*POLL* - If you could make Clinton Pres. would you?

batmang

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2003
If you had the power to make clinton president in place of bush jr., would you, or do you think bush jr. is doing a good job?

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Hell yes.

"Which is worse? Screwing an intern or screwing the country?" that's how I look at it.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Well, I won't go so far as to say I would make Clinton president again but as an academic exercise, I am curious to know what a Clinton presidency would have been like had he been given the chance of another 4 years. I don't think that Clinton's two terms were particularly challenging for a president; it seems to me it was a time when nearly anyone could have presided over the presidency, although I will readily admit that I paid zero attention to what was happening in the States or elsewhere from 1995 until 2001. I have almost no recollection of world events during that period of time as I had pretty much dropped out completely and avoided the news altogether. I can't even tell you who Clinton ran against in the 1996 election.

Given the events which have occured since he stepped down, I would have been interested to see how he would have met these challenges.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
No. I wouldn't want someone who lies under oath as my president again.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
I wouldn't want Clinton to be president again; however, as jjones said, it would be interesting to know how Clinton would have dealt with the events of the past three years.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Gaard

But you wouldn't have any problems if Clinton just lie to the country in the state of the union address, lie again and again about weapons of mass destruction, Al Queada links to Iraq; would you? ;)

Clinton did a great job as president, despite what history revisionists might have you believe.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I can see Bush and Clinton at the local pub in a few years talking about the way they each pissed on the little people.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
"Earlier today I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces," Clinton said.

"Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors," said Clinton.

Clinton also stated that, while other countries also had weapons of mass destruction, Hussein is in a different category because he has used such weapons against his own people and against his neighbors.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9812/16/clinton.iraq.speech/

Sounds familiar... Clinton must be a liar too then since he reacted in the same manner as Bush.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
If Gore had chosen Clinton as his running mate Gore would be president today.

I'd take Clinton (either) as the poll says, in a heartbeat.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: daniel1113
"Earlier today I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces," Clinton said.

"Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors," said Clinton.

Clinton also stated that, while other countries also had weapons of mass destruction, Hussein is in a different category because he has used such weapons against his own people and against his neighbors.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9812/16/clinton.iraq.speech/

Sounds familiar... Clinton must be a liar too then since he reacted in the same manner as Bush.

Waiting for some liberal nutcase to throw up the why do you have to bring up Clinton in every thread...

Doh, this is a Clinton thread :)

compudog

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2001
I don't think either of them were/are any good. Bush is all big business, and Clinton lied too much (and got caught) too much for my sensiblities.

Antoneo

Diamond Member
May 25, 2001
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
Originally posted by: Gaard

But you wouldn't have any problems if Clinton just lie to the country in the state of the union address, lie again and again about weapons of mass destruction, Al Queada links to Iraq; would you? ;)

Clinton did a great job as president, despite what history revisionists might have you believe.
And yet when Clinton declared the same exact statements about Iraq (their weapons and threat to America) based on the same "false intelligence" as Bush, it's all ok.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Thinking of Clinton being back in office makes me need to take some asprin.

Strangely, they seem to be in short supply.

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
I didn't care for Clinton much.

But he wasn't quite as anti- middle class like Bush and co. are.

So yes I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Brie

May 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
clinton should have taken care of al queda when he had the chance

Why....There are hundreds if not thousands of terrorist orgs out there even. If Clinton knew that one would attack (Which they NEVER want to do
rolleye.gif
) how could he know which one to "take out"? I really didn?t care for Clinton but all of this 9-11/terrorism blame game crap is really getting old...

Don?t mean to flame this goes out to all complainers...:)

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Brie
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
clinton should have taken care of al queda when he had the chance

Why....There are hundreds if not thousands of terrorist orgs out there even. If Clinton knew that one would attack (Which they NEVER want to do
rolleye.gif
) how could he know which one to "take out"? I really didn?t care for Clinton but all of this 9-11/terrorism blame game crap is really getting old...

Don?t mean to flame this goes out to all complainers...:)

The Bombings of U.S. Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania August 7, 1998

SUDAN TRIED TO GIVE CLINTON ADMIN FILES ON BIN LADEN

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
Dont forget the first WTC bombing as well. I wonder, had that bombing been truly successfull in bringing down the WTC and 25000 people had died because it immediately collapsed, what kind of wars would we have been embroiled in at that time, since we fully believed at that time that Iraq was equipped?