Poll Obama worst President since WW2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
I wasn't a Clinton fan at the time, but I honestly don't remember anyone saying that Clinton was worse than Jimmy Carter back in the 90s.

Yes, I guess you forgot his approval rating when he left and the fact Republicans tried to Impeach him.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Screw you guys. I actually like Carter.

Did he take away guns?
Did he raise taxes?
Did he sign revoke glass stegal and have bank busts under him?
Did he offshore economy?

Naw he was victim of foreign oil cartels and FED - two things beyond his control.

I like Reagan too but his junta operations in south America are kinda responsible for immigration issues we got now.

Last edited:

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
I wasn't a Clinton fan at the time, but I honestly don't remember anyone saying that Clinton was worse than Jimmy Carter back in the 90s.

For the most part clinton tried. He promoted certain reforms, the economy grew, he tried to get education reform passed.

Inequality for All with Robert Reich is on netflix. The documentary goes into great detail about how clinton and Robert Reich tried to get certain economic and education reforms passed.

What is obama doing? Shipping tens of thousands of illegals into the nation, student debt at all time high, out of control national debt, killing us citizens without due process,,,, and the list goes on and one.

Besides handing the insurance companies a gift horse, obama has been a failure of a president.

In the 1990s I hated clinton with a passion.

Using obama as a standard of judgement, clinton as a great guy.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Yes, I guess you forgot his approval rating when he left and the fact Republicans tried to Impeach him.

Even with that, I don't remember anyone saying he was a worse President than Carter. Yes, many said Carter's character was better than Clinton's character and I'd agree with that.

TexasHiker said:

If I had to choose any President to have a beer with, Clinton would be the guy. He'd probably know all the great strip clubs too. :D

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
For the most part clinton tried. He promoted certain reforms, the economy grew, he tried to get education reform passed.

Inequality for All with Robert Reich is on netflix. The documentary goes into great detail about how clinton and Robert Reich tried to get certain economic and education reforms passed.

What is obama doing? Shipping tens of thousands of illegals into the nation, student debt at all time high, out of control national debt, killing us citizens without due process,,,, and the list goes on and one.

Besides handing the insurance companies a gift horse, obama has been a failure of a president.

In the 1990s I hated clinton with a passion.

Question, what is the republican answer on Student Debt? What is the Republican answer on killing citizens without due process?

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
By far Carter was the worse President since WWII and to think I actually voted for his version of Hope and Change.

Nixon was no picnic either. For every good thing he did there's at least 1 or 2 stupid things he did and some really incredibly stupid things like wage and price controls.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Who would make a good president? McInsane? Reid? Mitch "I dont care about 50% of the people" Romney? Hitlary? None of the above you dont get to those levels anymore without being bought and sold so all we have is crap they let us vote for.

I didn't say we had any wonderful options, though we do have more options in the primaries to push forth candidates that are not complete idiots. But we (as the voting public) don't, so we end up with idiot community organizers and dolts like Bush. For the record, yes, Mitt would have been far better (which isn't saying much).

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Obama's already low approval rating is two and a half times that of Congress these days. :eek:

The government in general isn't engendering a lot of faith from the populace lately. I imagine if they could actually be bothered to go about the business of running the country for a while that could improve.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Obama's already low approval rating is two and a half times that of Congress these days. :eek:

The government in general isn't engendering a lot of faith from the populace lately. I imagine if they could actually be bothered to go about the business of running the country for a while that could improve.

The problem is that we have republican party that has 0 interest in governing. How can the government be effective when one party holds it hostage?

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
By far Carter was the worse President since WWII and to think I actually voted for his version of Hope and Change.

I can't even consider this to be slightly serious considering both Nixon and Reagan both committed treason.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Question, what is the republican answer on Student Debt?

The documentary "Inequality for All" spells it out perfectly.

Tax the wealthy, use that tax money to provide free higher education for all.

Bring back unions.

What is the Republican answer on killing citizens without due process?

