*POLL* - If you could make Clinton Pres. would you?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Gaard
I can see Bush and Clinton at the local pub in a few years talking about the way they each pissed on the little people.

How have Bush and Clinton pissed on the "little people"?

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth
Originally posted by: Gaard
I can see Bush and Clinton at the local pub in a few years talking about the way they each pissed on the little people.

How have Bush and Clinton pissed on the "little people"?

Sorry. I couldn't think of a better word. 'Pissed' was the only thing I could come up with.

Clinton went on TV and lied to every single American citizen.
Bush misled the American (and world) population to garner support for the Iraq war. IMO, of course. ;)

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hmmmm.... very ugly choice. The one who has no morals and was basically a weasel, or the one who has seeminly surrounded himself with warmongers and people bent on destroying civil liberties in the name of security. Not a good choice either way!

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
daniel1113,
What civil liberties have you lost as a result of Bush?
Lets see.... how about the right to a quick and speedy trial (people are in jail now with no charges, no lawyers, no representation, no communication etc.
How about the right to an fair and open trial... secret military trials in some faraway place hardly strike me as fair and open. How about the right to confront your accusor .... nope, not there anymore. One could go on and on.

I'm sure with the legal jungle there are ways to do everything perfectly legally, but if someone sits in jail with no communication, no charges, no lawyer -- basically forever, that just gives me the gut feeling of "something is wrong with that", whether it's legal or not.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
So, once again, how does that affect YOU? Unless you are a foreign terrorist that we capture while fighting overseas, none of that will affect you.

HombrePequeno

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by: daniel1113
So, once again, how does that affect YOU? Unless you are a foreign terrorist that we capture while fighting overseas, none of that will affect you.

So as long as it's just "terrorists" it's okay? How would we know they're terrorists if they don't even get a trial?

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
The point is that they are not U.S. citizens; therefore, they don't have nor diserve the rights guaranteed to legal citizens.

IJustAte

Nov 28, 2002
The point is that they are not U.S. citizens; therefore, they don't have nor diserve the rights guaranteed to legal citizens.
Why should any living person be treated differently just because they weren't fortunate enough to be born in the U.S.?

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: IJustAte
Why should any living person be treated differently just because they weren't fortunate enough to be born in the U.S.?

If we treated everyone the same, regardless of their citizenship, what would be the point of being a citizen? It is that very attitude that makes it possible for 8 million illegal aliens to live in our country and receive benefits.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Quite an interesting political statement there and getting stronger as this thread matures.
GOP Political Loyalists combined with the Anti-Clinton Sepratists trail Mr. Bill.

IJustAte

Nov 28, 2002
Originally posted by: IJustAte

If we treated everyone the same, regardless of their citizenship, what would be the point of being a citizen? It is that very attitude that makes it possible for 8 million illegal aliens to live in our country and receive benefits.
So you think that any foreign person who is suspected of terrorism should automatically be put behind bars forever and denied any sort of trial, just because they weren't born in the United States? Don't you think your patriotism is going a little overboard when you start to think that a non-US born citizen doesn't even deserve basic human rights? Why should a newborn child be doomed to a lifetime of poverty and ridiculous work conditions just because they were unfortunate enough to be born on the wrong side of a man-made border? Does that make any sense to you, or has your patriotism completely erased your respect for human life? Unless you're a full blooded native American, you're nothing but an immigrant yourself. But for some reason you think you deserve special treatment above all these other immigrants just because your ancestors got here a little quicker. Doesn't make a damn bit of sense to me. This country was founded by immigrants, but for some reason everyone has decided that immigrants are no longer welcome. Doesn't make sense to me that people complain if immigrants come into the country and suck up welfare money, and the same people complain if the immigrants come into the country and take all the jobs away from us "worthy" Americans. Seems kinda selfish to me. Would your opinion be the same if you had been born in Mexico and YOU were one of those terrible 2nd rate humans?

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Right... where did I say that I was against immigrants? That's right, I didn't. I said, illegal immigrants. I have no probem helping the poor unfortunate child that you describe, if they go through INS and become legal citizens. And I don't see why you make me sound like such an inhumane person. The U.S. helps more people that any other country, and I think that is awesome. However, a terrorist (or suspected terrorist) does not deserve the same treatment as U.S. citizens. They deserve a trial, which they will all get, and you know it. As for sitting in a cell for two years before their trial, they deserve it. Heck, that's faster than what most U.S. citizens get.

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
So who are the 43 cracksmokers who think Bush is doing a good job? And why aren't they SHARING!?!

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I think we should have a similar thread about Reagan. Or at least Reagan prior to him forgetting everything.

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
Reagan totally sucked too, but at least he was a lot better than Bush - both before AND after the "memory loss".

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000
I'm pleasantly surprised by the results of the poll.

Bush is a moron, and a goon. He needs to go away.

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: BlinderBomber
Hell yes.

"Which is worse? Screwing an intern or screwing the country?" that's how I look at it.

Exactly what I was going to say. However I don't blame Bush altogether for the war turning into Iraq-Nam. I beleive it was Bush's indecision and weakness to Rumsfeld's true evil.

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
Define terrorist. Foreign or domestic, anyone from Peta to Bin Laden himself is a terrorist by Bush's own definition. There is no grey area, sooner or later enviormentalists will be terrorists too. But drilling for oil in national parks is fine and dandy. What's next Mac users?

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Well, since you obviously aren't reading my responses... NON-U.S. CITIZENS THAT COMMIT TERRORIST-TYPE ACTS AGAINST THE U.S. DON'T DESERVE THE SAME RIGHTS AS LEGAL U.S. CITIZENS. Is that clear enough for you? Now, if PETA or any other group of legal U.S. citizens decides to attack a meat packing plant because of the "holocaust" against animals that is occuring, they deserve to be prosecuted just like any other U.S. citizen with every legal right. I don't understand why it is so hard to comprehend this...