Poor Chicagoans...Flash Mobs and Unable to Properly Defend Themselves

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
So you stepped away from your original position that Genetics and Black Crime were related. Not sure if you're playing dumb...or...

I've received shitty services from fellow blacks before too. I've been treated like shit by blacks too. Ive had family members get mugged/robbed by blacks too

There isn't a grand conspiracy again you, white man.

People just have shitty attitudes. That's it.

Racist much??? Seems like you're just as racist as those you claim are racist.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
No. Edit: Or if its happened, I did not hear about it. I only keep close contact with my mother, sister, father, and grandparents. Anything beyond that is a mystery.

Yes, actually. I went into a Piano store to look at a Digital Piano that I had the money to buy. I'd saved all my Tuition refunds to get the damn thing. I walk into the store with my sister and we started looking around. There was an older white man working the showroom floor. He was sitting down when we came in and he just watched us the whole time we were in the store.

I stopped at one of the digital pianos and started checking the spec sheet when his stupid ass finally asked me if I needed something. I asked if I could play the model I was looking at and suddenly he is interested in getting up from his damn desk to help us.

I guess he thought I was just in there to mess around, but after I started playing a few pieces on the model I was looking at...suddenly he was interested in having me as a customer. His demeanor changed.

I left the store. Fuck that guy.

This wasn't some cheap keyboard from Best Buy. This was a Piano Showroom in Virginia and the digital was $3500. He didn't want to give us the time of day. He didn't greet us when we came into the store, he didn't get up. He didn't ask if he could help us today. Nada.

It was only until I started to test out the merchandise did he suddenly want to speak to me about Pianos.

And this story is evidence of racism how? Especially given:

I've received shitty services from fellow blacks before too. I've been treated like shit by blacks too. Ive had family members get mugged/robbed by blacks too

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Racist much??? Seems like you're just as racist as those you claim are racist.

Man..this thread can make a guy dizzy just trying to grasp it all
We should start a group to protect our racists.
Help conserve the KKK..they are/were a big part of the American Dream and culture.
Plant a tree today so our children will have no worries of finding a cross to burn

Sep 7, 2009
No. Edit: Or if its happened, I did not hear about it. I only keep close contact with my mother, sister, father, and grandparents. Anything beyond that is a mystery.

Yes, actually. I went into a Piano store to look at a Digital Piano that I had the money to buy. I'd saved all my Tuition refunds to get the damn thing. I walk into the store with my sister and we started looking around. There was an older white man working the showroom floor. He was sitting down when we came in and he just watched us the whole time we were in the store.

I stopped at one of the digital pianos and started checking the spec sheet when his stupid ass finally asked me if I needed something. I asked if I could play the model I was looking at and suddenly he is interested in getting up from his damn desk to help us.

I guess he thought I was just in there to mess around, but after I started playing a few pieces on the model I was looking at...suddenly he was interested in having me as a customer. His demeanor changed.

I left the store. Fuck that guy.

This wasn't some cheap keyboard from Best Buy. This was a Piano Showroom in Virginia and the digital was $3500. He didn't want to give us the time of day. He didn't greet us when we came into the store, he didn't get up. He didn't ask if he could help us today. Nada.

It was only until I started to test out the merchandise did he suddenly want to speak to me about Pianos.

Are you serious... This is your example of racism?? This is the very perfect definition of what I call 'racial blinders'... You paint EVERYTHING that upsets you as racist.

Society, from a racial aspect, is doomed unless you help change this terrible attitude. If a white person doesn't IMMEDIATELY jump to attention when a black person walks in, he must be racist. :rolleyes: I'm telling you, this is a terrible, terrible way to go through life. You will end up hating everyone. You will walk around jumpy and ready to attack anyone who you perceive as disrespectin' you. I mean it in the best way, that you really should seek some outside help for dealing with this.

Not that I had any doubts about your mindset before this, but this truly solidifies it. You are right there with classy, airdata, and the rest of the crew.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Are you serious... This is your example of racism?? This is the very perfect definition of what I call 'racial blinders'... You paint EVERYTHING that upsets you as racist.

