==== Post COOL and USEFUL programs here!!! STICKIED ====

bleuiko

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2001
Hey guys! Like the title says, post all you little gadgets, gizmos, and all those cool little (or not so little) programs that you use and find useful!!! Better yet if they're freeware cuz they really deserve to be noticed!

btw, don't post microsoft word or anything like that... you know, post stuff that not everyone knows about but should!!

and BUMP me! EDITED: Thanks Mods for the sticky :)

That's it for now! But I need more cool toys!! POST POST POST!!!

P.S. Excuse all the exclamation points; its late and i'm on a sugar high. =)!!!

bleu

Gorgonzola

Golden Member
Nov 22, 1999
Miranda ICQ
Icq without the bloat!
can now also communicate with MSN users.
the program itself is under 300kb, and you choose which plugins you need instead of installing all the crap from Mirabilis that you never use!

NEVERwinter

Dec 24, 2001
okay, these are (some of) my favourite freeware softwares:
- Winamp : audio player...
- Sasami2K : Advanced Media Player
- VirtualDub : AVI editor
- VCDgear : MPEG converter
- Ragnarok Online : game.. hehehehe....
- DivX CODEC : ......

joohang

Lifer
Oct 22, 2000

<< Miranda ICQ
Icq without the bloat!
can now also communicate with MSN users.
the program itself is under 300kb, and you choose which plugins you need instead of installing all the crap from Mirabilis that you never use!
>>

Sweet! And I hope it's more stable too (gee... well.. that's not too hard). I might actually reactivate my ICQ account again. Thanks.

*bump*

Gorgonzola

Golden Member
Nov 22, 1999
joohang, Miranda has never crashed for me. in earlier versions there was some compatibility problems with some versions of ICQ and also problems with file sharing, but that has all been sorted out now, so you should have no trouble at all.

danparkcityut

Mar 31, 2001
Assuming my links work (my keyboard doesn't always spell too well):

'K, I give. Guess you'll just have to cut and paste:

http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-1461989-100-5943130.html

In case you want to know what really loads when you boot windoze up, and how to control it...

and:

Irfanview

It's a great little graphics viewer.

Both free for the downloading...

edit: just as suspected. Well, this kb is only about 5 years old, so couldn't have been further than kindergarten yet

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
My favorite and most used freeware is Email Remover 2.4 by Victor Javier in Singapore.

It lets you see your POP3 box and look at all the headers and message parameters, then lets you select those you do not want, and it deletes them from your POP server BEFORE you ever download them. I get rid of all spam and some viruses that way without ever downloading them into my system. I use it every time I check mail. It works!

Email Remover

randypj

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I guess this is considered a cd-rom emulator? :
Daemon Tools

For checking the speed/quality of rips from your cd-roms and burners. This is also included in newer versions of Nero, I believe. They also have Nero Tools available for download on their page:
CD Speed 2000

Very helpful for W9x. Ends any programs running in the background that you preselect. With W98, I used it before I started a resource intensive game. May work with W2K and XP.....dunno. There might be a newer version somewhere.
EndItAll
--Randy

mariner

Golden Member
Nov 23, 1999
Some great apps here. Of course everyone is bound to have too many to list. Some I like:

Regcleaner get rid of all those dead keys
Motherboard Monitor if you overclock this is a must
CPUIdle if you overclock this type util is a must
EAC great for maiking mp3s
Zone Alarm great for monitoring incoming/outgoing activity
WinMX for locating those hard to find files

Hope all those links work :)

mariner

vital

Platinum Member
Sep 28, 2000
DiskDB allows you to store a database of all those data cd's you have in windows explorer style...i use it to catalog all my apps that i burn to cdr/w.

4-MP3 allows you to store a database of all those mp3's you have on any hd, tape, cdr, etc...pretty useful mass renaming and fuzzy logic search function as well.