POLL: Just to see where everyone stands on Bush

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: LilBlinbBlahIce
Originally posted by: NightTrain
Sorry about that. Yes it was Gore, and I never, ever claimed that he would have been a good president, nor did I vote for him. He is just as stupid as Bush is.

It seems like you are smarter than everyone. Maybe you should have run for president.

Maybe I should have. But my daddy wasn't president, nor did I get a free ticket to an Ivy league school so I guess I am SOL.

None of that is required. Our history is scattered with presidents who came from humble beginnings.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: charrison
Originally posted by: NightTrain
Sorry about that. Yes it was Gore, and I never, ever claimed that he would have been a good president, nor did I vote for him. He is just as stupid as Bush is.

It seems like you are smarter than everyone. Maybe you should have run for president.

Maybe I should have. But my daddy wasn't president, nor did I get a free ticket to an Ivy league school so I guess I am SOL.

None of that is required. Our history is scattered with presidents who came from humble beginnings.

Who in the twentieth century?

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
What do I think about Bush?
1. He's a liar. He constantly fabricated reasons to go to war in Iraq. Played the 9/11 fear card for an emotional response, insulting my intellegence.
2. He is the biggest threat to civil liberties the country has ever seen, i.e. arrest without charges, access to council, no right to speedy trial, no right to see evidence, elimination of "probable cause" necessity to spy on citizens, incredible police powers to collect information from all civil databases and email, proposing that neighbors and workmen turn people in for "suspicious behavior, that Congress has no right to know what went into making the national energy policy. These are the same policies instituted by the likes of Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Sadaam, and others who ran police states.
3. Destruction of the domestic economy and simultaneously demanding tax cuts from the people most able to pay taxes and still maintain a good lifestyle while cutting funding for those who most dearly need it.
4. A foreign policy that is so disasterous it needs no interduction and will cause harm to the U.S. and its interests for years to come.
5. Science, sex education, and birth control policies rooted in Middle Ages era folklore and mythology.

And these are just my major beefs.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: jackschmittusa
1. He's a liar. He constantly fabricated reasons to go to war in Iraq. Played the 9/11 fear card for an emotional response, insulting my intellegence.
2. He is the biggest threat to civil liberties the country has ever seen, i.e. arrest without charges, access to council, no right to speedy trial, no right to see evidence, elimination of "probable cause" necessity to spy on citizens, incredible police powers to collect information from all civil databases and email, proposing that neighbors and workmen turn people in for "suspicious behavior, that Congress has no right to know what went into making the national energy policy. These are the same policies instituted by the likes of Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Sadaam, and others who ran police states.
3. Destruction of the domestic economy and simultaneously demanding tax cuts from the people most able to pay taxes and still maintain a good lifestyle while cutting funding for those who most dearly need it.
4. A foreign policy that is so disasterous it needs no interduction and will cause harm to the U.S. and its interests for years to come.
5. Science, sex education, and birth control policies rooted in Middle Ages era folklore and mythology.

#1 is on Page 2&3
#2 is on Page 14
#3 is on Pages 4-7
#4 is on pages 8&9
#5 isn't in the Liberal Handbook....yet;) Look for it in "The 2004 Election Playbook" revision 527

:p

CkG

RigorousT

Jan 12, 2001
Think we need more poll options......

"The First Twins Jenna and Barbara Bush are tasty hot... I'd take Papa Bush as my father-in-law."

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: RigorousT

"The First Twins Jenna and Barbara Bush are tasty hot... I'd take Papa Bush as my father-in-law."

Haha, I go to school with one of them, I've seen her (Jenna) around, she's not that good looking in real life. She looks like a younger version of Dubya with long blond hair and breasts. Because of that stupid biacth we had all sorts of enforcement of underage drinking laws. Austin used to be a chill layed back place when it came to partying, that changed when dumb hoe got caught drinking under age and using a fake ID. Trust the daughter of one of the dumbest men on the planet to use a fake ID when she's the daughter of the president of the United States.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Haha, I go to school with one of them, I've seen her (Jenna) around, she's not that good looking in real life. She looks like a younger version of Dubya with long blond hair and breasts. Because of that stupid biacth we had all sorts of enforcement of underage drinking laws. Austin used to be a chill layed back place when it came to partying, that changed when dumb hoe got caught drinking under age and using a fake ID. Trust the daughter of one of the dumbest men on the planet to use a fake ID when she's the daughter of the president of the United States.

all sorts of enforcement of underage drinking laws

And that is a bad thing? So not only are you pissed at Bush because you had to stand in the rain, but you are pissed because his daughter put underage drinking in the headlines?

Get over yourself already.

rolleye.gif

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Carbonyl
Sure everyone knows the rich top 1% pay the most tax, but lessening thier tax while increasing mine and yours is not fair. IMO.
First off, the Bush tax cut will reduce tax rates for virtually everyone who pays taxes. So saying "increasing mine" either shows your lack of knowledge, misunderstanding, or intentional deception. Nobody is asking you to pay more. You will pay less. The wealthiest will see the largest benefit because they pay the most taxes.