Society, from a racial aspect, is doomed unless you help change this terrible attitude. If a white person doesn't IMMEDIATELY jump to attention when a black person walks in, he must be racist. :rolleyes: I'm telling you, this is a terrible, terrible way to go through life. You will end up hating everyone. You will walk around jumpy and ready to attack anyone who you perceive as disrespectin' you. I mean it in the best way, that you really should seek some outside help for dealing with this.

Not that I had any doubts about your mindset before this, but this truly solidifies it. You are right there with classy, airdata, and the rest of the crew.

Not to mention:

I've received shitty services from fellow blacks before too.

But yet as you said if a white guy "doesn't IMMEDIATELY jump to attention" he must be racist. And for all we know if he had "immediately jumped to attention" she would then be writing a story about how the white sales clerk was stalking her around the store because he was a racist who thought she was going to steal things.

And then people wonder we question the FBI statistics on "racially motivated crimes". :hmm:

Sep 7, 2009
Not to mention:

But yet as you said if a white guy "doesn't IMMEDIATELY jump to attention" he must be racist. And for all we know if he had "immediately jumped to attention" she would then be writing a story about how the white sales clerk was stalking her around the store because he was a racist who thought she was going to steal things.

And then people wonder we question the FBI statistics on "racially motivated crimes". :hmm:

Somewhat in her defense, she didn't just wake up one day with this type of attitude. It's something that was definitely taught (brainwashed?) after many, many years. It's evident in many of our members as well.... They see racism everywhere they look, they apply that racist label to ANYTHING they possibly can.

They literally go through life trying to find any way to paint that racist label on anything and everything. Is this cultural? What causes this?

And seeing how she feels deep down really does help explain why some of these people feel the way they do in our other 'racial' P&N threads.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
In the context you used it, yes.

Please do explain how calling him a "white man" in the context of my post is racist. He said blacks had it out for him because he was white in a black area, I responded saying that I have been treated similarly by blacks and I grew up in a black area. There is no conspiracy against him. People are just shitty. Period.

So funny you guys like to bitch about who is pulling the race card or calling people racist...but when you all do it, there's not a problem.

Geo's question:

I'm sure you've at least had some shitty service and been treated like shit by whites, right? Willing to share any stories?

I gave a good answer. Now the two resident name callers on P&N are saying I'm brainwashed....yet, Overvolt is not criticized for his stories of perceived racism. (Which he even said happened because he was white in a black area)

Did I ever say the guy in the Piano store was Racist? No. I said he might have been Prejudiced against me.

Anyway, you two keep rubbing your dicks together. I atleast enjoyed the conversation I had with Geosurface.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2009
<snip>

Anyway, you two keep rubbing your dicks together. I atleast enjoyed the conversation I had with Geosurface.

I love how you perpetuate this facade of a one-sided "anti racism" campaign yet you have no problems throwing around gay slurs just like this.

What a sad situation. And you don't even go in public because you hate it when people don't treat you like a special little princess? Wake up call... You are treated just the same as everyone else, no matter the skin color. You are not special.

It's 2013 for crying out loud, go get some help for your deep seeded racism. The rest of us are done and over it.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I love how you perpetuate this facade of a one-sided "anti racism" campaign yet you have no problems throwing around gay slurs just like this.

What a sad situation. And you don't even go in public because you hate it when people don't treat you like a special little princess? Wake up call... You are treated just the same as everyone else, no matter the skin color. You are not special.

It's 2013 for crying out loud, go get some help for your deep seeded racism. The rest of us are done and over it.

Gay slur? Are you serious?

I go out in public all the time. I'm out in public right now. I don't ask that people treat me like a princess but people need to do their jobs. Maybe you think a Salesperson being lazy or apprehensive about helping you to be OK, but I don't. Most people don't. Customer service is important.

I never said I was special.