My answer as a republican, capture the person and bring them to trial.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I can't even consider this to be slightly serious considering both Nixon and Reagan both committed treason.

lol hack. Between between Bush and Obama they almost completely overthrown the Constitution. I'll take missiles and theft anyday over that.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The problem is that we have republican party that has 0 interest in governing. How can the government be effective when one party holds it hostage?

The GOP has become a pretty hot mess of tea party nuts, megalomaniacs, leftover social conservatives, and remnants of the old guard who actually remember how to occasionally govern. That's not a caucus that can be led anywhere. The exceedingly low congressional approval rate puts even what should be substantial gains in the midterms (as per typical electoral conditions) for the GOP at risk.

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
43d298d3-867c-4919-93cd-341fb20453ba-Prez-poll_1.png

Obama Is First As Worst President Since WWII
"Over the span of 69 years of American history and 12 presidencies, President Barack Obama finds himself with President George W. Bush at the bottom of the popularity barrel," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.

Can't we blame this on Bush? Think about it. If Bush would have been worse, Obama wouldn't be first in the worst president poll.

Uno

Last edited:

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
lol hack. Between between Bush and Obama they almost completely overthrown the Constitution. I'll take missiles and theft anyday over that.

Actually, both Bush and Obama have had their issues. There's not anything indicating that Obama violated the Constitution, Bush violated the Constitution with the torture but it is not to the level of treason. Reagan's selling of weapons does constitute treason, and in Nixon's case his treason was actually before his election where there is a lot of evidence he intentionally wrecked peace talks in Vietnam to help his chances during the Presidential election, that's treason.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

Derp derp. Maybe if one party wasn't hell bent on destroying our culture and country, the other wouldn't have to play defense against it all the time and they could focus on actually doing something useful.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I'm pretty sure this will be the norm going forward. With the advent of 24 hour news 25 years ago and now the internet. The partisanship and petty bickering reaches new lows with each passing year.

I wont be surprised in Hillary's second term she will be the new worst president since WWII.

Probably true. And the fact that less than 50% can provide a concise and accurate overview of each of the three branches of the federal government and how they are supposed to function doesn't help at all.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...-sandra-day-oconnor-tea-party-/1#.U7QdFPldWuc

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
The documentary "Inequality for All" spells it out perfectly.

Tax the wealthy, use that tax money to provide free higher education for all.

Bring back unions.

My answer as a republican, capture the person and bring them to trial.

Tax wealthy for free higher education, Bring back Unions and Capture the person and bring them to trial? You have clearly described Republican positions. Lol. Wow.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Remarkable. Back when Bush was being polled as the worst president since the big bang, republicans were saying we had to wait until there was some judgment of history. Now democrats are doing the same thing. Shocker.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Oh come on. There's still Carter.

Carter was not a bad president imo. He did a lot of good things, Camp david anyone? The only reason most folks think so is that theyt are told to think so. If he would of gotten the kidnaped embassy back folks he would of gotten re-elected.

MixMasterTang

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Tax wealthy for free higher education, Bring back Unions and Capture the person and bring them to trial? You have clearly described Republican positions. Lol. Wow.

My sarcasm meter is either broken or TexasHiker has gone full out nutty.

squarecut1

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2013
Carter was/is too decent a human being to be a truly successful / popular politician. His life of service as an ex president instead of making untold millions on the speaking circuit is just one proof of that. At one time, he and his wife washed the restrooms of their church once a week. A very decent man.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Carter was not a bad president imo. He did a lot of good things, Camp david anyone? The only reason most folks think so is that theyt are told to think so. If he would of gotten the kidnaped embassy back folks he would of gotten re-elected.

I think that's being overly chartiable. Carter got destroyed in the 1980 election and I don't think the Iranian hostages being released would have saved him. There were too many other things working against him. Heck, he probably wouldn't have even won the Democratic nomination if Teddy Kennedy hadn't run such a terrible campaign.

st80pabr.gif