Poll: Do you trust Blair?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Winston Churchill received it, if you recall. He's been the last non-US citizen to receive it tho.

I do hear the possiblity is there for Blair to receive it.

Our leader, Bush, doesn't mind slapping things around when it's convenient,,,,if you haven't already noticed that train-wreck by now!!!!!!!!!! :)

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
Winston Churchill received it, if you recall. He's been the last non-US citizen to receive it tho.

Our leader, Bush, doesn't mind slapping things around when it's convenient,,,,if you haven't already noticed that train-wreck by now!!!!!!!!!! :)

Fair enough - didn't realise that.

Cheers,

Andy

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

wasnt blair supposed to get some medal week ago or so? but canceled because he was going to be quizzed by the congress or something

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Blair got the Congressional Gold Medal

the President gives the Presidential Medal of Freedom

I don't recall Churchill getting the CMOH.... nor would I expect a non combatant to be awarded this honor... I would be outraged...

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
what a joke, blair got the medal for bending over for bush; big award that means...lol

its complete now: blair is bush's bvtch

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Blair could sell ice cubes to Eskimos.
Blair got the Congressional Gold Medal
For doing what? Being a cheerleader? For agreeing with Bush? If so that really cheapens the medal.

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Hi,

Anyone else notice the not-so-subtle suggestion for more multi-lateral body (UN etc) involvement in future conflicts, rebuilding, etc. in Blair's congress speech? Winning hearts and minds? That was the best part IMHO. You can link to the official transcript here.

It is not the coalition that determines the mission but the mission, the coalition. I agree. But let us start preferring a coalition and acting alone if we have to; not the other way round.

True, winning wars is not easier that way.

But winning the peace is.

But frankly, we need to go beyond Kyoto. Science and technology is the way. Climate change, deforestation and the voracious drain on natural resources cannot be ignored. Unchecked, these forces will hinder the economic development of the most vulnerable nations first, and ultimately, all nations. We must show the world that we are willing to step up to these challenges around the world and in our own backyard.

If this seems a long way from the threat of terror and WMD it is only to say again that the world's security cannot be protected without the world's heart being won.

So: America must listen as well as lead. But don't ever apologise for your values.

Cheers,

Andy

EDIT: Started new thread specifically to garner opinion on this speech.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Bush and Blair are sounding pretty serious today; the torment they know they face is showing. We got'em on the run!

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Bush and Blair are sounding pretty serious today; the torment they know they face is showing. We got'em on the run!

One lies and the other swears to it... I don't know about the half truths or the truths that set up the lie... it is still the lie that I wish to focus on... is it a lie or is it not a lie... not go around robin hood's barn to point at the cow who ate the grass that the farmer planted to show the value of pig poop.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
blair needed to come over to get his story straight with George's. obviously that kind of conversation demands something that won't cross phone/email/etc. wires around the world. this is face to face, whispering sweet nothings in each other's ear before george pumps tony's butt up in the air for his "needs". ;-)

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Hi,

Just learned this from the speech. He got the Congressional Gold Medal, NOT the CMoH.

Cheers,

Andy

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
ahh well either one, it's a joke and a symbolic icon of what he is to george .

thanks for helping us be more precise, andy