Post a "crappy" movie you liked

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
An average-rated movie, but another Rutger Hauer movie I liked is Hobo with a Shotgun

eGVwZmJnMTI=_o_hobo-with-a-shotgun---jason-eisener---teaser-hd.jpg

mcurphy

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2003
Dirty Work - I love this "crappy" movie! I have always enjoyed Norm Macdonald's sense of humor.

220px-DirtyWork1998.jpg

SamQuint

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2010
I kind of liked Matrix 2 but 3 was just pure crap
And I liked about 5 minutes of the Phantom Menace

Blitzvogel

Platinum Member
Oct 17, 2010
You might be the only other person I know of that liked Freddy Got Fingered, besides my friend Mike (we were seniors in high school when it came out and were shitting ourselves in anticipation of it).

It's stupid as hell but that's the point, and it's damn entertaining like any other silly movie.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Geez, guys, there's a boatload of highly rated movies I haven't seen yet. Do you really expect me to pursue badly rated movies? :confused:

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Most people hate the 3rd Austin Powers movie (from what I've heard anyway) but I still liked it

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
Biker Babes in Zombie Town. It's obvious why it's a terrible movie and also obvious why you'll like it so it's a great title.

angminas

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2006
Star Trek 5 (my second favorite TOS movie, after 2...did not like 6)
Dune (vastly underrated imo)
The Stoned Age (blushing here)
The Scorpion King
Ever After (or just about anything with Drew Barrymore)
Beverly Hills Cop 3
The Bride
Starship Troopers (movie gets a lot better if you know a few parts to look away)

Time Bandits and Goonies are overrated. They're okay, and they have some classic bits, but I don't consider them classic movies.

TheGardener

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2014
Porky's was a crappy and low budget movie, besides being totally juvenile. But I had some good belly laughs watching it the first and second time. Haven't seen this in long, long time.

Big stars like Dan Monahan, Mark Herrier, Wayne Knight and Roger Wilson. Actually there were two people you would know. Alex Karras football great turned actor and Kim Kattrall, who became an A Lister. Kim was hot in the movie as you might expect. But her big scene of smelling guys' gym socks ready for the laundry, actually turned me completely off.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
zombieworld-jesus.jpg

Zombieworld, haven't laughed that hard in a long time it's that bad

Mar 11, 2004
Signs.

I can't even explain why I like it. Director sucks, the story sucks, the characters suck, I don't like most of the actors in it (other than Abigail Breslin I almost can't stand anyone in the cast), but somehow I find it very watchable. Something about the way it builds tension in its ridiculously stupid way just works for me though.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Signs.

I can't even explain why I like it. Director sucks, the story sucks, the characters suck, I don't like most of the actors in it (other than Abigail Breslin I almost can't stand anyone in the cast), but somehow I find it very watchable. Something about the way it builds tension in its ridiculously stupid way just works for me though.

I liked it.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
What I find amazing is "Mall cop 2" somehow cost $30 million to make, has hideous reviews yet has grossed $62 million so far. The human race defies any perceivable logic.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yeah I don't mind that movie. I prefer Waterworld out of his "bad" movies, but postman is fun too.

I like Waterworld quite a bit, always meant to watch the Postman, but never did. I always liked Costner.

Along similar lines of a leading actor playing essentially the exact same role in 2 separate, identical films: I enjoy the Patriot. It is Braveheart in the American revolution (I'm sure you guys have noticed--but they are the exact. same. movie.).

Anyway, it's pretty horrible but still enjoyable. Mel may be a loony toon, but damn he sure knows plotting!

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Space Hunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone
The World Beyond (I love this TV movie)
Angry Red Planet
Big Meat Eater