What the fuck are you talking about? And oh yes, you are so right about my "deep seeded racism". I hate whites so much, you know. :whiste:

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Please do explain how calling him a "white man" in the context of my post is racist. He said blacks had it out for him because he was white in a black area, I responded saying that I have been treated similarly by blacks and I grew up in a black area. There is no conspiracy against him. People are just shitty. Period.

So funny you guys like to bitch about who is pulling the race card or calling people racist...but when you all do it, there's not a problem.

So in your words it's all good to call people Black Man/Boy/Woman/Girl, Yellow Man/Boy/Woman/Girl, or White Man/Boy/Woman/Girl when posting in the forum and it wouldn't be considered being racist.

I do believe that some people have been called out by the mods and given infractions or temporary bans for doing such in the forum

Sep 7, 2009
Gay slur? Are you serious?

I go out in public all the time. I'm out in public right now. I don't ask that people treat me like a princess but people need to do their jobs. Maybe you think a Salesperson being lazy or apprehensive about helping you to be OK, but I don't. Most people don't. Customer service is important.

I never said I was special.

What the fuck are you talking about? And oh yes, you are so right about my "deep seeded racism". I hate whites so much, you know. :whiste:

I am absolutely serious.

How about I tell you and classy to go pick some cotton together? Oh whoa whoa wait a second that's all the sudden racist. :rolleyes:

And you do think you're special. You're a kid, going into a high end piano shop. You are being "prejudiced" not due to your race but because you're just a kid, and most kids in piano shops are just playing around. You said yourself that once he realized you could play he was happy to help you. Yet still you use this as some 'example', it's so revolting to me.

It would be different if he actually made some racial comment and kicked you out.

But, and I know this is a HUGE wake up call, people in general are assholes. Just because you're treated poorly doesn't automatically make it some race issue.

And again... This mentality you (and others....) have is hugely detrimental to race relations. You think you're "helping" your culture/race/whatever by trying to make everyone super sensitive, but in reality it is nothing other than divisive.

Like I said earlier. It's 2013. Get the fuck over yourself.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
<snip. Don't care>

And you do think you're special. You're a kid, going into a high end piano shop. You are being "prejudiced" not due to your race but because you're just a kid, and most kids in piano shops are just playing around. You said yourself that once he realized you could play he was happy to help you. Yet still you use this as some 'example', it's so revolting to me.

It would be different if he actually made some racial comment and kicked you out.

But, and I know this is a HUGE wake up call, people in general are assholes. Just because you're treated poorly doesn't automatically make it some race issue.

And again... This mentality you (and others....) have is hugely detrimental to race relations. You think you're "helping" your culture/race/whatever by trying to make everyone super sensitive, but in reality it is nothing other than divisive.

Like I said earlier. It's 2013. Get the fuck over yourself.

That's funny...in one store I was a "kid" going into a high end Piano store that wasn't busy at all to buy something I had the money for. The Sales guy was being an ass until he found out I had money and that I could play. His problem not mine.

Store #2 MUCH more high end than the Piano shop in the storefront...and yet, I am greeted at the door regardless of how old I appear to be or what my interests appear to be. I was a CUSTOMER from the get go, all my questions were welcomed, my interests were welcomed, everything....yet Store #1 the experience was so different.

I'd give out the names of the Showrooms just so can compare and contrast how much more high end Store #2 was but I really don't care to continue talking to you about it.

I never said the guy was "Racist". I described his behavior and said that he MIGHT be prejudiced against me (and it could be for whatever reason)...but the point is, I FELT that he has a certain attitude about us..whatever the hell it was.

Geo agreed that it might have been racial bias or age bias or he's just a shitty old man working a shitty job. Whatever. It happened...whatever it was.

I don't care how "revolting" you think it is. I was asked if I ever felt like I was being treated like shit by someone who was white (in response to my "treated like shit by blacks" comment) by Geosurface.

I answered the question...now you seem keen on uncovering some secret hatred I have for whites. Why is it that Geo didn't start foaming at the mouth over my story and instead wanted to talk about it...but you and Nehalem are being drama queens?

