Poll: POLL: Jet Li or Jackie Chan?

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Jackie Chan for the acting because of the comedy aspect. Jet Li is the better fighter.

Ne0

Golden Member
Nov 4, 1999
Yes I agree, Jet Li is a better fighter but Jackie Chan is a better actor/comedian.

thelanx

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2000
It is hard to compare the two because Jackie Chan is more of a funny actor while Jet Li is more of a fighting actor.

BiggieN

Banned
Apr 3, 2000
how about in a fight? they are both kung-fu masters but jet li was a national champion in china.

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< anyone gonna see the newly released chan movie >>

It was actually originally released in Hong Kong back in 1994. Now it's going to have that cheesy dubbing. :|

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Kurt is right, Bruce would slap them both. :)

But for the question at hand, it's been answered well enough. Jet Li is a better fighter, but Jackie is much more entertaining.

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
prodigy, i know it was releasd before and this was a re-release. thats why i said newly released, implying that it is new in america, didnt think it would cause confusion

The Wildcard

Platinum Member
Oct 31, 1999
It comes down to this. Jet Li practices and uses real shao lin kung fu straight-up from china. That's the real stuff. Jackie Chan? I don't know what the hell kind of kung fu he practices or knows.

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< It comes down to this. Jet Li practices and uses real shao lin kung fu straight-up from china. That's the real stuff. Jackie Chan? I don't know what the hell kind of kung fu he practices or knows >>

Yes, but the original question is who is the better actor.

Celstar

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 1999
Actually... Jet Li is the better actor as well. He did some really good stuff that is avalible only in Chinese. Jackie Chan is a great comedian, but if you want to compare their acting, Jet Li's got Jackie Chan beat.

Jet Li is also the better fighter.

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Hey Celstar, totally off topic of the thread, but what happened to you in the fantasy b-ball league?

JettaJack

Aug 9, 2000
Well Maybe a true asian will know that Jackie Chan is better than Jet Li at Acting, Ya have to see his old movies like around 88-92. He Acts way better than Jet Li, I mean Jet Li is nice too but Chan did way more movies and he can really act. I will post the name of the movie that he did much acting instead of fighting as soon as i remember the name. btw they both kick asses anyway~

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
It's gotta be Billy Blanks.......... TaeBo master ;)

But seriously, between the 2 I'd say Jackie :)

If you included Bruce Lee......... of course it would be the'Dragon' :)

Cheers,
Aquaman

Celstar

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 1999
prodigy, my team couldn't keep up with the top guys and errr... there was that conflict halfway that soured it for me. I'm still hanging on to the middle spot.

BiB

Banned
Jul 14, 2000
The only thing entertaining about Jackie Chan is when I have dreams about him getting killed. Its weird - it seems a bunch of people here like his movies but I don't know anybody personally that can stomach to finish a single one. Its like a bloody cartoon! His stupid grin and the way he fights like he is constantly surprised about whats happening and tries to make it all seem like luck when he hits somebody. grr I can't watch it!

BiB

radiocore

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2000
I think that its partially due to the fact that most of the movies from hong kong are really badly dubbed. If you watched it in the original format, in chinese, you would appreciate it much more ;)
they both good in my opinion...why compare? maybe have them both in a new movie?

Gorgonzola

Golden Member
Nov 22, 1999
i dont really understand why people call jackie chan a comedian, i dont think he is funny, i just reckon he is an awesome stuntman, thats why i watch his movies :)

dl

Banned
Oct 29, 1999
Yes! the question is: who's the better actor, not the better fighter...