POLL! Spot the "Assault Weapon"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Which image choice is the assault weapon.

• None of them

• All of them

• 1 and 2

• 1 and 3

• 2 and 3

Results are only viewable after voting.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Honestly I think this thread should be NSFW or NSFS. Opening up a website filled with guns will raise people's suspicions in liberal states.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I'm too gun stupid to know. All I know is that I must feel inadequate cause I don't have any of them.:(

Broheim

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2011
none of them but in reality all of them, because all guns scare the people who came up with the term "assault weapon" and any weapon that scares them is an assault weapon...

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
So if they are all the same what's the attraction in making #1 look like #3?

I thought they were just tools. I don't stick a bunch of extra crap on my hammer and paint it black.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000

I thought they were just tools. I don't stick a bunch of extra crap on my hammer and paint it black.

A car is a tool, but people stick spoilers, decals, tinting, and all sorts of bling on them. I know of plenty of other tools that get blinged out as well. Just depends on the person and what they like to personalize.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
A car is a tool, but people stick spoilers, decals, tinting, and all sorts of bling on them. I know of plenty of other tools that get blinged out as well. Just depends on the person and what they like to personalize.

A car is not just a tool. It can be a tool to some people but it certainly isn't to the people that you're describing.

Pantoot

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2002

You don't.
An assault hammer?
31C6%2B%2BFlCbL.jpg

Broheim

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2011

or if you don't want the one in the the post above mine you can always get one of these

hammers2(1).jpg

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
If a car isn't just a tool then what is it? A family member? An outside pet?

I said a car can be a tool.

A device to serve a purpose.

Once you start sticking spoilers on and hours polishing and tuning its no longer really just a tool. (Unless you happen to be in formula 1 or similar)

Tell you what, go look up what fetishise means.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
they're fucking hammers dude...

Hammer as a tool = device for banging nails in kept in a toolbox.

Hammer lovingly modded with extras and painted black, polished daily and practiced with daily. Kept on wooden rack in lounge and photos posted on various websites starting debate about minutiae of usage and semanics is no longer just a tool.

Broheim

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2011
Hammer as a tool = device for banging nails in kept in a toolbox.

Hammer lovingly modded with extras and painted black, polished daily and practiced with daily. Kept on wooden rack in lounge and photos posted on various websites starting debate about minutiae of usage and semanics is no longer just a tool.

uhm, yeah it's still a tool, the owner just really cares about his/her tool...