Poll: Racial makeup of OT

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DABANSHEE

Banned
Dec 8, 1999
Shuxclams, the term Eurasian referred originally to the offspring (& their decendents) of European traders & their Asian mistresses in places like Hong Kong, French Indo-China & the Netherlands East-Indies. In many communities like Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangalore, etc, the Eurasians formed a seperate community group themselves & tended to mainly intermarry other Eurasians. As they were looked down on by both the colonial power & the natives. They often became a essential part of the civil services in those plaves to, as they could comminicate with both camps.

I know as I'm Eurasian myself, my dad is from the Netherlands East-Indies, however his mother is Russian (she was actually born in the Imperial Russian colony of Port Arthur in China) & his father was a 1/4 Javanese, a 1/4 Dutch & 1/2 Danish. Which makes my father 1/8 Javanese & me 1/16 Javanese. It doesnt sound like much, but as European genes (well the ones that dictate appearance) tend to become reccesive when they are crossed with darker races, I look virtually as Eurasian as somone who's 1/2 caucasian & 1/2 Asian.

To complicate matters, if you go back to the 13th Century, the Danish side has German in it (it's good that my dad's eldest brother is a Danish Baron as our family has a entry in the Danish Book of Heraldry, as it shows all the ancestors on that side of the family back to the 13th Century. It also means I'm 2rd in-line to become a Danish baron, as my uncle has no children & I'm the eldest son) & there's French, Italian & Jewish blood on the Russian side.

My mum is of traditionalAnglo/Celtic Australian stock (English, Scottish & Irish), & there were what were in those days consided nasty rumours that my mum's, mum was part Aboriginal (she was an orphan). As she has an olive complexion & other Aboriginal like features, such as a broad nose. Her mother was thought to be a prostitute as she had 15 kids over about a 12 year period & every single one ended up in an orphanege & was adopted out, plus she lived in the dockside slum of 'The Rocks' before the slums were cleared out in 1910 because of the plague.

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
ACK! Then thats wrong wrong wrong....:Q Apologies all around! I will change to eastern euopean........yikes.

SHUX

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
whats the difference between asian and asian american. I'm an immigrant, so i guess i'm asian american, but i am asian also. oh well i marked asian, it was higher up on the list

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Just in case any "newbies" missed this in the search function...............:D

SHUX