POLL: Just to see where everyone stands on Bush

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
I'm just curious to see what people really thing about Bush. I've noticed that while a lot of the conservatives here may support the war, they think Bush is a moron, while others would gladly wage war on the moon if Bush told them the Moonanites were possibly, maybe, allegedly developing WMD. Then there are us liberals who think that Bush is an idiot but that the war was just or that Bush and the war are both retarded. Let's see...

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
All right 100% says:
Bush is a complete moron, and his policies are going to be more detrimental to this country than beneficial.
:D as of now

Judgement

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Can we get an option that says something like:

"Bush is an idiot and I don't agree with most of his policies, but he is the legitimate president and I support the war in Iraq"

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Where is the reply for I support Bush, he was elected fairly, I support his decision to go to war, but I reserve the right to dissagree with him on other issues?

You see LilBlinbBlahIce et al. - Not all of us "conservatives" are the blind morons you try to protray us as.

CkG

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Hey, I said right away, if you have any suggestions for more options tell me. I added the one Judgement asked for verbatim.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Ahem...

"I support Bush, he was elected fairly, I support his decision to go to war, but I reserve the right to dissagree with him on any issue?"

tick tock tick tock.....

CkG

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Where is the reply for I support Bush, he was elected fairly, I support his decision to go to war, but I reserve the right to dissagree with him on other issues?

You see LilBlinbBlahIce et al. - Not all of us "conservatives" are the blind morons you try to protray us as.

CkG

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
I'm a former liberal. I voted for Clinton twice.
I support Bush and the war. I do not blindly follow him. I disagree with him on some issues but overall I think he has done a very good job. I don't think he's a moron at all. I think he's a relatively poor public speaker and that gives the impression that he is a moron. He is kind of a dork though. He doesn't have the coolness that Clinton had.

But since when has anyone's public speaking skills been equivalent to their intelligence level? Not that Bush is a genius, but I bet most geniuses would not be good public speakers either.

Any of you who think he was unfairly elected and is not the legitimate president are the real morons here. I guess you missed the class that covered the constitution and the electoral college system that our country has had for a couple of years. Otherwise you would understand why we have that system and why we are the "United States of America" instead of the "State of America" Hint: look up "Tyranny of the Majority" and "States Rights". It might shed some light.

Aside from being morons, you are also extremely biased hypocrites.
Would any of you be bitching about how unfair it was if Bush got more total votes but Gore had more electoral votes and won the presidency? Didn't think so.

By the way, I think the national polls that show 70% support are a little more scientific than yours.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Shanti
I'm a former liberal. I voted for Clinton twice.
I support Bush and the war. I do not blindly follow him. I disagree with him on some issues but overall I think he has done a very good job. I don't think he's a moron at all. I think he's a relatively poor public speaker and that gives the impression that he is a moron. He is kind of a dork though. He doesn't have the coolness that Clinton had.

But since when has anyone's public speaking skills been equivalent to their intelligence level? Not that Bush is a genius, but I bet most geniuses would not be good public speakers either.

Any of you who think he was unfairly elected and is not the legitimate president are the real morons here. I guess you missed the class that covered the constitution and the electoral college system that our country has had for a couple of years. Otherwise you would understand why we have that system and why we are the "United States of America" instead of the "State of America" Hint: look up "Tyranny of the Majority" and "States Rights". It might shed some light.

Aside from being morons, you are also extremely biased hypocrites.
Would any of you be bitching about how unfair it was if Bush got more total votes but Gore had more electoral votes and won the presidency? Didn't think so.

By the way, I think the national polls that show 70% support are a little more scientific than yours.

Ehh... Why are you attacking me. I just set up a poll and kept it open for people to suggest more answers so it would be fair to the conservatives. No one is saying that this poll was scientific, it's just to gauge the opinions of people in this forum.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Liberals will do/say anything to achive comfort in their own political bigotry...

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: LilBlinbBlahIceEhh... Why are you attacking me. I just set up a poll and kept it open for people to suggest more answers so it would be fair to the conservatives. No one is saying that this poll was scientific, it's just to gauge the opinions of people in this forum.
It wasn't an attack on you. Just a disclaimer. You know, like when the news stations have a poll and have to state that the results are not scientific. Too many people see some small poll like this and assume it is somehow representative of the opinions of the general public.

