POLL: Which is the Greatest Beatle?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Torghn
Originally posted by: mpitts
Originally posted by: yellowfiero
Originally posted by: Torghn Where's the "they all suck" option?
Without the Beatles, music today would be totally different. They changed everything.
I know, everything would have been much better. ;)
..and your favorite bands are?

I like classical music.

Then there are some of their songs that you should enjoy. Search them out.

EdipisReks

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2000
I like classical music.

don't you think that is a little narrow-minded? i mean, that excludes such greats as Beethoven after about 1800, Wagner, Bebussy, Brahms, not to mention such 20th century luminaries as John Cage and Poulenc. the list goes on and on. hell, you can't even like Bach or Albinoni if you only like classical. personally, i find the classical genre to be predictable and boring (with the exception of Mozart, and i dislike some of this works, especially the stuff before about 1783) but then i prefer music that isn't a buch of major-minor scalar progressions. have fun with your Pleyel.
rolleye.gif

[edited because i can't close my tags.]

Booster

Diamond Member
May 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Jfur
George

I'm not the biggest Beatles fan, I'm not old enough for that, but I know all the three Beatles except 'George'. I know John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr but who for God's sake is 'George'? I wondered about that not long ago w/o any connection with this thread when I was thinking about the Beatles. I'm too lazy to research so I voted 'George' b/c he's the only famous Beatle I have no idea who he really is.

Booster

Diamond Member
May 4, 2002
Originally posted by: EdipisReks
the late George Harrison was their primary guitarist.

Yeah, George Harrison. I remember the name, but almost nothing special about his personality. He must be a quiet man. <--- Pls forgive my ignorance.

Booster

Diamond Member
May 4, 2002
well, he's very quiet now except for the sounds of worms munching his bones.

You mean he's also dead? Oh man... Now I guess Paul is the only Beatle alive so he's the best maybe.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Booster

You mean he's also dead? Oh man... Now I guess Paul is the only Beatle alive so he's the best maybe.

Hehe poor Ringo, he always gets the shaft.

John was the greatest Beatle while he was still kickin, but now I would have to say it's Paul since in a way he has kept the Beatles alive in all the years since.

SludgeFactory

Platinum Member
Sep 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Booster

Ringo is still among the living...

And George is the coolest :cool:

Booster

Diamond Member
May 4, 2002
So I guess it was George and not Ringo who died from cancer not long ago. It's good that there're 2 of them still alive.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
IIRC, he was cremated and his ashes poured into the Ganges.

tbates757

Golden Member
Oct 5, 2002
Ringo, not because he was the most talented but his name is Ringo Starr! How sweet is that...

Sacotool

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2000
My favorite Beatle has always been John. I always liked his Beatle songs the best. You gotta love the psychedelic songs! A Day in the Life is my favorite, along with Tomorrow Never Knows, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, and the list goes on and on. I just never got into Paul's sappy songs. These days, Paul seems like an arrogant SOB. My friend bought the "Back In The US Tour" DVD and we watched it the other night. He seems to think the whole world revolves around himself.

Analog

Lifer
Jan 7, 2002
Originally posted by: tbates757
Ringo, not because he was the most talented but his name is Ringo Starr! How sweet is that...

you don't really believe that's his real name?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Elvis

Beatles are nothing but the invention of the "boy band."

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Carbonyl
Elvis

Right. And which Beatles records have you listened to?

Nevermind the fact that and one of the greatest and most influential bands in the history of rock and roll.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: mpitts
Originally posted by: Carbonyl
Elvis

Right. And which Beatles records have you listened to?

Nevermind the fact that and one of the greatest and most influential bands in the history of rock and roll.

I'll admit I was a little harsh, I take it back. I do own quite a bit of thier cd's and it's good music. I was mainly talking about the swooning 12 yr old girls at thier early concerts like Nsuck. But the beetles wrote most of it and were instumental just over rated IMO without soul like the KING.