Poll: Racial makeup of OT

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
Dirk: i think you are taking this way too far into an extreme. sure wer aer all ppl and we are a single unique personality, but i am sure shux didnt mean to "band" races together or form tribes. and honestly if anyone uses this poll to decide who to talk to or who to mean an ass to, then dont worry i am sure i nor you would want to talk them either way.

dam(the racist bastards)

Ulfwald

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
May 27, 2000
Well, I have always believed that there should only be one race on this earth, the HUMAN race, which is made up of many colors. Sort of like a box of Crayons, each color by itself is unique, but when all gathered together, make up a vast assortment of knowledge and talent. Each brings his/her own strengths into this world, which may be someonelse's weakness.

What mostpeople donot realize is that we are all on this earth, we need to work together to make it work.

BTW, how about Celtic American Indian.

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
DAM

i think white washed hispanic means a hispanic person that does not fit into what most white people think of when they think of hispanics. for example,i would wager that a white person when asked to describe a hispanic man would say: dark skinned (but not black), stocky, big mustach, leaf blower on his back (j/k i am colombian myself), when in accualtity hispanics can be very white-europian looking due to thier spanish decent (yes spain is in europe). so you have darker mexican and puerto-rican hispanics and lighter spainish and southamerican hispanics as well as the people of central american who are heavly mixed with the native indians of that land and costal,island people who are heavly mixed with africans due to the slave trade. so there you have it white washed dark skinned and other.....:D

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Get off your pc horse if you think shux is doing this to in some way single out anyone! Whats wrong with knowing what your race is? Its pretty cool to know I think. Why should we all try to be exact same, its not like there is something wrong with coming from different countries is it? Thats just taking things too far... :p

I clicked a box but i'll bet you dont know which one ;)

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
ok im confused, whats the difference between asian, asian american, and eruasian, is this just a geographical difference?

dam()

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
that IS a geographical diffrence because there is nothing else that binds them together. there is no shared cultuer or language so it has to be geographical.:)

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< whats the difference between asian, asian american, and eruasian >>

Eurasian are people from the slovic countires and russia'ish...:p

Asians are from asia and Asian-American are American born asians.

SHUX

Fathom4

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2000
Hmmm, let see if I can remember them all:

Welsch
English
Irish
Scottish
Dutch
German
Native American

I guess just classify me as an American?

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
im with read i dont think ive ever heard anyone from those places called an asian derivative..

Is Lithuania,Estonia and the Ukraine considered Euarasian?

dam()

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I think so Red, they arent Scandinavian as my best friend is Latvian. :) Most all of the region that used to be the Warsaw Pact is considered Eurasia.

As in Europe - Asia, europeasia, eurasia......LMAO! :D

SHUX

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Actaully I am all ears on any of this, if someone knows the exact description of &quot;Eurasia&quot; I'd love to hear it as well as What would someone from Pakistan or India etc... be placed?

SHUX

Henry Kuo

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2000
only 7 people from are Asians? Hmm, that's lower than what I expected. I add one to that.

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< middle-east american like I am 90% german with a tint of syrian where am I??? >>

I have Arab-American on that list, if the &quot;tint of Syrian&quot; is what you identify with then by all means put yourself down as Arab-American.

SHUX

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
henry,

if you count asian and asian-american that makes 14 votes. that also makes asians the second largest population on the board, right behind whites with 66% oh the oppression ;):confused:

HigherGround

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2000
Eurasian are people from the slovic countires and russia'ish

Since when central Europe is being considered as a part of Asia? the divider between Asia and Europe is in the Ural mountain range, which is nowehere close to the central European countries. If you want to make a distinction between western and eastern Europe than do just that - add Western Europe and Eastern Europe options, but for gods sakes don't call people who live smack in the middle of geographical Europe Euroasians.

Nutcase99

Golden Member
Dec 22, 1999
Someone from Pakistan like ME would be placed in the Pakistani catagory that you forgot to add. :Q