Of course, 7 of the 11 options you had are blatantly anti-Bush.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: LilBlinbBlahIceEhh... Why are you attacking me. I just set up a poll and kept it open for people to suggest more answers so it would be fair to the conservatives. No one is saying that this poll was scientific, it's just to gauge the opinions of people in this forum.
It wasn't an attack on you. Just a disclaimer. You know, like when the news stations have a poll and have to state that the results are not scientific. Too many people see some small poll like this and assume it is somehow representative of the opinions of the general public.

Of course, 7 of the 11 options you had are blatantly anti-Bush.

Hey, I'm open to adding more potential answers, any suggestions?

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I voted for him and will vote for him in 2004. I do not agree with his appointment of Asscroft nor on the giving of Godlike powers to the government in the wake of 9-11 with the passing of the "Guilty until proven Innocent" version that allows Carnivore to scan all your emails and government agencies procuring phone taps at the drop of a hat.

He is my president though and I will follow him even if I disagree on some issues. I agree with Bush more than I would have agreed with Gore on.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Nah, theres enough options for Bush supporters. Just pointing out that the options clearly showed your opinions.

The results actually look pretty split if you group together similar answers. Which makes sense really, since the split between conservatives and liberals moves back and forth but never gets too far away from 50-50.

Just a general thought:
I think politics in this country will always pretty much balance out.
There will always be a certain number of die-hard conservatives and there will always be a certain number of die-hard liberals.
It is the people in the middle that make the difference in which way the country swings. And the people in the middle react both to the current political climate and to specific events like 9/11. Once we have swung very far to either the right or left, the people in the middle will feel like it is too far and they will drive us back in the other direction. So I think it will be cyclical and we will continue over the years to move back and forth from right to left. Of course, events like 9/11 can also drive a temporary shift in a certain direction. I think Bush's high approval and the high approval for the war is due to 9/11 in many ways. But that effect will not be permanent.

In other words, if you are a liberal, don't worry too much. You'll get your turn again. You can hope it's sooner and I'll hope it's later. Just remember, the great thing about this country is we can have these arguments and discussions without fear of punishment, and both liberals and conservatives should be thankful for that.

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
I picked that he is a complete moron. But this one also works for me:

In the next elections, even if the Democrats run a blind, gay monkey with Turrets, they will have my vote
Not that I'm a die hard liberal (actually I'm registered independent and voted for a republican governor), but it would be really hard for them to find something worse for the economy than the last 3 republican presidents, GWB especially, and if a convicted criminal ran against Bush I would vote for the criminal.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Liberals will do/say anything to achive comfort in their own political bigotry...

I certainly delight in the irony of the forum morons who waste their lives starting these moronic threads/polls whining about some supposed moron who has the guts, conviction, and the power to make history--right or wrong--while hiding behind their disabled profiles taking potshots from behind their anonymity.

PIMPBOT5000

Jan 9, 2003
Nah, theres enough options for Bush supporters. Just pointing out that the options clearly showed your opinions.

The results actually look pretty split if you group together similar answers. Which makes sense really, since the split between conservatives and liberals moves back and forth but never gets too far away from 50-50.

Just a general thought:
I think politics in this country will always pretty much balance out.
There will always be a certain number of die-hard conservatives and there will always be a certain number of die-hard liberals.
It is the people in the middle that make the difference in which way the country swings. And the people in the middle react both to the current political climate and to specific events like 9/11. Once we have swung very far to either the right or left, the people in the middle will feel like it is too far and they will drive us back in the other direction. So I think it will be cyclical and we will continue over the years to move back and forth from right to left. Of course, events like 9/11 can also drive a temporary shift in a certain direction. I think Bush's high approval and the high approval for the war is due to 9/11 in many ways. But that effect will not be permanent.

In other words, if you are a liberal, don't worry too much. You'll get your turn again. You can hope it's sooner and I'll hope it's later. Just remember, the great thing about this country is we can have these arguments and discussions without fear of punishment, and both liberals and conservatives should be thankful for that.

I think this has to be the most informative post I have read while in the war forum to date. I don't think anyone could put it better!

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Corn

I certainly delight in the irony of the forum morons who waste their lives starting these moronic threads/polls whining about some supposed moron who has the guts, conviction, and the power to make history--right or wrong--while hiding behind their disabled profiles taking potshots from behind their anonymity.

Hitler had the guts, conviction, and power to make history too.

NightTrain

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by: sandorski

Hitler had the guts, conviction, and power to make history too.[/quote]

Hitler loved German shepherds. Nothing wrong with German shepherds.

Ideas are not responsible for who has them.

swifty3

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

CkG

lol, most of you "conservatives" do just fine portraying yourselves as blind morons without anyone else's help, thank you very much.