. again it comes back to this. Those who agree with your opinions are intelligent, enlightened individuals, while those who disagree with are are brainwashed and unthinking people without the capacity or will to "learn." :thumbsup:

For every "leading intellectual" of the world who agrees with your "message," you will be able to find another that disagrees entirely, and probably 18 more who have their own theories and speculations that have little to nothing in common with either extreme.

And I did search for "Gore won Florida 2000 election" and came back with an impressive 500K+ hits. But a search for "Bush won Florida 2000 election" came back with 3x that amount. What does that prove? Absolutely nothing.

So, which is more indicative of close-minded thinking, Moonie - someone who simply holds an opinion, or someone who hold an opinion, as well as believing that he must be right and the only explanation for differing opinions is that they are from sheep that have been spoon-fed lies and they cannot think for themselves? And just how high is that horse you sit on?

PS: Oh yeah, did you enjoy that drive through the country where the "red people" live? Weren't you scared of your vehicle being mistaken for some sort of devil-machine by the anti-intellectual inhabitants roaming around? You could have been accused of being a witch and burned at the stake - providing the dumb country-folk could have figured out how to use matches. :p