Second, on the issue of "fair", even if what you said about increasing your taxes was true, which it is NOT, if I gave $100,000 of my money to the federal government in taxes last year while you gave $100, why would it be unfair to say this year I only have to give $90,000 while you have to give $200 ? I've still payed roughly 1000 times as much as you to support our government.

Also, in the 50's the federal budget got 50% from corporate tax and 50% from individuals. Today it's 20-80.
Another standard liberal argument which fails to see or admit that corporations are composed of "individuals" rather than just being some giant inhuman entity.

Who do you think pays the corporate taxes?
The "individuals" do. The employees, the stockholders, the customers.

Think about it. If businesses have to pay higher taxes, they either raise prices or reduce employee pay and benefits.
If they raise prices, everyone's cost of living goes up and you lose any benefit of lower personal income tax rates. You pay less in taxes, but you have to spend more on everything you buy. Basically, the "individual" is paying the company's taxes.

If they reduce employee pay, it's the same thing. You pay less in taxes, but you bring less money in. Again, the "individual" is paying the company's taxes.
So it is really irrelevant what the split is.

Now under control of the whole deal the republicans are running a 550 BILLION dollar defict this year.
There is nothing wrong with the government having a deficit when needed. And actually, you and I can. It's called credit. Buying a house, or a car, etc. Yes, we need to keep an eye on it and not let it get out of hand. But raising taxes does not reduce the deficit. Hoover and Roosevelt both tried that and it failed. It caused an increase in the deficit.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

And that is a bad thing? So not only are you pissed at Bush because you had to stand in the rain, but you are pissed because his daughter put underage drinking in the headlines?

rolleye.gif

Hey, I'm young and I like to enjoy life. Just because I'm an Anandtech fan doesn't make me a "sitting in front of the computer playing Comand and Conquer all day long" kind of guy (I'm not suggesting that you are). But I'm finally 21 now, so I don't care.

RigorousT

Jan 12, 2001

Haha, I go to school with one of them, I've seen her (Jenna) around, she's not that good looking in real life. She looks like a younger version of Dubya with long blond hair and breasts.
Yeah I kinda agree... I actually have a crush on the other twin, Barbara... though if you stare long enough, anyone can look inbred. :D

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

rolleye.gif

Hey, I'm young and I like to enjoy life. Just because I'm an Anandtech fan doesn't make me a "sitting in front of the computer playing Comand and Conquer all day long" kind of guy (I'm not suggesting that you are). But I'm finally 21 now, so I don't care.

Heh :p Don't read me wrong - I'm pretty young myself (26) and did my share of Partying in college:D There was an incident after a certain Packer victory that sent the campus(University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh) into a joyful riot that turned ugly a year before I attended there. Guess what happened -they increased patrols and cracked down on underage drinking. Do I blame the Packers for the increased underage drinking patrols? Nope;)

C&C is fun:D:p

CkG

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I disagree with President Bush and his cabinet on occasions, but that is like any other president we had in office. I like Bush Jr. because he takes action and he is not a man of empty words and promises. Even though he does come off sometimes to be the worst public speaker ever, he really shines when he adds emotions to his speeches.

We cannot be afraid of presidents who take action. We must have a commander in chief, not a monkey in suite playing the democratic puppet.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Liberals/Conservatives will do/say anything to achive comfort in their own political bigotry...

There, we now have "fair and balanced"

Political bigotry defined-
The view held by someone who strongly disagrees with the political beliefs of another, disregarding any idea automatically based on the label they have affixed to the presenter, regardless of merit.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

care to know what I think about people who still deny links to Al-Queeda, or WMD? since your number 1 was wrong, I did not bother reading the rest, but I'm sure you enjoyed getting some of that bias off youre chest, did it make any room for reality?

Read through it all finally, one question, how did Stalin, Hitler, and Mao montior e-mail?

VFAA

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2001
Jebus, a simple "good Bush" or "bad Bush" would do... frikken 11 choices makes my head spin...

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Where is the choice for standing on his neck?

willing to bet that would have pulled its weight here.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
I support Bush, he was elected fairly, I support his decision to go to war, but I reserve the right to dissagree with him on any issue?

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Alistar7

care to know what I think about people who still deny links to Al-Queeda, or WMD? since your number 1 was wrong, I did not bother reading the rest, but I'm sure you enjoyed getting some of that bias off youre chest, did it make any room for reality?

Actually he's right on the money with #1..... and #2.... and #3, and #4. #5 could be argued, and I almost want to just throw it in anyways for good measure, but I try to only use what I can faithfully backup so I'll just say he's batting 4 for 5 now.

Too bad your pro-bush bias won't allow you to get past #1. But hey we all have our pitfalls.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Actually he's right on the money with #1..... and #2.... and #3, and #4. #5 could be argued, and I almost want to just throw it in anyways for good measure, but I try to only use what I can faithfully backup so I'll just say he's batting 4 for 5 now.

1 could be argued but you have no proof he lied, 2 and 3 are bullsh!t, 4 could be argued but is mostly speculation and 5 is bullsh!t.

Too bad your pro-bush bias won't allow you to get past #1. But hey we all have our pitfalls.
Too bad your rapidly degenerating cerebral matter won't allow you a coherent thought. Of course, weren't you the one who linked to Will Wheaton's web site, using it as a pertinent anti-war argument?