Poll: Was the creation of the Jan 6 select committee legitimate?

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Is the select committee on the Jan 6 insurrection legitimate?

• Total voters

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Vindictive is usually used to describe someone who's known for frequently seeking revenge. It can also be used to describe the vengeful actions of such a person. ... Vindictive people retaliate against others for any insult or perceived slight. Vindictive people do not let things go.

Sounds familiar. Like conservatives, constantly. In fact, that's their whole deal.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
When will I be getting some examples so I can see what you are talking about?

Lol, besides, the perceived vindictiveness doesn't make the committee less legit either. R's could've offered reasonable options, but McCarthy chose not to. He either did it intentionally or thought Pelosi would be soft

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Lol, besides, the perceived vindictiveness doesn't make the committee less legit either. R's could've offered reasonable options, but McCarthy chose not to. He either did it intentionally or thought Pelosi would be soft

I like how Pelops is vindictive because she offered a compromise to having people who obviously don’t give two shits about the investigation.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I like how Pelops is vindictive because she offered a compromise to having people who obviously don’t give two shits about the investigation.
They def give 2 shits about making an investigation into Congresspersons who incited a riot at the Capitol while Congress was in session go away. I'd say they probably give 3 or 4 shits about that.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You won't....

I didn’t think I would but I thought I’d give you an opportunity to prove me wrong. But now we all know, including you, that your comment was based on nothing more than what your media has told you to feel and think.

I personally would be disgusted with myself if I repeated blatant talking points and wasn’t capable of actually verifying said talking points but I guess that’s the difference between you and me, I have self respect.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Man baby can’t back up his assertion, must be a day that ends in y.
The goal of every troll is to make the discussion about themselves rather than the topic at hand. That's how you can tell you're being trolled.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

If someone gave a shit about the investigation, they wouldn't be a Republican in the first place.

It is well established that Jan 6th was a partisan attack on the Capitol and our election process for seating a new President.
It is well established that Republicans still largely support those responsible.

They are an organization that betrayed this Democracy, and who not only want to get away with it - but would gladly do it again. Or worse. Much worse.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You won't....
Of course you won't because you've been proven wrong. You just ain't man enough to admit it.

If Pelosi had formed the select committee from the start you would have had a valid argument for vindictive. Now that Republicans turned down the completely equal power sharing independent committee the select one is Nancy just doing her job. If she didn't there would be no investigation.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
If someone gave a shit about the investigation, they wouldn't be a Republican in the first place.

It is well established that Jan 6th was a partisan attack on the Capitol and our election process for seating a new President.
It is well established that Republicans still largely support those responsible.

They are an organization that betrayed this Democracy, and who not only want to get away with it - but would gladly do it again. Or worse. Much worse.
And now we see the inevitable results of endless bothsidererism, if even just a taste.

Reactions: hal2kilo

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
There is a difference. I specifically said the opposite.
There is no difference. When the Republicans refused the deal that in your own words was the best they could ask for, what options did the Democrats have left?

Not investigate.
"Unfairly" investigate.
Continue asking Republicans to take the deal.

Is there some other option you think they have? If not, which option above should they have chosen since you assert that choice 2 has to be unfair.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Why is the only other alternative to cancel the investigation? That doesn't make any sense. They could work this out if they would try. They are all being too partisan to do anything right.

I think the investigation into Jan 6 is the proper thing to do and all those that broke laws should be punished as the law dictates.

I said it already. They should have taken the deal as it was instead they turned it down and played right into vindictive Nancy's spider web and now they are stuck. As far as legitimate goes in my opinion it isn't legitimate due to the committee being practically one sided. When the Dems have a select committee where Democrats are the majority and have sole subpoena power.

The Dems should be a majority as they are the ruling party in the house, but the republicans should be represented by their choice of representatives and should also have subpoena powers.

