Poll: POLL: Jet Li or Jackie Chan?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Spook

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 1999
Isnt this like comparing Chris Rock and Bruce Willis... They have completely diferent styles. Apples and oranges...

dl

Banned
Oct 29, 1999
why? they are both actors, specifically in the action/martial arts department...so why's this a bad comparison?

now chris rock and bruce IS a silly comparison...

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
Jackie Chan has had a lifetime of training in Chinese opera; which includes singing, tumbling, fighting, and of course, silly facial experssions. His style is a mix of everything he has learned, and is more of a tribute to the past stars of Chinese opera than it is a practical fighting style. Jet Li is a no-nonsense, hit you once, hit you again, snap your neck, then try to ask a question kinda guy. His training is solely in martial arts, so of course, he will be a better fighter. I find both men fun to watch, but Jackie Chan is a much better actor/director in my opinion-he just seems more alive and colorful.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
LOL, Sammo rules! You've got to have respect for a guy that's as nimble as he is, despite his size.

Aug 23, 2000
Jackie Chan is by far the better actor. Check out Crime Story if you wanna see him in a serious roll.

Jet Li is no doubt a great fighter but he doesn't have the improvisional skillz of Jackie. If Jet was in First Strike he wouldn't have thought to use a ladder against an angry mob. He would be "Oh I'm Jet Li, I have wires and neat camera tricks to help me do stunts."

Jackie IS the better actor because he cares enough about his movies that he will do all his own stunts so it looks as real as possible.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Hahaha, "I have wires..." LOL.

I've heard of Jet Li's fighting style referred to as Wire Fu before. :)

BiB

Banned
Jul 14, 2000
jeff

See, thats why I hate Jackie Chan. You can't use a ladder in a real fight against a mob.

Jet Li may like wires, jackie chan likes to choreograph everything to the point of tedium.

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
Direct quote from Martial Law tv show, starring Samo:

Guy: Hey pops. Aren't you a lille out of shape?
Samo: Not out of shape. Just fat.
(Samo proceeds to beat the crap out of everyone in the room)

:D

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Jackie's buddy Yuen Bao is my Fav... check him in Dragon Forever, and Meals on Wheels... He's fast and funny

JettaJack

Aug 9, 2000
Chow Yun Fat is the best chinese actor ever~ but Jackie Chan is better than Jet Li. About Sammo you have to give him mad respect for his size.