POLL: Do you think O.J. is a double murderer or not?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Manzelle

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2003
I was in 9th grade and saw the verdict during French class...
Nordberg is a guilty man...

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
no way. ron was killing nicole and oj tried to stop it, and ended up killing ron in the process, so hes only a single killer :)

ctcsoft

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003

money = power.

money & the power = the right to do wrong and have a good chance in getting away with it.

So. This is how our society is setup. Sometimes the money trick works, sometimes it doesn't.

Gotta love the rich Murderers who live among us and will never spend a day in prison...

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: ElFenix
no way. ron was killing nicole and oj tried to stop it, and ended up killing ron in the process, so hes only a single killer :)

Not only did the defense not make this arguement, but Ron G. was not a killer, and had no reason to do so.

Kato however was an out of work actor with beedy eyes a shady disposition. :Q This however also proves nothing.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: FelixDeKat
Originally posted by: ElFenix

Not only did the defense not make this arguement, but Ron G. was not a killer, and had no reason to do so.

Kato however was an out of work actor with beedy eyes a shady disposition. :Q This however also proves nothing.

Kato hadn't the intellect to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich mustless murder

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
I remember stopping biology class and watching the last part of the trial on our supposedly-closed-circuit TV in the classroom.

DeafeningSilence

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2002
Originally posted by: Deeko
I was very young when it happened. For some reason, everyone in school thought he was innocent. Probably because we were stupid elementary school kids.

I was young too -- before the age when I realized that heroes are fallible.

That's the reason most young people think he's innocent.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: DeafeningSilence
Originally posted by: Deeko
I was very young when it happened. For some reason, everyone in school thought he was innocent. Probably because we were stupid elementary school kids.

I was young too -- before the age when I realized that heroes are fallible.

That's the reason most young people think he's innocent.

I am 17, and grew up thinking he was guilty.

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
I was in 7-8th grade at the time

a lot of people don't remember the details. He is guilty, there's no doubt about that.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I'm 19 now, so I was quite young when the trial was going on but I DO recall watching some of the trial coverage and as such I have very little doubt that he is, in fact, guilty.

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
I was like 17 or so, senior in high school. In fact I remember when the verdict was going to be read, our English teacher wheeled in a TV and we watched it. We all thought he was guilty as sin, but guess we were suprised. Something I noticed, and not sure how to say this nicely; anyhow, I noticed that the more 'intelligent' people thought he was guilty as hell. I was in the honor tract thingy-ma-bob so therefore hung out with mostly the same people and nearly (if not all) of us thought he was guilty. However talking to some people at the time who were umm, . . . let's say not as smart. . . thought he was innocent.

Then I remember a couple of years later when I was in college and my genetics prof said something like the DNA evidence of the trial had a 1 in 6 billion chance of it NOT being him; and at the time there was 5 billion or so people in the world. I thought that was rather amusing.

Frodolives

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2001
It's possible he's not a double murderer I guess...if there are more victims I haven't learned of.

Wuffsunie

Platinum Member
May 4, 2002
Guilty as hell.

That trial was a complete travesty, proof that enough money will buy freedom. Hell, he should have gone to prison on the DNA evidence alone! I haven't seen such a mockery of science made anywhere else besides the Inquisition!

Frankly, I don't think it should even have made trial. They should have used force to end that dumb Bronco chase, like they would have with any other suspected criminal. (BTW, why was he never charged for any of that crap? Last I looked, trying to evade the cops [even with a slow @ss method like that] is a felony.)

Kyteland

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2002
Originally posted by: Babbles
Then I remember a couple of years later when I was in college and my genetics prof said something like the DNA evidence of the trial had a 1 in 6 billion chance of it NOT being him; and at the time there was 5 billion or so people in the world. I thought that was rather amusing.

You are analyzing that information wrong.

there is a 1 in 6,000,000,000 chance of it not being him
p(being OJ) = 1/6,000,000,000
p(not being OJ) = 5,999,999,999
There were 5,000,000,000 people in the world at the time.

The probability that there were exactly X people in the world with that DNA match is determined by this math formula.
f(X) = combin(5000000000, X) * (1/6000000000)^(X) * (5999999999/6000000000)^(5000000000-X)
To determine the probability that 2 or more people in the world existed that would mathch that DNA is determined by this
p(>=2) = 1 - f(0) - f(1)
f(0) = 0.434598178511218
f(1) = 0.362165148819709
so p(>=2) = 0.203236672669073

there was a 20.32% chance that someone else in the wold existed that would match that DNA test.

I vote that he's guilty, but at least understand the math. :p