How about you get the fuck over yourself? :rolleyes:

Sep 7, 2009
You've already made it clear.... White slurs are a-ok, calling people "white boys" and all that crap is acceptable to you. Gay slurs are also just fine, I'm not even going to quote it.

You're completely comfortable being racist against whites and are prejudiced and insulting towards gays.

But GOD FORBID that a white man doesn't jump to attention for you when you walk into a store.

You are a perfect example of the problems with race relations. I wish you would actually take a few steps back and think about how you feel about this, and why you act the way you do towards people that are different from you.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
yeah, you're right. I hate whites.

I also shouldn't expect sales people to do their jobs. You know, I'm not special or anything.

I only expected service you know.... because I'm a princess and stuff.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005

Na..
I generally find people to be quite friendly.
Maybe it's something about you that causes this reaction you see all the time.
You do kind of come off here in P&N as an asshole
Of course in real life, you could be that real quiet guy that mostly just avoids people

Sep 7, 2009
Na..
I generally find people to be quite friendly.
Maybe it's something about you that causes this reaction you see all the time.
You do kind of come off here in P&N as an asshole
Of course in real life, you could be that real quiet guy that mostly just avoids people

I guess you have nothing of value to add to the discussion?

Why don't you just PM me, or create a thread in L&R...

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
I like shehateme :hmm:

I guess you don't know peoples motivations so you never know if its racism or just lazy people. SpatiallyAware is almost like Colbert from the Colbert report saying he "can't see race." Which is of course ridiculous.

All this stuff is alot like the fact that black guys are more likely to get searched in a pull over by the cops. You can argue the cop is just doing his job and had reason to pull him over and is within his right to. Which is true.

Since you don't know what he is thinking it can't be chalked up to prejudice everytime, which is also true. But the fact remains black people are more likely to get pulled over and searched. There are tons of anomalies like this that are controversial.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/18383182/#.UVxi6ZPvvRY.

Sep 7, 2009
I like shehateme :hmm:

I guess you don't know peoples motivations so you never know if its racism or just lazy people. SpatiallyAware is almost like Colbert from the Colbert report saying he "can't see race." Which is of course ridiculous.

All this stuff is alot like the fact that black guys are more likely to get searched in a pull over by the cops. You can argue the cop is just doing his job and had reason to pull him over and is within his right to. Which is true.

Since you don't know what he is thinking it can't be chalked up to prejudice everytime, which is also true. But the fact remains black people are more likely to get pulled over and searched. There are tons of anomalies like this that are controversial.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/18383182/#.UVxi6ZPvvRY.

FWIW... I like her too. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to wake her up a little bit.

Why do you think black people are more likely to be pulled over? Is it because every cop is a raging racist, or is there maybe some other reason?

I think we, as a society, should be doing more than simply screaming "Thats rachist!" and trying to make that the end of the conversation. It's not any real solution to the major underlying problems.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Given crime stats wouldn't any cop who wasn't targeting blacks more for examination be failing at his job? Same if the cop is only frisking 90 year old Asian grandmothers... failure to react to reality in his line of work.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Why do you think black people are more likely to be pulled over? Is it because every cop is a raging racist, or is there maybe some other reason?

Maybe because areas with large numbers of black people have more crime and there are consequently more police there?

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
You have to take into account how black persons who have done the right things in life feel about being pulled over.

Contact with the police is very stressful for anyone. Now imagine that you are aware of the history of police treatment of african-americans.

It is wrong that someone can do all of the right things in life, against all the odds, and still be treated like so by the police.

Last edited:

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
You have to take into account how black persons who have done the right things in life feel about being pulled over.

Contact with the police is very stressful for anyone. Now imagine that you are aware of the history of police treatment of african-americans.

It is wrong that someone can do all of the right things in life, against all the odds, and still be treated like so by the police.

About the most racist rant I have seen. Nothing within that drivel is specific to race.

May your heart bleed to death?