I know it's legal, doesn't mean it is how it should be. If the shoe was on the other foot you guys would feel the same. I'm not upset by it as you want to make it seem. Life goes on and so will I...
So Repubs should have taken the deal, but it's all Pelosi's fault they didn't. Cuz vindictive. Gotchya.
Fuck off, clown.
Make sure you pick all the good parts and leave out all of the context....
:rolleyes:
You have no "legitimate" context to put in. You are a disingenuous lying c*nt.
I won't waste my time on you.
Maybe you understand MY position towards you and the rest of the clown c*nts here, then. But I doubt it.
What should have Nancy done since Republicans rejected the independent power sharing committee?

What action that you wouldn't call vindictive.
It doesn't matter as she is going to do what she is doing anyway.
Anything and everything that Pelosi does is vindictive in his mind. Her simply breathing oppresses his feels. :rolleyes:
As I have said all along, I don't want it let go either.
The only thing you won't let go of is blaming Pelosi and Democrats for McCarthy's decision (which was solely his own idiocy) and the fallout from that idiocy.
There is a difference. I specifically said the opposite.
No, you didn't, liar.
You won't....
And one of the only HONEST posts I've ever seen from you. Ever.
Only two words, but at least you admitted that you have no intention of backing up your bullshit.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I mean, if we want to talk about being vindictive then "You didn't repeat the party-approved talking points on this one issue so we're going to kick you out of the party" sounds pretty vindictive to me.

(It also sounds like something that would happen in a country like China or North Korea.)

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I mean, if eyewash to talk about being vindictive then "You didn't repeat the party-approved talking points on this one issue so we're going to kick you out of the party" sounds pretty vindictive to me.

(It also sounds like something that would happen in a country like China or North Korea.)
And remember, Cheney is SUPER right wing! She agrees with them on essentially everything except for whether or not an attempted insurrection where 5 people died should be investigated.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
And remember, Cheney is SUPER right wing! She agrees with them on essentially everything except for whether or not an attempted insurrection where 5 people died should be investigated.
She voted with Trump more than good old Kevin.

Reactions: Pohemi

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The deepest but unconscious feeling that people carry with them is that they are worthless. Everyone knows that in order to gain friendship and advantage over people you just have to flatter them. And every psychopath and sociopath is more than willing, even eager, to manipulate people to their own personal advantage by playing on those feelings. You can flatter and promise to fill that void by making them feel important is some way. What better thing can you offer a person who believes he or she is a real American than to offer them membership is a group whose aim is to Make America Great Again. The need to feel valuable owing to the depth of the opposite feeling is, for those who sleep to it, unbelievable profound. Once you give people a sense of value, no matter how false that value really is, no matter how dangerous it is to others, how selfish, how absurd, how evil, they will cling to it because it would be just like jumping off a life raft and swimming out into the open sea. To have lost self respect and have it replaces with whatever, no matter how worthless it may actually be, feels just like being saved. This need is so deep people Gaetz and Jordan do not really penetrate. There is too much ego at stake.

Reactions: Pohemi

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The deepest but unconscious feeling that people carry with them is that they are worthless. Everyone knows that in order to gain friendship and advantage over people you just have to flatter them. And every psychopath and sociopath is more than willing, even eager, to manipulate people to their own personal advantage by playing on those feelings. You can flatter and promise to fill that void by making them feel important is some way. What better thing can you offer a person who believes he or she is a real American than to offer them membership is a group whose aim is to Make America Great Again. The need to feel valuable owing to the depth of the opposite feeling is, for those who sleep to it, unbelievable profound. Once you give people a sense of value, no matter how false that value really is, no matter how dangerous it is to others, how selfish, how absurd, how evil, they will cling to it because it would be just like jumping off a life raft and swimming out into the open sea. To have lost self respect and have it replaces with whatever, no matter how worthless it may actually be, feels just like being saved. This need is so deep people Gaetz and Jordan do not really penetrate. There is too much ego at stake.
Jim Jones used this very playbook