**POLL** do u use SoundBlaster Live??

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
I usta use one I use my on board Sound storm now though... AHHH MUCH improved.

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Originally posted by: LS20
had SB Live! Value replaced with M-Audio Revolution 7.1 audio quality > all over your silly creative lab products :D

Almost the same here - had a SBLive, then went to Audigy, got sick of Creatives crappy drivers that seemed to hang my system when I installed them. Then that stupid ass creative sound when my computer booted up :| - I'm extremely pleased with my M-Audio and will not replace it unless a sound card comes out that includes a stripper to go with the music I play.

AsianriceX

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Phoenix15
Thread hijack here.

I built a HTPC for myself. I had a old Live 5.1 lying around. I wanted to use the digital connection to my reciever, but I could never get it to work. The analog outs worked fine, but the digital out never worked. So I went to download the latest drivers and the model number of my card is not listed on Creative's website. The model number is "SB0220". If you run a search on google it pulls up several places selling it. So anyway, anyone have any ideas on why its not working?

I believe the Live's had a digital out, but it was some proprietary Creative crap that only worked with their 5.1 speakers. I remember some people buying the speakers and then having to wait for a few weeks because you needed some adapter to actually get the damn thing to output a digital signal. Or maybe I'm not remembering the right thing...I had a Live X-Gamer(not 5.1).

Phoenix15

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: AsianriceX
Originally posted by: Phoenix15
Thread hijack here.

I built a HTPC for myself. I had a old Live 5.1 lying around. I wanted to use the digital connection to my reciever, but I could never get it to work. The analog outs worked fine, but the digital out never worked. So I went to download the latest drivers and the model number of my card is not listed on Creative's website. The model number is "SB0220". If you run a search on google it pulls up several places selling it. So anyway, anyone have any ideas on why its not working?

I believe the Live's had a digital out, but it was some proprietary Creative crap that only worked with their 5.1 speakers. I remember some people buying the speakers and then having to wait for a few weeks because you needed some adapter to actually get the damn thing to output a digital signal. Or maybe I'm not remembering the right thing...I had a Live X-Gamer(not 5.1).

It is indeed a proprietary connector, but you can get a adapter for it pretty easily. Just found a post on Creative's European forums that may fix the problem.